GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"come on guys STOP sticking up for nintendo!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 22:38
Regular
I really hate the fact people are staying loyal to nintendo, they left europe behind years ago!
the games are STILL childish and for little kids!
they STILL have bloody italian plumbers!!
they STILL are intent on their own format not a widely used one! ( N64 cart, big mistake, GAMECUBE not dvd, big mistake)
price is good, but then, if the games are pants!! who cares!
I hate nintendo, do what sega did! STOP MAKING CONSOLES!!!

the xbox is incredible, I have one , Ive tried all of them, PS2, XBOX, GAMECUBE,
theres simply no comparison
PERIOD!
who ever thinks otherwise is either a 14 year old puffy jacket, or cant afford one!
Sun 10/03/02 at 16:45
Regular
If he comes back, maybe he would like to read this quote from Shigeru Miyamoto I copied off Planet GameCube:

"I think it's not wise to talk about something before having the chance to test it. Only playing you can judge a game and, after E3 2002, when you all will be able to play with the new Zelda, we will talk again about it." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Sun 10/03/02 at 16:48
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> lol! Nice stuff there Edgy!!!

Well done tearing him down... it was very funny
> especially the final comment!

He deserved it, he's most likely an alias for someone too (JAT's usually type the shorter messages).
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Where do these guys come from?
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:38
Regular
>That's why they're getting the most profits each year?

er no microsoft and soney get far more profits than nintendo and untill recnet years seag have too

>That's why Super Mario
>Kart is considered one of the best games ever, and why >Sonic The Hedgehog, which
>although looks different to Super Mario World, is very >similar in principle, was
>released on the Mega Drive soon after?

WRONG!, sonic is far better and far more original than mario every was, mario was little diferent from 8 bit platformers sonic was fast and original and its the poriginality of mega drive games than made it kick the "rear end" of the snez, many bought the mega drive just for sonic games, u cant say than about a certain fat plumer

>Have you ever used one (n64 controler)? They're brilliant >for
> FPS games!

as a matter of fact i have on many games including fps games (golden eye and perfect dark) and its in these games they r most unusable, bring on the ps2 or dreamcast controler anyday, ive used em both and they r much better

>It's like a dream
> to use though! Try it and you'll see!

um yes as i sed i have tried it, tell me hav u ever tried a dreamcast controler, u should then u will see what i mean by n64 controler = unusable

> have an open mind and have NO KNOWLEDGE OF GAMING!

i do, thats why i have given dreamcast, playstation and nintendo their chances in the past

oh and by the way im not that narror minded biast one here because ive tried all the consoles and given them a chance rather than going on hype, you thou just love nintendo coz u think they think of u first, guess what they dont uk gamers will b the last to get the cube,
but uk gamers will get box first, over a year befor the japanees do,

i think i have proved my point feel free to dump nintendo for sega microsoft or sony
Sun 10/03/02 at 21:54
Regular
dark child wrote:
> >That's why they're getting the most profits each year?

er no microsoft
> and soney get far more profits than nintendo and untill recnet years seag have
> too

Actually, I can remember the order from end2000 beginning 2001, most profitable games companies in order:

Nintendo
Electronic Arts
Sony

>That's why Super Mario
>Kart is considered one of the best
> games ever, and why >Sonic The Hedgehog, which
>although looks different
> to Super Mario World, is very >similar in principle, was
>released on the
> Mega Drive soon after?

WRONG!, sonic is far better and far more original than
> mario every was, mario was little diferent from 8 bit platformers sonic was fast
> and original and its the poriginality of mega drive games than made it kick the
> "rear end" of the snez, many bought the mega drive just for sonic
> games, u cant say than about a certain fat plumer

Actually, my brother bought the SNES for "a certain fat plumber" who stars in Super Mario Allstars. I'm not denying the Sonic games are original styles of platform games, but they certainly wouldn't be aorund if it wasn't for Mario!

>Have you ever used
> one (n64 controler)? They're brilliant >for
> FPS games!

as a matter
> of fact i have on many games including fps games (golden eye and perfect dark)
> and its in these games they r most unusable, bring on the ps2 or dreamcast
> controler anyday, ive used em both and they r much better

>It's like a
> dream
> to use though! Try it and you'll see!

um yes as i sed i have
> tried it, tell me hav u ever tried a dreamcast controler, u should then u will
> see what i mean by n64 controler = unusable

Let me see, I've tried a ZX Spectrum controller (3 different joysticks), the Game Boy/Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance/Game Gear (each with inbuild controllers), SNES, Mega Drive, NES, Nintendo 64, Sega Saturn, SNES (competition Pro), N64 (Competition Pro), Mega Drive (Competition Pro), Playstation, Dual Shock 2 (for PS2), X-box, GameCube and, oh look! Dreamcast!

