GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"come on guys STOP sticking up for nintendo!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 22:38
Regular
I really hate the fact people are staying loyal to nintendo, they left europe behind years ago!
the games are STILL childish and for little kids!
they STILL have bloody italian plumbers!!
they STILL are intent on their own format not a widely used one! ( N64 cart, big mistake, GAMECUBE not dvd, big mistake)
price is good, but then, if the games are pants!! who cares!
I hate nintendo, do what sega did! STOP MAKING CONSOLES!!!

the xbox is incredible, I have one , Ive tried all of them, PS2, XBOX, GAMECUBE,
theres simply no comparison
PERIOD!
who ever thinks otherwise is either a 14 year old puffy jacket, or cant afford one!
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:07
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
totally gree with you there david , but on the graphics thing , the ps2 graphics arent any better than gamecubes , in fact they are worse , and the xbox's are only just a tiny bit better, Halo certainly dosent look much different to perfect dark ! and thats not an online video , this is an instore display ! just look at biohazard , those graphics are better than anything ive seen on the xbox or ps2 so far.
Thu 07/03/02 at 16:10
Regular
"Great Gameplay =Fun"
Really, there are TONS of great games for Nintendo's Gamecube, and games consoles are really not there to add fancy extras on, most games on the PS2 and XBox will be sequels of theirs and practically copies of Nintendo and Sega's games put together with crapper gameplay but good graphics, I rest my case

Si20

P.S You sound pretty peed off, when is your next period,when you are telling guys to stop sticking up for Sony?
Thu 07/03/02 at 20:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Wheres Mr.Boogie? I would love to have his thoughts on all these contradictionc to his point.

And he obviously does not care about games much - According to him, XBox is the best compared to PS2 and GC. Now, I rarely stick up for PS2, but in this case, I can disagree. Even the PS2 has superior games. It seems djboogie has just written his opinion with no real supporting evidence.

Ps. According to NGC, a US mag has confirmed GTA3 will be on GC! Any thoughts or real confirmations?
Fri 08/03/02 at 17:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Nah, I don't believe that GTA3 WILL be appearing on the GameCube ever! Sure, it's appeared on the GBA, but that's in the older 2D top-down style, like the original on the PS!

And if it was to appear then it would've happened by now, as it'll soon be arriving on both the X-box and PC. It's very unlikely for one game to be released on a new format during the same generation!

But it would be brilliant to have on the Cube, as it's mean I wouldn't have to buy an X-box or a new PC just to play it. It's also a top game that'd add another plus to the GC's adult-themed games!
Sat 09/03/02 at 11:17
Regular
going back to the main title of this topic, "stop sticking up for Nintendo", why would we want to stick up for them in the first place? They're a multi-million/billion strong company! They produce brilliant consoles, brilliatn games, and the fact that Sony have never topped them in the charts proves this (See Game Boy).
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:07
Regular
er hello, all you nitnendo likers out there ARE YOU MAD
nintendo are the worst of the 4 games companies (sega sony microsoft nintendo)
take the snez,
games were NOT ORIGINAL (yet some ppl seam to think nintendoes games are original, and the mega drive ones were

now we move on to the n64,
the controler was unuseable and the gamcube controler looks even worse and
in all the years it was out it didnt realese 1 good game, not one (and some ppl are saying they had great games)

now lets move onto the cube, its getting mainly sequals to the 64 (zelda, perfect dark ect) and they were all crap so y should the cube versions be any better

dreamcast, ps2 and xbox all had decent games from day one and useable controlers, cube doesnt have any of that

oh and another bad thing bout cube all the ports of games its getting from oter consoles are now qworse than they were when they came out,
take phantasy start online dreamcast verion for example, great game
they move it to cube, same game exept on the cube you cant go online (mmm yes so much for being called phantasy star online)
not only have nintendo released there own crap games they hav managed to fu(k up other peoples games too

need i say more
Sun 10/03/02 at 14:53
Regular
dark child wrote:
> er hello, all you nitnendo likers out there ARE YOU MAD
nintendo are the worst
> of the 4 games companies (sega sony microsoft nintendo)

That's why they're getting the most profits each year?

take the snez,
games
> were NOT ORIGINAL (yet some ppl seam to think nintendoes games are original, and
> the mega drive ones were

That's why Super Mario Kart is considered one of the best games ever, and why Sonic The Hedgehog, which although looks different to Super Mario World, is very similar in principle, was released on the Mega Drive soon after?

now we move on to the n64,
the controler was
> unuseable

Have you ever used one? They're brilliant for FPS games!

and the gamcube controler looks even worse

It's like a dream to use though! Try it and you'll see!

and
in all the years it
> was out it didnt realese 1 good game, not one (and some ppl are saying they had
> great games)

The GameCube hasn't been released here yet, and the N64 had brilliant games, I'm not going to list them because you obviously don't have an open mind and have NO KNOWLEDGE OF GAMING!

now lets move onto the cube, its getting mainly sequals to the
> 64 (zelda, perfect dark ect) and they were all crap so y should the cube
> versions be any better

Ocarina of Time won Baftas, Perfect Dark did too, so why are they crap may I ask? Have you ever played them, or are you just going by your biased little mind, never bothering to play the games and consoles before you judge them? Never mind, you've obviously not heard what games are coming out on the GameCube....

dreamcast, ps2 and xbox all had decent games from day
> one and useable controlers, cube doesnt have any of that

The GameCube has the best controller in my opinion (after using them all!) The X-box being the worst! Again, you've probably only played on one of these consoles stated above and haven't got a clue.

oh and another bad
> thing bout cube all the ports of games its getting from oter consoles are now
> qworse than they were when they came out,
take phantasy start online dreamcast
> verion for example, great game
they move it to cube, same game exept on the
> cube you cant go online (mmm yes so much for being called phantasy star
> online)
not only have nintendo released there own crap games they hav managed
> to fu(k up other peoples games too

Actually, it was Sega's decision to release it on the Nintendo console, and Sega may well be implementing a server for online play! No official news about that released yet though.

need i say more

Yes please do, you've already spouted all this from your backside, feel free to do more so we can all point and laugh!
Sun 10/03/02 at 14:58
Edgy wrote:

Yes please do, you've already spouted all this
> from your backside, feel free to do more so we can all point and laugh!

ROFLMAO.
He got ya there.
Nintendo are the best and you non-nintys are just sore that you're consoles are'nt as great.
Sun 10/03/02 at 15:00
Regular
True, well in my opinion Nintendo are the best anyway.

Even if they're not the best, they still produce brilliant games, brilliant consoles, and have entertained me for the last 12 years!
Sun 10/03/02 at 16:36
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
lol! Nice stuff there Edgy!!!

Well done tearing him down... it was very funny especially the final comment!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.