GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube online? Don't hold your breath..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 17:48
Regular
If you're reading this, and you bought a Gamecube, accept my sympathy. What's this? You're enraged by my insult to your precious purple handbag? Well, ok, I can understand that. After all, even if you did go for the cheaper option, you still did shell out quite a lot on a games console you hope will last several years. But it seems prospects are dim for Nintendo owners when it comes to online gaming - In case you haven't heard already, Nintendo have been the first to admit they have the most conservative and cautious approach to online gaming out of the three consoles. My guess is that if Gamecube ever makes the transition to online play, it won't be until at least 200004. Oops, sorry that was a typo. I meant 2004. Hehehe.

This means that when all your Xbox buddies are LIVE next year, you'll be going as green with envy as their snot-coloured console. Dissapointed? Angry? No, most likely you'll be entering the first phase of acceptance: Denial.....

"I don't believe him", "Nintendo will be online soon enough", "This is Xbox propoganda", etc, etc. But I must object to the last comment. This message is no Xbox-biased snipe at plumber-lovers. It is a charitable piece of advice: SELL YOUR GAMECUBE!

And if anyone is still reading after that last shocking sentence, I'll explain what possesed me to splutter such an outrageous squib of flabble:

1.) If you sell now, you will get more money for your Gamecube than later. The longer you wait, the less you will get
2.) When you sell, go by an Xbox bundle. They're better value than PS2, the Xbox is way more powerful, has a fair selection of games now (obviously not as many as playstation, but still enough) and most importantly,
3.) YOU CAN GO ONLINE IN 2003!

I'd say the chances of you taking my advice seriously are slim. But you can't say I haven't tried - If you hang onto your cube, you'll only regret it later when online gaming arrives in the UK.

Go on. Join us......
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:48
Regular
"ihateyou+ihopeyoudi"
If you're reading this, and you bought a Gamecube, accept my sympathy. What's this? You're enraged by my insult to your precious purple handbag? Well, ok, I can understand that. After all, even if you did go for the cheaper option, you still did shell out quite a lot on a games console you hope will last several years. But it seems prospects are dim for Nintendo owners when it comes to online gaming - In case you haven't heard already, Nintendo have been the first to admit they have the most conservative and cautious approach to online gaming out of the three consoles. My guess is that if Gamecube ever makes the transition to online play, it won't be until at least 200004. Oops, sorry that was a typo. I meant 2004. Hehehe.

This means that when all your Xbox buddies are LIVE next year, you'll be going as green with envy as their snot-coloured console. Dissapointed? Angry? No, most likely you'll be entering the first phase of acceptance: Denial.....

"I don't believe him", "Nintendo will be online soon enough", "This is Xbox propoganda", etc, etc. But I must object to the last comment. This message is no Xbox-biased snipe at plumber-lovers. It is a charitable piece of advice: SELL YOUR GAMECUBE!

And if anyone is still reading after that last shocking sentence, I'll explain what possesed me to splutter such an outrageous squib of flabble:

1.) If you sell now, you will get more money for your Gamecube than later. The longer you wait, the less you will get
2.) When you sell, go by an Xbox bundle. They're better value than PS2, the Xbox is way more powerful, has a fair selection of games now (obviously not as many as playstation, but still enough) and most importantly,
3.) YOU CAN GO ONLINE IN 2003!

I'd say the chances of you taking my advice seriously are slim. But you can't say I haven't tried - If you hang onto your cube, you'll only regret it later when online gaming arrives in the UK.

Go on. Join us......
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:51
Regular
hur hur

purple handbag

funneeeeeeeee
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:52
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Considering online games are crap, and certainly aren't worth wasting £400 a year to play on, I can safely say I couldn't care less whether or nintendo goes online.
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:53
Regular
myamoto wrote:
No, most likely you'll be entering the first
> phase of acceptance: Denial.....

No, i'll be playing Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil Zero and 1080 White Storm amongst others. Instead of paying fees to play bum faced geeks on the other side of the planet.

Some Nintendo rep actually told a foreign newspaper that the Gamecube will be online in Europe late March 2003. I won't hold my breath for it, but then I haven't got Broadband and also don't have much intrest in online gaming.
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:54
Regular
"Touched!"
cipro wrote:
> Considering online games are crap, and certainly aren't worth wasting
> £400 a year to play on, I can safely say I couldn't care less
> whether or nintendo goes online.

I agree with you mate, nintendo have some great single player games such as mario and matroid/zelda, and fun multiplayer games like MP4 and Smash brothers, who needs to go online?
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:56
Regular
I've just realised how crap and biased this silly little JATS post gets laters on.

The Bill Gates crack loving room is down the hall, first on your left. I beleive they have a seminar today on, "how to wedge your whole man meat inside an Xbox, whilst playing Halo and stroking your Bill Gates love doll".
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:57
Regular
Yeah, I'm probably getting an X-box for christmas, but I have no plans to take it online. I'm just not bothered about it really.

Some people will want online gaming obviously, but for me it isn't anything to shout about.
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:58
Give me 3 mates over 3 people you cant see on SSBM any day.

I'm always screaming to my team mate

"I've layed a land mine get out of there!!" or along those lines.

Its hard to do that online with the same fun factor.
Sun 01/12/02 at 18:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Yeah, I'm probably getting an X-box for christmas,

I told you he was crazy.
Wait, maybe he is getting better. Shenmue 3 is Xbox exclusive after all.
Have the nurses finally made a breakthrough, WS?
Sun 01/12/02 at 18:01
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> Yeah, I'm probably getting an X-box for christmas,
> *
> I told you he was crazy.
> Wait, maybe he is getting better. Shenmue 3 is Xbox exclusive after
> all.
> Have the nurses finally made a breakthrough, WS?

No Gerrid, I'm not getting it for Shenmue.

Still, at least I'm not like you, your *getting it* from Shenmue...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.