The Dreamcast controller is ok, but I wouldn't say any better than the N64's, but the GameCube controller just immediately fits into the hand, no need to "get used to it" at all.

> have an open mind and have
> NO KNOWLEDGE OF GAMING!

i do, thats why i have given dreamcast, playstation
> and nintendo their chances in the past

oh and by the way im not that narror
> minded biast one here because ive tried all the consoles and given them a
> chance rather than going on hype, you thou just love nintendo coz u think they
> think of u first,

I thought they think of Japanese gamers and their own profits first, thanks for putting me straight!

guess what they dont uk gamers will b the last to get the
> cube,

As they were the PS2,and all previous consoles including the Dreamcast.

but uk gamers will get box first, over a year befor the japanees
> do,

It's already out in USA, so we're not getting it first.

i think i have proved my point feel free to dump nintendo for sega
> microsoft or sony

So what's so bad about Nintendo? They're original, they make their own games, they make games for all age-groups, and they've even got Square making games on their systems now! I never saw Sega do that! And as for Sony, the only games I've ever liked that are only on the PSX/2 (and PC) are the Grand Theft Auto games. All the others I've tried have just bored me. Sega, well I've got the Dreamcast and I want a Mega Drive, they're brilliant consoles, but after playing one, I know they don't top the GameCube. And the X-box, well when I can work out how to hold the controller comfortably, I'll start playing one. So far my futile attempts to play Amped have made my hands ache....
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:11
Anybody who uses the most pathetic excuse for an insult 'kiddy' is a fool, the people who call Nintendo 'kiddy' are childish little 10 year olds who think that liking games just because they have blood is mature. You obviously dont care wether your having fun or not, because thats what games are about: FUN. The GameCube has a far superior line-up for 2002 than X-BOX. You think your a gamer? your nothing but a kid who doesnt know any better, you disgust me.
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:19
Regular
"not dead"
dark child wrotten:

but uk gamers will get box first, over a year befor the japanees
> do,

Heh! Xbox is already out in Japan, and Australia.
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Firstly i already wrote sumthin similar to this before about how the cube isnt gonna be the best console like you are all saying. If I remember, didn't everyone say that the 64 was gonna be amazing.... The playstation although it had dodgy graphics had tonnes more games and there were more better games out there that the 64.

I also just noticed something else from Edgy;

>Actually, I can remember the order from end2000 beginning 2001, most profitable games companies in order:

Nintendo
Electronic Arts
Sony

The reason that Nintendo got more profits was because of the Game boy, the 64 did not outsell the playstation, ninendo have basically the whole of the hand held market and that is y they get tonnes of money from it.

Basically when I finish my exams in the summer, im gonna get a PS2 because it will only be about £10 more expensive than the cube, it already has loads more games and the cube will not be able to take over the PS2, there will be more people with PS2 that cubes and i will be surprised if it ever changes...
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:55
ph1l I think most sane Nintendo owners realise that the Gamecube won't be number 1 commercially, but that doesnt mean we will abandon it as we know it has great games. And the person who stated Nintendo was the biggest earner didnt deny that the GBA made them that profit..BUT what it does mean is that even if the Gamecube only sold 1 million units worldwide, they have more than enough money to keep it supported and in production for at least 5 years.
Mon 11/03/02 at 15:12
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Everything is going wrong for me today, damm PC stalls and restarts for no reason just as i push POST, so i got to write the whole message again....

Anyway, I never said that the cube would be crap, i just believe that PS2 will be around for a long time and will ultimatly have the most games and a better list. (Before anybody says that nintendo have a great list of games for 2002 can we please play them first before rating them. I was one of the mugs who believed that south park would be great....) If I had the choice I would have all three consoles but as I want to buy my console in June, PS2 will be cheap (£300 for XBOX!!! Im not waiting for it to take 2 years to go down in price) and so will gamecube, but so far PS2 has got absolutely loads of games and gamecube will not have as many. Basically in my opinion PS2 will absolutely thrash cube in sales and games because of the larger market and the stage of development that has already been reached.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.