GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"come on guys STOP sticking up for nintendo!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 22:38
Regular
I really hate the fact people are staying loyal to nintendo, they left europe behind years ago!
the games are STILL childish and for little kids!
they STILL have bloody italian plumbers!!
they STILL are intent on their own format not a widely used one! ( N64 cart, big mistake, GAMECUBE not dvd, big mistake)
price is good, but then, if the games are pants!! who cares!
I hate nintendo, do what sega did! STOP MAKING CONSOLES!!!

the xbox is incredible, I have one , Ive tried all of them, PS2, XBOX, GAMECUBE,
theres simply no comparison
PERIOD!
who ever thinks otherwise is either a 14 year old puffy jacket, or cant afford one!
Tue 12/03/02 at 19:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Whats a 'true gamer'?

Someone who plays the best games, no matter what? Well then a Nintendo console has always been a good bet (not at the expense of other consoles however, before I get attacked for being biased, unreasonalbe, and attacked by high and mighty)
Tue 12/03/02 at 19:36
Regular
Phi11ip wrote:
> Just leave this thread alone now, we will never be able to say which is the best
> console,

That's what this board is for, people to discuss their opinions.

> i'm sure that there are many people out there who really couldn't give a ****
> about what you think,

They don't have to reply or even read this topic if they don't want to.

they enjoy their console and they dont need to argue about
> how good it is and call everything else crap.
Thankyou!

I've not done that myself. I have defended against poor arguments, if that's what you'd like to call them, as they have nothing to back them up. If I said "I think the PS2 is rubbish." you'd probably say that's a stupid thing to say, no reason for your opinion given at all! However if I added "because" and a decent explanation, you'd have the opportunity to use these forums for what they're potentially here for: Talking about each others opinions about games and consoles.

If you really want to see some pathetic excuses for arguments, please feel free to go to the Pokémon forum where there are loads of pityful excuses for topics dismissing Pokémon.
Tue 12/03/02 at 17:35
No way! Gamecube may not be super powerful, or smooth looking but it has great games!! Leave Ninty alone. I can say nasty things about Ps2 or X-box but that would not make me a true gamer. And PERIOD yourself!
Tue 12/03/02 at 15:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Just leave this thread alone now, we will never be able to say which is the best console, some people believed that the N64 was the best thing since sliced bread, some thought the dreamcast and PS were better. We are never gonna get people to agree on which is the best console.
All the companies really care about is making money and putting a smile on somones face (unless the game is South Park where all it does is make you cry because you wasted Ł40 on it) and as long as you enjoy your console, then there is no real problem about other consoles because it doesn't affect you in any way. So, if you think PS2 is best... GREAT! If you think Nintendo and XBox are best.... Even better! Because i'm sure that there are many people out there who really couldn't give a **** about what you think, they enjoy their console and they dont need to argue about how good it is and call everything else crap.
Thankyou!
Tue 12/03/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
I've just read through this thread. Frankly, I'm disappointed with approximately 50% of the replies.

I don't take a stance on which console is superior - I prefer to enjoy every console for what it is capable of. I hope that, eventually, the rest of mankind will evolve to this state of mind.

What galls me is the fact that people immediately mocking DJBoogie's original opinions stick up for another console straight away, claiming that theirs is the best. Forgive me for noticing a certain degree of hypocrisy here. Try to realise that the moment you start a sentence with 'The X-Box sux, PS2 rox' or something similar you become just as narrow-minded as Mr Boogie, and many people will ignore you because of it.

I did.
Tue 12/03/02 at 14:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Shush.

(That was to the original message)
Tue 12/03/02 at 14:13
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I've just read this thread again and realised what crap it is, nobody knows what is going to be best, people are just fighting for one side with crap arguements. Basically, as we saw with the 64, we have got to wait until it has been out long enough before we can judge it. People said that the 64 would be amazing and although there were some very good games and the graphics were better than the PS, the PS easily won on sales and games.
Theres no point in arguing now, we will have to wait until the consoles have been out long enough before we can say anything.
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Sorry, I know this post has already been demolished, but what can I say, I want a piece of the action! :D

dark child wrote:

er no microsoft
> and soney get far more profits than nintendo and untill recnet years seag have
> too

Like the Notable tie in there (er-no) and the fact that he can't spell for toffee. (Who are Seag again???)

WRONG!, sonic is far better and far more original than
> mario every was, mario was little diferent from 8 bit platformers sonic was fast
> and original and its the poriginality of mega drive games than made it kick the
> "rear end" of the snez, many bought the mega drive just for sonic
> games, u cant say than about a certain fat plumer

poriginality? Another new concept! I must be behind on my English lessons or something! Anyway, the N64 was bought by thousands just to play Mario 64... and although Sonic games were undoubtedly great, the 'Sonic Vs. Mario' war has little significance, since both titles are decidedly different styles of platformer.

as a matter
> of fact i have on many games including fps games (golden eye and perfect dark)
> and its in these games they r most unusable, bring on the ps2 or dreamcast
> controler anyday, ive used em both and they r much better
um yes as i sed i have
> tried it, tell me hav u ever tried a dreamcast controler, u should then u will
> see what i mean by n64 controler = unusable

hmm... got any strange hand abnormalities do you? Strange that almost everyone agrees that the N64 controllers are good, even the vast majority of those who prefer PS2 controls still find the N64 ones usable, yet you somehow don't. Sure you had the pad the right way up? Many a trained monkey has had that problem before...

i do, thats why i have given dreamcast, playstation
> and nintendo their chances in the past

wow... applause to this kid! He's owned some consoles... doesn't mean he is well informedor knows anything about gaming... just proves he has owned a number of consoles...

oh and by the way im not that narror
> minded biast one here because ive tried all the consoles and given them a
> chance rather than going on hype, you thou just love nintendo coz u think they
> think of u first,

Nah, I like em coz they make bloomin amazing games, and are one of the few companies with the balls to make original games and take risks.

guess what they dont uk gamers will b the last to get the
> cube,

hmm... anyone else see the irony?

but uk gamers will get box first, over a year befor the japanees
> do,

so it must be better right? Whatever is out first is always the best... *bows down before this incredible logic*
So all this time I thought I was getting the best games, when all I had to do was go buy the thing that was out first... right, I'm off to buy me some Pac Man games...

i think i have proved my point feel free to dump nintendo for sega
> microsoft or sony

Go ahead, your loss, just don't demean what Nintendo has done for the gaming industry. If Ninty weren't around gaming would be VERY different and undoubtedly worse.

Ah, I feel much better now... :-)
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:03
Regular
In my opinion, the PS2 is better value than the X-box, but I'm not a fan of either of those two consoles anyway, especially after playing the cris-cross and my brother owning a PS2.
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:29
Speaking of suitcases, ill give the PS2 one year to pack its bags and get out of the shops because its inferior and doesnt have the games to compete with X-BOX and GCN. It has lost all its exclusives, with GTA3, MGS2 & THPS3 all having superior versions on the X-BOX within a few months, and in the eyes of many RalliSport Challenge taking away GT3's title of best racer. Now Square are going MultiPlatform and gettin FF on GCN & GBA by the end of the year, with Nintendo & RARE exclusivity the GCN has my vote, but i wouldnt mind picking up an X-BOX either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.