GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo 64"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/02/00 at 09:34
Regular
Here a question.

How long do people think the N64 has left to live?

With games like Perfect Dark, Zelda: The Continuing Sage, Turok 3, A Resident Evil game, Top Gear Rally 2, and a bunch of other wicked games this year. How long will the N64 live for? Specially with the PS2 and Dolphin on the horizon how much longer can the N64 last?

Cooky
Page:
Sun 30/04/00 at 19:07
Castlevania 2

Improve primary attack

Grab the power up items [they are smal and grey]to increace the
power of your primary, long range attack you can carry up to two
of them.If you are looking to improve the power of your item based
attack pick up another of the same item- the number in the cornser
of the icon will increace, showing the increace of strenth in
strenth.3x power is the maximum.

play as Henery

First finish the entire game using Cornel, then save the game to
the controler pack once the credits have finished. there is also a
spare costume availuble for henery, after you have found two
chrildren with him in the game.

Play as Reinhardt
Once you have earned Henry, finish the game with him , then save
the game to the controler pak after the credits have finished .You
will now be able to play the game with reinhardt when you start a
new game.

Simon's Quest Status Password Thorn Whip, Holy Water OFIC M5YX
XD4C Q3AA Dracula's Rib, Chain Whip, Blue Crystal OFIT M5QX 1P5S
QBQA Previous items plus Dracula's Heart SZMH QXE1 5PXW UESE
Previous items plus Dracula's Nail, Flame Whip and Red Crystal
TIRH DYDZ 4O5V 81B1 Previous items plus Ring and Cross MLIE WUCW
VNKU SCBC All items PSPR VRBV U2DT RFIZ Start the game with all
items MLIT WVCW T3KU SFZC Dracula RIG7 NVFX E45V 07BT Dracula, in
under 5:12:00 EXKM WSUW 532U UWBG Dracula (second ending) OYZY
UQAU R12S SMIA Dracula (third ending) C1DF O26D L1KN
SWJK
Sun 30/04/00 at 19:40
Super smash bros

Basic Moves and layout.

A Button Normal Attack
B Button Special Attack
Stick Left/Right Move to the left or right
Tap Left/Right 2x Dash
Stick Up Jump
Stick Down Duck
C Buttons Jump
Z Button Block
Z + Foward Roll
R Button Grab
L Button Taunt

Mario

The famous plumber is back and ready to rumble! Mario is one of the smallest fighters, but by no means the weakest. Mario has solid jumping skills and a one-two punch attack. And just like the old days, Mario can rear back and toss a fireball his opponent's way.

Mario's Stage is Peach's Castle

Mario is my favourate player, so here are some of his moves.

One, Two, Kick A+A+A Mario's old move from Super Mario 64
Super Punch Foward + A Powerful punch
Roundhouse Kick Foward, then A Powerful kick to the chest
Head Butt Up + A Blow to the head
Mushroom Uppercut Up, then A Standard uppercut
Sweep Kick Down + A A low kick to knock opponents down

Mario Cyclone In mid jump, Foward + A Spinning kick attack
Downward Cyclone In mid jump, Back + A same a above, but goes down
Slide Kick Dash + A Good old fashioned barge move
Kangaroo Kick In mid jump, Down + A Backwards kick
Fireball B Toss a fireball
Twirlwind Punch Down + B Fast series of punches
Cash Box Up + B Powerful punch
Super Springboard Punch In mid jump, Up + B Super Jump move
Super Mario R Grab Move (Press again to throw)
The famous plumber is back and ready to rumble! Mario is one of the smallest fighters, but by no means the weakest. Mario has solid jumping skills and a one-two punch attack. And just like the old days, Mario can rear back and toss a fireball his opponent's way.

