GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"come on guys STOP sticking up for nintendo!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 22:38
Regular
I really hate the fact people are staying loyal to nintendo, they left europe behind years ago!
the games are STILL childish and for little kids!
they STILL have bloody italian plumbers!!
they STILL are intent on their own format not a widely used one! ( N64 cart, big mistake, GAMECUBE not dvd, big mistake)
price is good, but then, if the games are pants!! who cares!
I hate nintendo, do what sega did! STOP MAKING CONSOLES!!!

the xbox is incredible, I have one , Ive tried all of them, PS2, XBOX, GAMECUBE,
theres simply no comparison
PERIOD!
who ever thinks otherwise is either a 14 year old puffy jacket, or cant afford one!
Mon 04/03/02 at 22:38
I really hate the fact people are staying loyal to nintendo, they left europe behind years ago!
the games are STILL childish and for little kids!
they STILL have bloody italian plumbers!!
they STILL are intent on their own format not a widely used one! ( N64 cart, big mistake, GAMECUBE not dvd, big mistake)
price is good, but then, if the games are pants!! who cares!
I hate nintendo, do what sega did! STOP MAKING CONSOLES!!!

the xbox is incredible, I have one , Ive tried all of them, PS2, XBOX, GAMECUBE,
theres simply no comparison
PERIOD!
who ever thinks otherwise is either a 14 year old puffy jacket, or cant afford one!
Mon 04/03/02 at 22:48
Regular
DJBoogie wrote:
> I really hate the fact people are staying loyal to nintendo, they left europe
> behind years ago!

Did they? Ever noticed the price conversion for the consoles in American Dollars?

X-box is $299 in the US, but we have to pay £299 ($420). Gamecube is $199 but we only pay £150 ($210)

Ninty are the first company to do this with a launch price. THe case is usually that we get a straight conversion from Dollers to pounds, with the only thing changin is the sign...

GAMECUBE not dvd, big
> mistake)
PERIOD!

If I wanna play DVDs I will use my DVD player. I use for my console for games. Its not as if the optical discs Nintendo are using will be more expensive. The Gamecube Launch games are actually cheaper than X-box games.
Tue 05/03/02 at 07:05
Regular
Who is this loser? A properly constructed argument heavily criticising Nintendo I can live with but not when it is done so flippantly
Tue 05/03/02 at 07:27
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
Shut up! the gamecube is gonna kick ass!
Tue 05/03/02 at 08:58
ok lets pick apart your weak argument...

>the games are STILL childish and for little kids!

You having seen their gamecube line up then? I dont see what is childish about Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, Animal Leader and for that matter Pikmin.

>they STILL have bloody italian plumbers!!

Why change a winning formula...Mario platform games are among the most fun games to play.

>they STILL are intent on their own format not a widely >used one! ( N64 cart, big mistake, GAMECUBE not dvd, big >mistake)

Admittedly they should have moved to a cd format for the N64, but as for the gamecube format being a mistake... a) Its a cut down DVD. Nice and small compact size. Nintendo WON'T be hit by piracy, unlike Sony and Microsoft. The game industry is apparently losing like $1 billion per year due to piracy...how much is Nintendo losing? none.

>price is good, but then, if the games are pants!! who ?>cares!

What gamecube games have you played?

>I hate nintendo, do what sega did! STOP MAKING CONSOLES!!!

Aha! The truth comes out. Its all about hatred. You sad git. Its a GAMES CONSOLE. Calm down and grow up poindextor.

>the xbox is incredible, I have one , Ive tried all of >them, PS2, XBOX, GAMECUBE,

Glad you're happy with your choice. Now let us get on with ours. I personally can't stand the XBox and I own a ps2 and a cube. I couldn't give a damn if you like the XBox.

>who ever thinks otherwise is either a 14 year old puffy >jacket, or cant afford one!

I work in london and wear a suit. I have spent over £700 on my Imported Gamecube since December 1st so I obviously can afford an Xbox. At the end of the day I chose games that I enjoy over games that I think look crap. The only XBox games that appeal to me now or in the near future are Halo, Jet Set Radio Future and Project EGO. Ive gone through the rest of the planned releases and ... guess what? Couldn't find any!

So go away you irritating git.
Tue 05/03/02 at 12:53
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
"So go away you irritating git"

Good, i didn't have to say it...
Tue 05/03/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
DJBoogie wrote:
who ever thinks otherwise is either a 14 year old puffy
> jacket, or cant afford one!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

What a GIMP!

:)
Tue 05/03/02 at 17:23
"penguins in hawaii?"
People *cough* djboogie *cough* obviously have only one opinion and can't see why other people should make their own.. People like them have their own little perfect world that is spoiled by people like us who form our own opinions and hate people like them. Can you say, LOSER!
Tue 05/03/02 at 18:01
Regular
What can I say. Suprisingly, that crappy post was bought to you by a JAT. :)
Tue 05/03/02 at 21:46
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Finally an interesting, conversation provoking topic in the room!

sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.