GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THQ say X-Box sales are increasing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/12/02 at 09:40
Regular
According to IGN.

"Earlier today in a Dow Jones release, THQ's president and CEO Brian Farrell said that he thinks that Microsoft is "gaining traction" with sales of its Xbox console. He also noted that Nintendo's next-generation hardware seems to be in a popularity slump.
"I think we'll hear better Xbox hardware sales, while GameCube is still struggling," Farrell said.

Farrell's comments are the latest in a stream of complaints from publishers dissatisfied with GameCube's current selling rate in the market and adds to growing industry support for Microsoft's year-old console.

Nintendo of America is betting on a strong showing of its big holiday title Metroid Prime, a first-person action-adventure set in a sci-fi backdrop, coupled with its new Platinum GameCube, to drive sales of hardware and software through the fourth quarter. Meanwhile Xbox is banking on the success of Xbox Live and a plump 2003 lineup which includes Halo 2, Fable, and Midtown Madness 3.

More as it becomes available."

And people still think X-Box is dying.
Sat 14/12/02 at 09:40
According to IGN.

"Earlier today in a Dow Jones release, THQ's president and CEO Brian Farrell said that he thinks that Microsoft is "gaining traction" with sales of its Xbox console. He also noted that Nintendo's next-generation hardware seems to be in a popularity slump.
"I think we'll hear better Xbox hardware sales, while GameCube is still struggling," Farrell said.

Farrell's comments are the latest in a stream of complaints from publishers dissatisfied with GameCube's current selling rate in the market and adds to growing industry support for Microsoft's year-old console.

Nintendo of America is betting on a strong showing of its big holiday title Metroid Prime, a first-person action-adventure set in a sci-fi backdrop, coupled with its new Platinum GameCube, to drive sales of hardware and software through the fourth quarter. Meanwhile Xbox is banking on the success of Xbox Live and a plump 2003 lineup which includes Halo 2, Fable, and Midtown Madness 3.

More as it becomes available."

And people still think X-Box is dying.
Sat 14/12/02 at 12:27
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I already said this is fog chat tut tut tut
Sat 14/12/02 at 12:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
Just a pointless topic.
Sat 14/12/02 at 12:35
Silent85 wrote:
> I already said this is fog chat tut tut tut

Doh. Never go there.

"Just a pointless topic."

Then whyd you bother posting in it?
Especially considering your post is more pointless than this topic.
Atleast my post is informing those who havent seen the info.
Yours is just plain spam.
Sat 14/12/02 at 13:06
Regular
"Panasonic Rules !!!"
the only reason "er-no" thinks its pointless is becasue he is a ninty fan therefore these facts are pointless to him even though i've seen alot of posts in nintendo forums saying cube beating xbox then you don't seem to think its pointless

strange isn't it
Sat 14/12/02 at 17:47
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Whats Fable?
Sat 14/12/02 at 18:28
Fosbe wrote:
> Whats Fable?

Project Egos non-codename.
Sat 14/12/02 at 19:10
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Your Olympic Hero wrote:
> Fosbe wrote:
> Whats Fable?
>
> Project Egos non-codename.

Its new name Project Ego is no more.
Sat 14/12/02 at 21:48
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I rather liked project ego.
Sat 14/12/02 at 21:53
Shhhh. Dont be picky. =P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.