Mario's Stage: Peach's Castle
One, Two, Kick A+A+A Mario's old move from Super Mario 64
Super Punch Foward + A Powerful punch
Roundhouse Kick Foward, then A Powerful kick to the chest
Head Butt Up + A Blow to the head
Mushroom Uppercut Up, then A Standard uppercut
Sweep Kick Down + A A low kick to knock opponents down
Super Flip Kick In mid jump, press Up + A Kick your opponent in the air.
Mario Cyclone In mid jump, Foward + A Spinning kick attack
Downward Cyclone In mid jump, Back + A Same a above, but goes down
Slide Kick Dash + A Good old fashioned barge move
Kangaroo Kick In mid jump, Down + A Backwards kick
Fireball B Toss a fireball
Twirlwind Punch Down + B Fast series of punches
Cash Box Up + B Powerful punch
Super Springboard Punch In mid jump, Up + B Super Jump move
Super Mario R Grab Move (Press again to throw)

Items
All of these Items are found in the game in crates or boxes.

Energy Blade This light saber like sword won't give you the force, but it can strike opponents from a distance!

Star Rod This item is shorter than the Energy Blade, but it does the same thing.

Home Run Bat This baby can knock opponents clear out of the ring.

Your Questions awnsered

On many sites people have asked these questions and and they have not been awnsered so here they are,Enjoy.

How Do I Get The High Target In Link's Stage?

Stand under the target and toss your Boomerang to the left (B). When the Boomerang starts to come back, perform a Triple Jump up towards the target. If you time it just right, the Boomerang will miss you and hit the target.
Which is the best character to get Falcon?
Since you have to beat the game in under 15 minutes, try using Fox, since he's the fastest of the initial characters.

Which is the best character to get Ness?

To get Ness, you must beat the game with three lives and no continues on the Normal Setting. Use the character you use most often so you'll have the most success beat the game under the conditions.

How do I beat -------'s Bonus Stage?

There is a detailed guide to each character's stage in the tournament section.

Are there any other hidden characters in the game?
Nope

Can I play as Metal Mario, Master Hand, Giant DK, Bowser, etc...

No. These are just rumors.

What does Mew do?

Mew just pops up and flies away. You also get some bonus points in Tournament Mode.

Character Color Change

On the character select screen, select the character you wish to use, then press C Down, C Left, or C Right to get an alternate costume or colors for that character. Press C Up to revert back to the original colors.

Play as Luigi

To activate everyone's favorite neglected plumber, finish Practice Bonus Stage One with each of the eight main characters. Luigi will then show up and challenge you. Defeat him to add him to your line-up.

Play as Capt. Falcon

To activate the F Zero star, you must defeat the game at any level with any character within 15 Minutes. Falcon will then challenge you. Defeat him and he's yours.

Play as Jigglypuff

To open up the cute Pokemon, defeat the game. Defeat Jigglypuff when it challenges you and you'll get it.

Play as Ness

To play as the Earthbound star, you must first defeat the game on Normal, with only three lives and no continues. Defeat Ness when he challenges you and you'll win him.

Sound Test

Defeat Practice Bonus Stages 1 and 2 with all the characters, including the secret ones. The sound test will then show up in the Data Option.

Borrow a Life

When playing a team multiplayer match,you can steal a life from one of the players by pressing A+B+Z+Start.

Item Menu

Play the Versus Mode 100 times and an item menu will become unlocked. The menu enables you to set all the multiplayer options you would wish for. You can determine which items will show up in the battles, and which won't.

Classic Mushroom Kingdom

To access the hidden classic Mario World 1 stage, beat the game's one-player mode with each of the original eight characters and play on each stage in the versus mode. At the end, the game will tell you that you can now access Classic Mushroom Kingdom in the versus mode.

Credits Fun

When you beat the game and the credits start to roll, you can use the Control Stick to move the cursor in the middle of the screen. Press B while the cursor is pointed at a name to stop the credits from scrolling to learn a little bit more about that person.

Profile Fun

On the character profile menu, you can move the characters by holding Z and moving the stick

Green Shell Kick it toward your opponent.

Red Shell Works like the Green Shell, except it homes in on your target.

Red Shell Works like the Green Shell, except it homes in on your target.

Nova Gun This has a long range to strike your opponents.

Pokeball Toss a Pokeball and release a Pokemon that will take on your enemies.

Paper Fan Give your opponent the mother of all paper cuts with this baby.

Fire Flower Toss a fireball toward your opponent.

Hammer It's hammer time! Hammer your opponents into submission.

Motion Mine This mine will explode when an opponent gets close.

Motion Mine This mine will explode when an opponent gets close.

