GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo 64"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/02/00 at 09:34
Regular
Here a question.

How long do people think the N64 has left to live?

With games like Perfect Dark, Zelda: The Continuing Sage, Turok 3, A Resident Evil game, Top Gear Rally 2, and a bunch of other wicked games this year. How long will the N64 live for? Specially with the PS2 and Dolphin on the horizon how much longer can the N64 last?

Cooky
Page:
Thu 17/02/00 at 09:34
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Here a question.

How long do people think the N64 has left to live?

With games like Perfect Dark, Zelda: The Continuing Sage, Turok 3, A Resident Evil game, Top Gear Rally 2, and a bunch of other wicked games this year. How long will the N64 live for? Specially with the PS2 and Dolphin on the horizon how much longer can the N64 last?

Cooky
Fri 10/03/00 at 22:49
Well it will slowly die after Perfect Dark unfortunately.

The new consoles will open up a hole new league, at the end of the summer you will see 64 and Playstation stop being sold in the high st. People will of course still play the most adictive of the games but new gamers and younger generations wont realy bother buying 64 at retail more from 2nd hand outlets.
The dolphin will rock and be the no 1 console next year although it needs more games like play station 2, I'm not knockin Nintendo at all, the nintendo games are by a long way the best in every department but they need more games if they wish to be the undisputed best console! rather than everyones best for a while or second best games machine!
Fri 10/03/00 at 22:49
Well it will slowly die after Perfect Dark unfortunately.

The new consoles will open up a hole new league, at the end of the summer you will see 64 and Playstation stop being sold in the high st. People will of course still play the most adictive of the games but new gamers and younger generations wont realy bother buying 64 at retail more from 2nd hand outlets.
The dolphin will rock and be the no 1 console next year although it needs more games like play station 2, I'm not knockin Nintendo at all, the nintendo games are by a long way the best in every department but they need more games if they wish to be the undisputed best console! rather than everyones best for a while or second best games machine!
Tue 14/03/00 at 20:01
Cooky wrote:
: Here a question.
:
: How long do people think the N64 has left to live?
:
: With games like Perfect Dark, Zelda: The Continuing Sage, Turok 3, A Resident Evil game, Top Gear Rally 2, and a bunch of other wicked games this year. How long will the N64 live for? Specially with the PS2 and Dolphin on the horizon how much longer can the N64 last?
:
: Cooky

Well, I think its got plenty of life in it yet. It'll be around officially for another year until the Dolphin comes out, and as you say there are a few brilliant games left to come out. N64 games are still selling well. I agree that PS2 will hit the N64 incredibly badly, but only if the PS2 is not, as the developers say, a pig to program, and only then if it is cheap enough. But we await the Dolphin eagerly.

I have a question. Just WHY do the F****** Yanks get Perfect Dark, a BRITISH game made by a BRITISH company in BRITAIN, a month before the Brits?
Wed 19/04/00 at 19:22
rares game delays are now hiting them hard. When the first released screens of PD it said it will be released early 1999, We are STILL waiting for this one game for a year and a half. I myself was ecited about pd when i first herd but now i am not worried about it. it has made me wait so long that i dont care and will just buy it when it comes out. if rare continue delaying games (every game that has bewen made) everyone just wont make any hype about it and rare wont be able to make any good games. Also rare delay games to make them better, but look at goldeneye, before it was released the game would be 10 times bigger, look at the sites with the beta mode on them. so what do they reley do when they are delaying games??
Maybe just waiting for the right time to release the game when most people will buy it. What do you think
Sat 22/04/00 at 12:00
Rapid Racers- here are my top 5...

