GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega ditch Nintendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 12:58
Regular
It appears that Sega are in big trouble and have had to take action first up it will publish games on Multi-format so things like Sega Gt and Jet Set Radio future will have to go all console format, when you are in the position that Sega are in at the moment it is very foolish to go down exclusive titles route anyway.

Then there are the Sega Sports titles which Sega will no longer produce for the GC as the sluggish sales of the cube have forced it into totally ditching sports titles for the GC as they are not financially profitable (oh dear).
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:48
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
GTA's one of the 5 games that are relly worth the asking price on the PS2.

*Well, there's Red Faction2, The Getaway, PS2 SIMS, Driver 3, NFS, Burnout 2, MotoGP2, new Tome Raider, Jack & Daxter, Rachet & Clank, plenty of good games*

An old and very dated console with less future prospects or an Xbox,
the most powerful out of the 2, 2 free games and a much better future release list and the best online plans on any console.

*2 free games that are not as good as any I listed at the top.
Broadband that only half a million people are actually using, and not many more can even receive - even if they did want to spend all that cash every month on subscription charges.*

It doesn't really take a genious to work out which is the best buy....
*No it doesn't.*
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:41
Regular
Tiltawhirl you are bit touchy today, should be careful before you burst a pipe. Still could always get a old worn out plumber to fix it, look in the classifieds under M.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:36
Regular
Top score wrote:
> The fact of the matter is Update 2.0, when it comes to a choice of an
> Xbox with a couple of SEGA titles and PS2 with GTA VC is there anyone
> out there stupid enough or who wants to buy the Xbox.

That's the thing though Top Score, GTA's one of the 5 games that are relly worth the asking price on the PS2.

An old and very dated console with less future prospects or an Xbox, the most powerful out of the 2, 2 free games and a much better future release list and the best online plans on any console.

It doesn't really take a genious to work out which is the best buy....
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:33
Regular
The fact of the matter is Update 2.0, when it comes to a choice of an Xbox with a couple of SEGA titles and PS2 with GTA VC is there anyone out there stupid enough or who wants to buy the Xbox.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:33
Regular
Top score wrote:

> As for the facts they speak for themselves Nintendo is offically
> Ranked No 3 in the world and that is out of 3 you do the math.

Fact it though that I have a Gamecube, I'm happy with my Gamecube, I'm extremly happy with the games coming out for my Gamecube. In no way does Nintendo's finances have anything to do with me, I couldn't care less who's selling best, at the end of the day I'm playing the games that I enjoy and that's all that matters.

A big comapny's yearly money intake means absoloutly diddly squat to me, if you're so happy with your PS2 why don't you go play it and stop spending all your time annoying people on the Internet with your inane, biased crap.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:29
Regular
nintendo is 2nd... u fool 3rd in england learn ur facts.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:28
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> If you removed that guys wiener from your cake hole then you might be able to concentrate properly and get your facts straight.

You shouldn't get so hett up about things, because comments like this could easily get you banned on this chat room.

As for the facts they speak for themselves Nintendo is offically Ranked No 3 in the world and that is out of 3 you do the math.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:27
Regular
Sega down 20%, I put that on the post last week! Still, with Sega in the current situation, I am not surprised that they are having to re-think their software only plan. They need to make money, and make it quick. The only way to do that is to go multi-platform. There just are not enough Cubes or XBox's out there. Think about all those user's, there must some who don't won't Sega's offerings. So multi-platform gets to more people.

Sega games are also being bundled for *free* with the XBox. 2 things, is this the only way Sega can shift it's software? When people have a choice, they don't want it. 2, if nobody is buying Sega games, what does this say about XBox? Do people really want a couple of Sega games with their XBox?
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:25
Regular
Top score wrote:
> Sonic and Mario the old firm enemies have been spotted together at a
> residential home, never mind at least they will be cared for there.

Oh the comedy, please stop with your hillarioulsy witty jokes.

*explodes with laughter*
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:22
Regular
Sonic and Mario the old firm enemies have been spotted together at a residential home, never mind at least they will be cared for there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.