Maxim Tomato This yummy fruit will restore some lost life

Heart Container This restores all the energy you've lost in a fight.
Mon 01/05/00 at 11:49
This is a great game it has speed excitement, and most importantly atmosphere. In this game you can play as Anakin Skywalker , a hopefull young boy of nine years old whom will soon leave his home planet of tatoine to train to become a jedi unawear of the dark path that will soon open up for him. You can also play as Selbulba and more than twenty other charachters,You can aklso play on the track that you see on the film,there is twenty five tracks in all, rangeing from ice levels to desert and all of them are on planetts that are on the star wars films. Multiplayer is also an option.
Wed 03/05/00 at 18:43
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Why can't Nintendo create games for the n64 that have a 3rd person view and plot like Metal Gear Solid?? Speaking for my self but I think Goldeneye is the best shoot em' up EVER! but it just doesn't hold enough in it to be the best game ever.
If Nintendo could make a game with lots of puzzles like Tombraider but with a realistic more realistic story line, and lots of really good scheneries and weapons and all this with the wicked N64 grapics, could be a reciepe for a truely excellent game!
What do you think?
Thu 04/05/00 at 22:01
Here are some cheats that i have found for the game, i have taken them off of my website:

New Title Screen:
Beat both the Gym Leader Castle and Stadium modes to change the title screen (in addition to the map mode). The new title shows Pikachu, Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur and Mewtwo.

Amnesia Psyduck:
Get all 151 Pokemon in the hall of fame.

Surfing Pikachu:
First, get to the Round 2 Prime Cup Masterball Challenge. Make a Pikachu one of the 6 pokemon on your team. This Pikachu must be from a Game Boy Pokemon game pak. It cannot be a rental pokemon. It also cannot be registered anywhere on your Pokemon Stadium game. So, do NOT register this team when you are done picking it. When you begin to fight, you must make Pikachu one of the three pokemon you select for all eight battles. You cannot use any continues. Also, you cannot save and quit anytime during the cup. If you are successful, you will be rewarded by being taken to a special screen where you can teach Pikachu surf.

Talking Pikachu:
Upload Pikachu from the yellow version of the game to Pokemon Stadium. When battling, Pikachu will say its name and have different moves. Note: You must go into battle for this to work. Do not register Pikachu.

Get Pokémon for Game Boy game:
Complete one of the Gym Leader Castles of the Elite Four or your rival to get one of the following random Pokémon that can be transferred back to your Game Boy Pokémon game:
Eevee
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Squirtle
Charmander
Bulbasaur
Omanyte
Kabuto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokémon Stadium Cup requirements
Pika Cup:
Pokémon can only be between level 15-20.

Petit Cup:
Level ranges between 25-30. There is a height requirement though. Height 6'8" limit and weight 44 pounds.

Poké Cup:
Only can use 3 Pokémon, levels 50-55. The sum of the Pokémon's levels cannot exceed 155.

Prime Cup:
Everything is legal. You can have any level, height, weight, or number of Pokémon. However, your opponents' levels are always 100.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hints
Colored Pokemon:
To change the colors of your pokemon try changing the names. For example; use lower case letters (ie: poliwhirl) change the syllables (ie: Drillbee) or just plain leave a part out (ie: pika). This can really alter the Pokemon's looks...you can even get a Pink Mewtwo!

Rent Mew:
Beat the Gym Leader Castle, plus beat all the cups in Masterball and you will have unlocked a new gaming mode and a new rental pokemon. Mew is now a rental pokemon. He can only be used in prime cup, Gym Leader Castle, and Free Battle (prime cup rules only). You will also have a new title screen.
Fri 05/05/00 at 18:44
I have heard that the European Commision has launched an investigation into the alleged price fixing by Nintendo and seven of it's EU distributors. Why?
Because Nintendo has been accused of collaborating with these distributors to sell hardware at a fixed rate, where discounts may have been offered.
A spokesman for the EC said
" The commision believes that the companies concerned participated in a 'cartel-like arrangement.

Be it true or not, I am the only one that thinks this is ridiculous???

