GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you think nintendo will ever stop treating Europe as third class?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 19:43
Regular
I personally think that they never will.
They try to keep Japan, USA and Europe seperate so they can make money out of all three.
What do you think? leave answers please.
Thu 07/03/02 at 20:35
I think they never will. I am from the US, but I understand what you mean. Nintendo does treat us all differently and I think Europe gets treated the worst out of Japan, the US, and Europe. Just because my countrymight be the richest in the world (not bragging or anything, I think England would be a better place to live to tell you the truth) doesn't mean we should get special treatment. We should all be the same. We should have the same release days and everything. That's my opinion.
Thu 07/03/02 at 20:51
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
Thanks, be-z-boy. I really think what you said made sense.
Oh, posting the same message loads of times does not improve your chances of winning GAD.

c.u.later
Thu 07/03/02 at 21:44
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Dr. Duck wrote:
DD: Yeah, but that isn't what he said,
> is it? He commented on whether games *got* a release, and Sonic responds on the
> delay in *when* they got their release, which DavidJ didn't even mention
> there.

Errrrr... surely the 2 are linked? It's all well and good saying all of Ninty's games come out everywhere, but when it takes AGES for them to get here, I think you'll agree that we aren't getting such a good deal.

By simply saying "Ninty games do come out in Europe" it sounds like Nintendo treats us quite well. In fact, the games get delayed, often multiple times, and often for poor reasons. Now- I think I did respond to his point, don't you?

Sonic mate, in fairness, you always write great topics, but i have
> to say, you sometimes post some complete rubbish in other peoples'.

OK, so name one of the points I made that wasn't rubbish? Any single point that was rubbish. Any at all?

I think you'll find that every point I made was valid. Although one or two of them didn't directly link to what was said (like the above one), surely the whole point of chat is to bring up new points.

It like me making a topic "Sega are great coz of the Mega Drive" and then me insulting someone for saying that the Saturn was a flop because that wasn't what I was talking about! Obviously the Saturn has nothing to do with the MD, but it certainly has something to do with the topic.

Now, go and find one point that is "complete rubbish", as you put it, and not simply one that goes beyone what people are saying. Then I may begin to take you seriously.

Sonic
Thu 07/03/02 at 21:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Cyclone wrote:
> By the way, since SSBM came out, Gamecube has sold out completely - over 1
> million SSBM games sold. XBox came out, and has sold also very badly, even
> though it has Halo.

Well, remember, the Xbox is still selling far better than the GC!

Sonic
Thu 07/03/02 at 21:56
Regular
RM18 wrote:
I'm
> sure there have been instances were we get a game first e.g. Perfect Dark.
> Anyone else think of any?

Hmmmm, It was released in the USA April 21 2000. We got it sometime in April as well, so I suppose that isnt so bad...But it was a one off in the N64s case. Look at other games such as 1080 and Excitebike. I'm sure we got Excitebike a full year after its US release...
Thu 07/03/02 at 21:58
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Or†ega wrote:
> RM18 wrote:
I'm
> sure there have been instances were we get a game first
> e.g. Perfect Dark.
> Anyone else think of any?

Hmmmm, It was released in
> the USA April 21 2000. We got it sometime in April as well, so I suppose that
> isnt so bad...But it was a one off in the N64s case. Look at other games such as
> 1080 and Excitebike. I'm sure we got Excitebike a full year after its US
> release...

And 1080, in PAL form (ie the SAME game we get), was out in Australia a full 6 months earier! Why??

Sonic
Thu 07/03/02 at 22:00
Regular
Hmmmm, I remember reading that the reason for 1080 coming out so late here was somthin to do with the seasonal weather...somthin like a snowboarding game not selling well in Spring/Summer...
Thu 07/03/02 at 23:55
However, I think Nintendo are beginning to treat us in europe a little bit nicer.

We don't have to pay loads for the console this time round (yeah I know this is cos we are no longer using carts), Games are £10 cheaper thank god, lots of games are being produced on the console. We are getting this 60Hz mode like the dreamcast had and Improved games. Good things come to those who wait!

I think that May 3rd is a very reasonable date, and I believe that once the cube is launched in europe, that the Xbox will fail to compete and the race will be between Nintendo and Sony.

I know that Xbox in the local electronics Boutique has conked out already. They've had to switch it off cos it keeps skipping! tut tut, lol.

Now we hear that ALL Xboxs sold in Japan are being recalled cos they are scrathing all CD's placed in the tray!

Anyway, back to the point, Japan obviously get the latest products first cos Nintendo are based there. Plus everyone in japan is obsesed with the latest technology, lol.

US have a very big market for games. I think it is also very important that the cube launches alongside the Xbox in US as well. This might be a reason for choosing the US before us as well (I know that they always come out in US first). If the cube wasn't released in america at the same time, Nintendo would have lost lots of money and lots of punters!

Only 55 days to go...

SINFIELD
Fri 08/03/02 at 05:53
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
>OK, so name one of the points I made that wasn't rubbish?
>Any single point that was rubbish. Any at all?

I can only assume that the first 'wasn't' should have been 'was' (which doesn't help your claim that your posts always make sense!)
Anyway, the whole post was listing points that in my opinion were rubbish. 'Any at all?' You've got to be kidding!

> By simply saying "Ninty games do come out in Europe" it sounds like Nintendo
> treats us quite well. In fact, the games get delayed, often multiple times, and
> often for poor reasons. Now- I think I did respond to his point, don't
> you?

Yeah, that was my bad. Sorry for that one.
Fri 08/03/02 at 11:18
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Nintendo may be starting to realise that the UK is importat as a NIntendo UK office opened within the last year- maybe this means we will have faster access to new stuff in the future- here's hoping!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.