GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Avatar Design - Extra GAD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/12 at 17:12
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
OK, it's past time there was a chance to win an extra gaming prize. We've had a discussion in the office and decided to run the following competition.

For no particular reason, I've never really had an avatar image for the forums. The competition, put simply is just to design me an avatar image.

The winner would be decided by staff here at Freeola based on comedy value, artistic quality and overall eccentricity.

The creator of the winning image will then win a GAD prize as normal, offering any game up to the value of £45 or a £30 Amazon voucher.

Rules are as follows:

1) Please keep if family friendly - no obscenities or vulgarism!

2) The image size should be 80px by 80px.

3) This competition will run until the closing date of the 19th September.

4) You can only win if you have a UK address on your profile (this is where the prize would be sent), however still feel free to enter for fun if you are based outside the UK.

If you email any entries to [email protected], we'll put them on the submissions page as soon as we can so your entry can be seen. Don't forget to include your forum name.

Submissions Page
Fri 07/09/12 at 15:22
Regular
I don't think I understand my own entry
Fri 07/09/12 at 15:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
dean5 wrote:
Yep, stay on the rock, dangling off is generally seen as a bad thing. To me it's more about enjoying the climb then anything else.

That's what it's all about and the challenge and the being outside in some beautiful areas that most people don't or can't even visit :¬)
Fri 07/09/12 at 14:49
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
DL wrote:
pete_21 wrote:
[i]... and who finds enjoyment from dangling off the sides of mountains...

We try to do that bit pete, as little as possible :¬)[/i]

Yep, stay on the rock, dangling off is generally seen as a bad thing. To me it's more about enjoying the climb then anything else.

Warhunt wrote:
...twice.

*Evil laugh*

Yea thanks ... well only the first time was because of getting the time mixed up. Besides, your shift has been unofficially offset to everyone else's by about 20 minutes for as long as I can remember..
Fri 07/09/12 at 14:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
dean5 wrote:

I was once 30min late for work (in three years!) on a weekend because I got our opening time mixed up and have never lived it down.

...twice.

*Evil laugh*
Fri 07/09/12 at 14:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
... and who finds enjoyment from dangling off the sides of mountains...

We try to do that bit pete, as little as possible :¬)
Fri 07/09/12 at 13:28
Regular
"I like turtles"
So we need to design an avatar for an IT consultant who has an interest in WW2 (but apparently not the middle bit of it?) and who finds enjoyment from dangling off the sides of mountains...
Fri 07/09/12 at 13:17
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Hmmm... wrote:
Fellow staffies would seem to have an advantage over normal members with this challenge! :¬)

Think it's more the other way round to be honest. Although staff can enter properly outside of work hours, if it's close between staff and non-staff, the bias would go towards the non-staff entry.

Warhunt wrote:
Also, some of Dean5 likes:

World War 2 (particularly the beginning and end)
Leaving things open
"9.30 is the new 9.00"[/i]

I should probably explain these, although it's not nearly as exciting as Warhunt is making out..

I once read a really bad pamphlet / magazine about the Blitzkrieg, where it was all a really dry, badly written take on the events. I explained the main events that were mentioned to Chas and then said that it was mostly just 'padding'. For some reason it's been taken that I meant most of the war was padding, rather then the book, which was really bad.

I think the 'Leaving things open' is about support tickets...

I was once 30min late for work (in three years!) on a weekend because I got our opening time mixed up and have never lived it down.

DL wrote:
Us climbers have to stick together, eh Dean :¬)

:¬)
Fri 07/09/12 at 09:11
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Us climbers have to stick together, eh Dean :¬)
Fri 07/09/12 at 09:08
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
How so?

Working in the same office as Dean5 doesn't make me funnier. Believe me......

Working in the same office as Dean5 doesn't make me more eccentric. Full blown mental maybe....

Working in the same office as Dean5 doesn't make me more artistically capable.

Also, some of Dean5 likes:

World War 2 (particularly the beginning and end)
Leaving things open
"9.30 is the new 9.00"

Also rockclimbing.

Besides even if any of us did 'enter' I don't think we would win/take the prize anyway. If we did it would just be to have fun, get a laugh, make Dean5 cry...
Fri 07/09/12 at 08:39
"Are you sure?"
Fellow staffies would seem to have an advantage over normal members with this challenge! :¬)

[/i]just sayin'[/i]
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.