I hope you find this info useful
TheBest
Sat 06/05/00 at 19:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Some of the newer N64 owners might not realise this as much as to the people that bought it when encountered the shores of England, but my point is this although the playstation bring out loads and loads of new brand spanking new games every day! they only bring out one game that scratches past the gaming hall of fame every 6 months or so. But when you paid your Ł100+ for your Nintendo you knew that their would be brilliant game after brilliant game passing through the doors of your favorite games shop doors, games like Mario 64, Goldeneye, Mariokart just to name a few of the games that will be loved and cherished by all N64 gamers from around the world, this is when you realise that the N64 won't go out of fashion for a long time to come even when the dolphin enters my front door, my N64 will still have it's own spot in front of my tv. Multiplayer games will still be played when your mates come over, even if their is a new game that is a hundred times better and faster..........it will never be forgotten.
Sun 07/05/00 at 08:42
Comand and Conquer N64 version is the best ever version ever made, it has everything that you could ever want from a c&c game, I have found out some cheats whilst i have been playing the game:

Cheat Mode:
At the title screen press B, A, R, R, A, C-Right, Up, Down, A. Select Replay Mission option at the main menu, then press L to show all missions and R to choose your team.

Start battle after enabling the code. Press L + R to show programming debug sceen. Press R + L + Up for an automatic win or R + L + Down for an automatic loss.

Zoom:
Hold L press C-Up or C-Down to zoom in and out of the battlefield.

Easy Construction:
From the toolbar, highlight a unit to be created then press A. Hold Z and press A again after receiving the "Unit Ready" or "Construction Complete" message to build the same unit again without returning to the toolbar.
Sun 07/05/00 at 09:04
Ever since I have played the Resident Evil Series on the PlayStation, I have been enthralled with the entire series. I thought the game was really well done, with many effects and game play within the title. I desired to have the game for the longest time on the PlayStation, but I didn't have the PlayStation game console, only N64. I knew many people felt the same way as I did, and I waited and waited for it on N64. Wait no longer, because Resident Evil on N64 is here. With better gameplay controls and graphics to add to the already awesome game, it is a must buy in my book, and if you like any Resident Evil-type game, you should get this title, so go get it.
Sun 07/05/00 at 09:07
When Perfect Dark, Rare's follow-up to the first-person shooter GoldenEye 007, was pushed out of 1999 and back to April 2000, many people found themselves without a worthwhile N64 game to play. Others became skeptical, thinking that when the game finally does ship, it won't be worth playing anyway. While the game isn't finished yet, and there are still some changes to be implemented, after playing the most recent version of the game, we think it looks like the wait will definitely be worth it. The game engine is not an enhanced version of the GoldenEye engine, says Nintendo's Ken Lobb "Basically, Rare was like, 'Well, we know what we like about the GoldenEye engine, let's throw everything else away.' They didn't like very much."

Perfect Dark's options really make it stand out. Not only is there a complete single-player game, with three difficulty levels (which have been changed a bit over GoldenEye's difficulty, making the easy level a bit easier and the hardest harder), but there is also a two-player cooperative mode that packs more enemies into the levels. The second player plays as Joanna Dark's sister, a blonde girl who hasn't been given a name yet. To go along with the co-op mode is a counter-operative mode. In this mode, the first player goes through the single-player game as normal, while the second player jumps into the body of one of the level's enemies. While you may be a bit smarter than the AI enemies in this mode, you'll still die as easily as the AI enemies. When you die as the enemy player, you can hit start and take over the body of another bad guy. Your mission as the counteroperative is to block Joanna's path by any means necessary. You can push furniture around and block doors, as well as slap the other guards, which causes them to take off in search of Joanna. The game features a lot of cutscenes, and in an interesting twist, you can skip the cutscenes and start the level while the cutscene is still occurring. This gives you a bit of control over things like where enemies are when you start the level. The enemy AI will pull off some interesting tricks. For instance, shooting out the lights in a room caused a room full of bad guys to run from the dark room into a nearby office, where they took cover and waited for us to enter the room. The storyline, told through cutscenes and in-mission radio traffic, starts out as your typical spy thriller, but after a few run-of-the-mill missions you'll find yourself dealing with alien autopsies, presidential clones, and a full-scale invasion of your home base, the Carrington Institute. Your campaign against the evil corporation, dataDyne, will eventually explode into a huge conflict between two alien races, the Maians and the Skedar.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.