GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you think nintendo will ever stop treating Europe as third class?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 19:43
Regular
I personally think that they never will.
They try to keep Japan, USA and Europe seperate so they can make money out of all three.
What do you think? leave answers please.
Thu 07/03/02 at 08:48
Regular
"not dead"
Donkey Kong country (SNES) was released here first!

Nintendo do seem to be putting more effort into the European market this time around, for the reasons SONICRAV wrote, which is certainly very welcome.
Thu 07/03/02 at 14:48
Regular
Donkey Kong COuntry ruled.

Problem is, despite being in the same county as me, Rare now release their games 1000's of miles over the Atlantic before I can get at them.

A bit unfair don't you think?
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
This reply is in conjunction with my last reply that explains that Ninty have actually done well with the European market this time around...

DavidJ wrote:
> Stop complaining. nintendo don't treat use as third class.

1. It's almost
> impossible to supply the demand of all Japan, USA and Europe, you just cannot
> make GC's quick enough.

That's nonsense. Gamecube sales in Japan are apaulingly low, with the Panasojnic Q cube being a far bigger seller. There is no shortage of demand of the normal GC (ie, the one we're getting).

2. They get more money out of USA and Japan, can't
> blame them for that.

Rubbish! The European game profit overtook America and Japan 2 years ago! You are right to say that Ninty make more money from the other continents though- only because they've treated Europe so poorly in the past!

3. Luigi's Mansion has been upgraded so that it is
> longer.

See next point...

4. We get more games on release that Japan and USA.

NO WE DON'T! There are dozen and dozens of Japanese games released every month that don't come out over here! Although most of them are just Manga and Mecha Fighting games that don't appeal to the West, there are some excellent games we don't get.

5. All major
> Nintendo titles tend to get a world wide release.

Ummmmm... you are joking... right? We have to wait about 6 months for most of the games. And some of the reasons for this were terrible- Starfox had to be renamed "Lylat Wars" and all the boxes had to be reprinted... cheers THE games!That said, they did reach us in optimised, no black border form.

6. Prices arn't incredibly
> infalated compared to other consoles.

?!?!?!? What?!?!? Are you insane?? Australian PAL games (exactly the same ones we play!) cost less, and they got them EARLIER and with special editions (GOLD Zelda). All this despite the games being exactly the same!

However, like I said in my last post, Ninty have fixed most of these problems. What I don't understand is how a Ninty fan can actually say all the things I've just replied to! Head in the sand?

Sonic
Thu 07/03/02 at 18:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Even if we get games from every other developer last, I still think we should get games from people like Rare here first, as they are part of us, and don't really wanna wait months to play their own full-game!!

But this'll probably never happen in ALL cases, but hopefully will with big-name titles like Conker, Donkey Kong, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye.
It's all thanks to Nintendo being Japan-based that we don't always get these games first.
Thu 07/03/02 at 19:09
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
Gamecube sales
> in Japan are apaulingly low .... There is no shortage of demand of the normal GC

DavidJ: "2. They get more money out of USA and Japan, can't
> blame them for that."

Sonic: "Rubbish! .... You are right to say that Ninty make more money from the other
> continents"

DavidJ:"5. All major
> Nintendo titles tend to get a world
> wide release."

Ummmmm... you are joking... right? We have to wait about 6
> months for most of the games.

DD: Yeah, but that isn't what he said, is it? He commented on whether games *got* a release, and Sonic responds on the delay in *when* they got their release, which DavidJ didn't even mention there.

Sonic mate, in fairness, you always write great topics, but i have to say, you sometimes post some complete rubbish in other peoples'.
Thu 07/03/02 at 20:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
By the way, since SSBM came out, Gamecube has sold out completely - over 1 million SSBM games sold. XBox came out, and has sold also very badly, even though it has Halo.

And if Nintendo are treating me badly with Zelda, PD, Goldenye, Mario Tennis at al, then what are they like when they treat me well? Ahhhh.......
Thu 07/03/02 at 20:32
I think they never will. I am from the US, but I understand what you mean. Nintendo does treat us all differently and I think Europe gets treated the worst out of Japan, the US, and Europe. Just because my countrymight be the richest in the world (not bragging or anything, I think England would be a better place to live to tell you the truth) doesn't mean we should get special treatment. We should all be the same. We should have the same release days and everything. That's my opinion.
Thu 07/03/02 at 20:32
I think they never will. I am from the US, but I understand what you mean. Nintendo does treat us all differently and I think Europe gets treated the worst out of Japan, the US, and Europe. Just because my countrymight be the richest in the world (not bragging or anything, I think England would be a better place to live to tell you the truth) doesn't mean we should get special treatment. We should all be the same. We should have the same release days and everything. That's my opinion.
Thu 07/03/02 at 20:33
Thu 07/03/02 at 20:35

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.