GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spam..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/04/13 at 07:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seems to be on the rise again for me, anyone else getting this?
Wed 04/09/13 at 16:16
"Are you sure?"
What action was taken?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 04/09/13 at 15:28
Regular
"I like turtles"
'fix' been up for nearly a day and so far no spam :)
Mon 02/09/13 at 18:32
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Pete, sent you details of a possible solution.
Mon 02/09/13 at 14:38
Regular
"I like turtles"
DL wrote:
pete_21 wrote:
[i]Just had this one through (ESET description):

[I]''01/09/2013 19:30:55 POP3 filter email message from: Co-operative Bank p.l.c to: ***********@*******.net with subject Security & Resolution Center dated Fri, 30 Aug 2013 23:16:43 +0700 HTML/Phishing.Agent.B trojan''

Obviously blanked out my email address.[/i]

And you obviously bank with the co-op aswell pete and don't they just get better! Must try to pop in to my local co-op and see if they can sign me up too ...

You're getting a raw deal here pete ... try dumping NOD/ESET and see what happens, you're geting far too many[/i]

Funnily enough I don't bank with the co-op DL, weird that! :)

Suppose I could try switching from ESET (which I generally find very good) but not sure what help that would be? Was the programme not doing its job by detecting this threat and zapping it? I would of thought my ISP should not be allowing virus infected phishing emails through their security for delivery to my account....or am I missing something?

EDIT: Just had another one through (Natwest this time), same format with file hidden in attachment.

Details:

''Warning, ESET Smart Security found the following threats in the message:

SecureMessage.zip - Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.PRL trojan - deleted
SecureMessage.zip > ZIP > SecureMessage.exe - Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.PRL trojan - was a part of the deleted object''

Have to say this really isn't very good :(
Sun 01/09/13 at 21:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
Just had this one through (ESET description):

[I]''01/09/2013 19:30:55 POP3 filter email message from: Co-operative Bank p.l.c to: ***********@*******.net with subject Security & Resolution Center dated Fri, 30 Aug 2013 23:16:43 +0700 HTML/Phishing.Agent.B trojan''

Obviously blanked out my email address.[/i]

And you obviously bank with the co-op aswell pete and don't they just get better! Must try to pop in to my local co-op and see if they can sign me up too ...

You're getting a raw deal here pete ... try dumping NOD/ESET and see what happens, you're geting far too many
Sun 01/09/13 at 21:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
I'm sure most reading this already know but just in case...

When sending 'spam samples' to Freeola you need to send the offending emails as attachments rather than just forwarding. This is so the email headers are intact and the real senders can be identified.

Oh lovey ... that is so sanctimonious
Sun 01/09/13 at 19:37
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just had this one through (ESET description):

''01/09/2013 19:30:55 POP3 filter email message from: Co-operative Bank p.l.c to: ***********@*******.net with subject Security & Resolution Center dated Fri, 30 Aug 2013 23:16:43 +0700 HTML/Phishing.Agent.B trojan''

Obviously blanked out my email address.
Fri 30/08/13 at 15:54
"Are you sure?"
I'm sure most reading this already know but just in case...

When sending 'spam samples' to Freeola you need to send the offending emails as attachments rather than just forwarding. This is so the email headers are intact and the real senders can be identified.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 30/08/13 at 14:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
@ncrs ... thanks for that information :¬)
Fri 30/08/13 at 09:52
Staff
DL wrote:
"Thank you for your submission to the Freeola Email abuse system, we will use this information to contact the ISP's of the companies in question about the spam being sent.

With regards

The Freeola Team"

Thanks for the automated reply Freeola Team and I've received quite a few over the years and so have pete and Hmmm to name but a few, but I've always wanted to know what do you ask "the ISP's of the companies in question about the spam being sent"?

Can any of the 'Team' enlighten us lesser mortals?

We use the Spamcop reporting service. It's not really about asking the ISP to do anything but making sure that they are aware that one or more of their IP addresses are sending spam. If they are a reputable company (and want to make sure they stay off RBL's (Real Time Blocklists) then they will deal with the issue.

Most reputable ISP's nowadays are pretty proactive on their monitoring for Spam anyway, so I'm not sure this is as useful as it used to be. Most Spam seems to be the hit and run kind, (they sign up for accounts and send until they get added to RBL's or the ISP deletes the account or server)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.