GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube online? Don't hold your breath..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 17:48
Regular
If you're reading this, and you bought a Gamecube, accept my sympathy. What's this? You're enraged by my insult to your precious purple handbag? Well, ok, I can understand that. After all, even if you did go for the cheaper option, you still did shell out quite a lot on a games console you hope will last several years. But it seems prospects are dim for Nintendo owners when it comes to online gaming - In case you haven't heard already, Nintendo have been the first to admit they have the most conservative and cautious approach to online gaming out of the three consoles. My guess is that if Gamecube ever makes the transition to online play, it won't be until at least 200004. Oops, sorry that was a typo. I meant 2004. Hehehe.

This means that when all your Xbox buddies are LIVE next year, you'll be going as green with envy as their snot-coloured console. Dissapointed? Angry? No, most likely you'll be entering the first phase of acceptance: Denial.....

"I don't believe him", "Nintendo will be online soon enough", "This is Xbox propoganda", etc, etc. But I must object to the last comment. This message is no Xbox-biased snipe at plumber-lovers. It is a charitable piece of advice: SELL YOUR GAMECUBE!

And if anyone is still reading after that last shocking sentence, I'll explain what possesed me to splutter such an outrageous squib of flabble:

1.) If you sell now, you will get more money for your Gamecube than later. The longer you wait, the less you will get
2.) When you sell, go by an Xbox bundle. They're better value than PS2, the Xbox is way more powerful, has a fair selection of games now (obviously not as many as playstation, but still enough) and most importantly,
3.) YOU CAN GO ONLINE IN 2003!

I'd say the chances of you taking my advice seriously are slim. But you can't say I haven't tried - If you hang onto your cube, you'll only regret it later when online gaming arrives in the UK.

Go on. Join us......
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Belldandy wrote:
> I was on Mech Assault from
> 2-3 this morning !
> ~~Belldandy~~

The word SAD springs to mind
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:39
Regular
Boss_Pac_Man2 wrote:
> Alcofrolic wrote:
> Turak wrote:
> if your happy with your little (well, extremely large) x-box then
> fine. and if you need to put down other consoles to make you feel
> better, well then you should get a life.
>
> isnt that what you have just done?
> with the "extremely large" part
>
>
> no. It wasn't. pay attension alcofrolic. and shut up about your bloody
> crappy import GC.

um, did i mention my import cube?
no, but you have for me!
cheers!

have fun waiting for freeloader wont you now....
and Pac thing, shut your mouth or it will be shut for you

the end
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:07
"+ suspicious minds"
eh, shoosh you. and stop defending fanboys in here. they have no right to weild any weapons in a battle of wits.
Sat 07/12/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Not really. More and more people are getting a GameCube, and rightly
> so - it's got the best and most original games around. Take that, Mr
> Gates!

Yeah, I'm sure Gates is crying at eh sales figures showing the Xbox is beating GC sales in all but Japan....and if more and more people in this country are getting them then they must be stealing them because the sales figures aren't showing it are they ? Whilst it does have original games, in a country where Cheeky Girls are going to be #1 on Sunday, and where the favourite program type is reality tv shows like Big Brother, I feel Nintendo are well and truly screwed....

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 07/12/02 at 15:26
"+ suspicious minds"
Alcofrolic wrote:
> Turak wrote:
>
> isnt that what you have just done?
> with the "extremely large" part

no. It wasn't. pay attension alcofrolic. and shut up about your bloody crappy import GC.
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:00
Regular
that was "i own" by the way not won
Sat 07/12/02 at 13:59
Regular
Turak wrote:

isnt that what you have just done?
with the "extremely large" part

end of the day no console is better than another.

i won all 3rd gen consoles PS2, GC and Xbox, and im happy with them all, although not as much with the PS2 anymore.

Gc and Xbox both have quality games so stop the boring bitching and carry on about the games and what you want etc, not "the GC is so good, it beats that big ugly looking black brick"

At the moment my Xbox gets more play time than my GC, mainly due to Splinter Cell and Unreal Championship.

I have hardly touched Metroid Prime for over a week now
Sat 07/12/02 at 12:34
Regular
"^_^"
The Gamecube will be online next year!
Sat 07/12/02 at 11:42
if your happy with your little (well, extremely large) x-box then fine. and if you need to put down other consoles to make you feel better, well then you should get a life. personaly i think the gc is a games console, with awsome games, and mulitplayers are always the best on ninty. But on-lline gaming i'm not worried about, i do hope it comes, waiting is all apart of the game. i got a pc and broudband if i need to play on-line. but on-line games are like aoe and other games like that. (ok unreal is good). but if nintendo don't want to go on-line, its there desision and i bet they have good reason to.
Sat 07/12/02 at 11:36
Regular
So I should sell my Gamecube because it's not online for a while...

After all, I only bought it for the promise of online play, I had no interest in games like Smash Brothers, Mario Sunshine, Zelda... no wait...

Yes, the Gamecube is the weakest of all consoles in the online department, but who cares?
Nintendo still remain the greatest games makers in the world and if I want online gaming, I'll probably get an Xbox as well (MS are desperately flogging them for as cheaply as they possibly can!).

And it's spelt Miyamoto you nonse!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.