GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"come on guys STOP sticking up for nintendo!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 22:38
Regular
I really hate the fact people are staying loyal to nintendo, they left europe behind years ago!
the games are STILL childish and for little kids!
they STILL have bloody italian plumbers!!
they STILL are intent on their own format not a widely used one! ( N64 cart, big mistake, GAMECUBE not dvd, big mistake)
price is good, but then, if the games are pants!! who cares!
I hate nintendo, do what sega did! STOP MAKING CONSOLES!!!

the xbox is incredible, I have one , Ive tried all of them, PS2, XBOX, GAMECUBE,
theres simply no comparison
PERIOD!
who ever thinks otherwise is either a 14 year old puffy jacket, or cant afford one!
Tue 05/03/02 at 23:08
Regular
Yup, reminds me of my youth.

*looks at ceiling, expects memories to return, fails*

Darn.
Tue 05/03/02 at 23:22
Regular
DJBoogie wrote:
> I really hate the fact people are staying loyal to nintendo, they left europe
> behind years ago!

Are you sure about that? Apparently, we're getting bigger games than the US and Japanese versions (not sure whether that's true or not). And the fact that we got the Game Boy Advance just 10 days after the US of A did, I'm sure Nintendo really have forgotten about us and left us behind.

the games are STILL childish and for little kids!
they
> STILL have bloody italian plumbers!!

New sentances start with capital letters, and usually there is only one space between words. And yes, the plumbers are still around. But they wouldn't be if they weren't successful games!

they STILL are intent on their own format
> not a widely used one! ( N64 cart, big mistake, GAMECUBE not dvd, big
> mistake)

That's just like saying a Discman isn't very good because you can't play cassettes on it! The GameCube is the only Games Console left in the market. The other two are considered as Multipurpose Entertainment Devices.

price is good, but then, if the games are pants!! who cares!
I hate
> nintendo, do what sega did! STOP MAKING CONSOLES!!!

Again, sentances start with capital letters. The games are "pants" are they? Considering a lot of them are direct ports from the Playstation 2 and X-box, I think you're mistaken. I've heard nothing but good comments about games like Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball, and many others, and even Thumb Bandits gave them decent reviews! (which makes a change)

the xbox is incredible, I
> have one , Ive tried all of them, PS2, XBOX, GAMECUBE,
theres simply no
> comparison
PERIOD!

We're not American, and again, look at your punctuation and grammar! It's Terrible! I could also use the excuse that I've played both the PS2 and the X-box. Both I found the controllers terrible, and the only game I've had the pleasure of playing was Amped, which wasn't the most exciting game they could have stuck in the console for us to preview was it.

who ever thinks otherwise is either a 14 year old puffy
> jacket, or cant afford one!

I am 16, and it's true I can't afford an X-box. I payed £1400 on a new PC just before Christmas, and I am currently unemployed and in 6th form working to get a decent future, so I don't have an income and cannot afford to pay another £300 on a console alone!
Wed 06/03/02 at 09:26
Regular
"Back in black"
DJBoogie wrote:
xbox is incredible!

LOL. That, THAT!! It's a big sack of bricks, it crashes and is endorsed by Bill Gates. Everyone will love it because it is by Microsoft- but they won't be able to produce the games! It crashes godammit and you have to pay twice the price of a Gamecube for it- and for what, a console big black and ugly that has a DVD player!?
Wed 06/03/02 at 09:45
Should the XBox have been called "The Online Halo Arcade Machine with DVD Function" coz that is all its good for ;)
Wed 06/03/02 at 09:59
Regular
I think so, but even the marketing monkeys at Microsoft would have trouble selling that

Dont forget 'dvd that requires an EXTRA £30 just to use'
Wed 06/03/02 at 10:44
Regular
DJBoogie wrote:

Ive tried all of them, PS2, XBOX, GAMECUBE,
theres simply no
> comparison
PERIOD!
whoever thinks otherwise is either a 14 year old puffy
> jacket, or cant afford one!

There's no comparison but you still say that the Xbox is better?

Ah! I see, you're that 14 year old puffy jacket who can't afford 'one'...

;-D
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm still getting a GameCube first, as long as I can get the money! And I will also hopefully go and play an X-box somewhere this weeekend!
And I also know someone who's getting one next friday with Halo, pre-ordered.
I may get one in the future, but not with it's current price tag!

As for the PS2, I don't reall see it as that different to the PSX/PSOne except for size and graphics.
The awkward controls are still there, and you can get the great games like GTA3 and Pro Evo Soccer on other formats.
Wed 06/03/02 at 15:38
You cant get them on other formats yet my crazy friend.
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
GTA3's coming out on X-box and PC soon.
And Pro Evo is apparently coming to GameCube in November, after ISS 2, the launch title.

This is good news!!
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:16
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I'll tell you why I stick up for Nintendo! Sheer originality! You see Halo being haled as one of the best games of all time. The problem is that it takes all the best parts of other games and rolls it into on. That's all very well but when you've played on all those other games it's just not special. Everyone who goes with Nintendo are dedicated game players who have been playing games since the days of the SNES and NES. We've seen this all before. Nintendo have a policy for creating the most fun and original games around, which they do, and Nintendo is the only way that I'll be able to play on games that are new to me. Sure the graphics may not be brilliant all the time, only fickle gamers judge a game on that, but the gamelay will be tops. So all you people with you'r X-Box's and PS2's can go ahead and play on old stuff but with better graphics, well I suppose it's new to you, but I'm happey here. Nintendo is alot like Modern Art. It's new and different but many people are too afraid and too dim to apreciat it. From the wise words of Fry from Futurama, wise ha!, "People don't want to see anything new, they just want to see the same tihng again and again." Thissums up many of the X-Box's games, almost all, and alot of PS2 games. Nintendo has been making games for more than two decades now, and they know whats new and whats been done before, so they can make games original. From the words of the master himself, Shigsy, many game developers found their ideas on what they have seen work before. What Nintendo want's to do is free their developers imagination so they can create brilliant games, which is something very special.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.