GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you think nintendo will ever stop treating Europe as third class?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 19:43
Regular
I personally think that they never will.
They try to keep Japan, USA and Europe seperate so they can make money out of all three.
What do you think? leave answers please.
Mon 04/03/02 at 19:43
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
I personally think that they never will.
They try to keep Japan, USA and Europe seperate so they can make money out of all three.
What do you think? leave answers please.
Mon 04/03/02 at 20:35
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Stop complaining. nintendo don't treat use as third class.

1. It's almost impossible to supply the demand of all Japan, USA and Europe, you just cannot make GC's quick enough.

2. They get more money out of USA and Japan, can't blame them for that.

3. Luigi's Mansion has been upgraded so that it is longer.

4. We get more games on release that Japan and USA.

5. All major Nintendo titles tend to get a world wide release.

6. Prices arn't incredibly infalated compared to other consoles.

My motto it just be patient, which hasn't really helped on the Gamecube front' but hey what am I gonna do?
Mon 04/03/02 at 20:44
"penguins in hawaii?"
Also, since the u.k is pal(obviously) and japan and america are NTSC(wow- tell us something we don't know) it is easier and quicker for nintendo to produce consoles for both regions, and then concentrate on making the PAL version later.
Tue 05/03/02 at 07:06
Regular
I think they do, I might post something on this myself in the future
Tue 05/03/02 at 18:39
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
DavidJ wrote:

3. Luigi's Mansion has been upgraded so that it is
longer.

Didn't know about this .
Tue 05/03/02 at 19:45
Regular
it's in the sr news bit, if you want to take a look. Not sure how... worthwhile it'll be, but at least it's a nice guesture : S
Tue 05/03/02 at 21:35
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
In the past, I have been the first to mock Nintendo's terrible policy towards Europe- late releases, high prices and an attitude that we're here as a "bonus level" in the world market that can be used for fun.

However, Ninty actually seem to be caring this time. Although the games are taking a bit of a while to get here, they do so in full 60Hz optimised mode and full screen. The console is priced low- at RRP £150 (although expect £170).

If there is one problem I do have, it's that the release missed Christmas- the big selling time. But hey- if we get a good launch and optimiosed games, it's not that bad.

Sonic
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:20
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
wouldn't it be cool if rare made a console !! that way , we might have a chance of having a console released here first !! that would be so cool !!!!!
Thu 07/03/02 at 00:38
Regular
Indian-DudeY2K wrote:
> wouldn't it be cool if rare made a console !! that way , we might have a chance
> of having a console released here first !! that would be so cool !!!!!

Doubt it...

Look at Rare games such as Perfect Dark, Banjo Tooie and Conkers BFD. All released well after the US launches...I think we waited nearly half a year for Banjo Tooie...

We will always be last for everything :(
Thu 07/03/02 at 06:42
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Indian-DudeY2K wrote:
> wouldn't it be cool if rare made a console !! that
> way , we might have a chance
> of having a console released here first !!
> that would be so cool !!!!!

Doubt it...

Look at Rare games such as Perfect
> Dark, Banjo Tooie and Conkers BFD. All released well after the US launches...I
> think we waited nearly half a year for Banjo Tooie...

We will always be last
> for everything :(

I'm sure there have been instances were we get a game first e.g. Perfect Dark. Anyone else think of any?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.