1. Star wars episode 1 racer
2. Extreme G
3. XG2
4. Wipeout
5. SCARS.
Sat 22/04/00 at 19:28
Regular
"Under the Wall"
If Nintendo could just come up with a few more releases that weren't aimed at the little kids and weren't Goldeneye (I have Goldeneye. Why do they think I want to buy endless copies of what is basically Goldeneye with a different box?), and produced more games aimed at the growing market of older gamers (with more than 50p of pocket money to spend) then maybe the future of the N64 wouldn't be so shakey. How can you expect the console to do well without the software to generate sales and create interest?
The void for the games is there, why do Nintendo refuse to fill it?
Fri 28/04/00 at 20:40
I concurr.
Fri 28/04/00 at 20:56
The Nintendo 64 is coming to the end of it's lifespan. With all the new next gen. consoles, it will gradually fade out of our lives.
But I would like to point out a few things that nintendo should consider for their dolphin super console
1: people want new ideas, not sequels to games, especially if they are rubbish
2: Nintendo have recently started converting OLD PSX games to the N64.
If people wanted these games they would have either bought a PSX or the PC conversion. For example, Metal gear solid, in my opinion a rubbish game, is now being brought to the N64. An even better example is tomb raider. People have decided for or against Tomb raider about 2 years ago. The PSX now has 4 TOMB RAIDER GAMES(!) and nintendo is bringing out the first???. My point exactly.
3: Somebody spoke about Nintendo bringing out 'same idea games' and games aimed at small children. The console market must learn to accomadate the older gamers in our community. For example the PSX has more than a handful of 18 rated games whereas nintendo have only a few. Although I am loyal to Nintendo, and fend off PSXers remarks, I feel that they could do a LOT better.
4: I feel that Nintendo could have turned the stream of new PSX buyers after the N64's launch into a trickle by advertising more in the early stages of the Nintendo 64's life.

If Nintendo had taken the above points into consideration, they would have more money in their pockets and more people would be enjoying N64's
So, if anyone from Nintendo reads this, please take these points into consideration for the Dolphin, it's in your best intersts, not mine!

If anyone agrees/disagrees with what i've said, please let me know.

That is all I have to say.
TheBest
Sat 29/04/00 at 10:22
Castlevania 2

Improve primary attack

Grab the power up items [they are smal and grey]to increace the power of your primary, long range attack you can carry up to two of them.If you are looking to improve the power of your item based attack pick up another of the same item- the number in the cornser of the icon will increace, showing the increace of strenth in strenth.3x power is the maximum.

play as Henery

First finish the entire game using Cornel, then save the game to the controler pack once the credits have finished. there is also a spare costume availuble for henery, after you have found two chrildren with him in the game.

Play as Reinhardt
Once you have earned Henry, finish the game with him , then save the game to the controler pak after the credits have finished .You will now be able to play the game with reinhardt when you start a new game.

Simon's Quest Status Password Thorn Whip, Holy Water OFIC M5YX XD4C Q3AA Dracula's Rib, Chain Whip, Blue Crystal OFIT M5QX 1P5S QBQA Previous items plus Dracula's Heart SZMH QXE1 5PXW UESE Previous items plus Dracula's Nail, Flame Whip and Red Crystal TIRH DYDZ 4O5V 81B1 Previous items plus Ring and Cross MLIE WUCW VNKU SCBC All items PSPR VRBV U2DT RFIZ Start the game with all items MLIT WVCW T3KU SFZC Dracula RIG7 NVFX E45V 07BT Dracula, in under 5:12:00 EXKM WSUW 532U UWBG Dracula (second ending) OYZY UQAU R12S SMIA Dracula (third ending) C1DF O26D L1KN SWJKCastlevania 2

Improve primary attack Grab the power up items [they are smal and grey]to increace the power of your primary, long range attack you can carry up to two of them.If you are looking to improve the power of your item based attack pick up another of the same item- the number in the cornser of the icon will increace, showing the increace of strenth in strenth.3x power is the maximum.

play as Henery

First finish the entire game using Cornel, then save the game to the controler pack once the credits have finished. there is also a spare costume availuble for henery, after you have found two chrildren with him in the game.

Play as Reinhardt
Once you have earned Henry, finish the game with him , then save the game to the controler pak after the credits have finished .You will now be able to play the game with reinhardt when you start a new game.

Cheats for Castlevania 2

Thorn Whip, Holy Water OFIC M5YX XD4C Q3AA
Dracula's Rib, Chain Whip, Blue Crystal OFIT M5QX 1P5S QBQA
Previous items plus Dracula's Heart SZMH QXE1 5PXW UESE
Previous items plus Dracula's Nail,
Flam Whip and Red Crystal TIRH DYDZ 4O5V 81B1
Previous items plus Ring and Cross MLIE WUCW VNKU SCBC
All items PSPR VRBV U2DT RFIZ
Start the game with all items MLIT WVCW T3KU SFZC
Dracula RIG7 NVFX E45V 07BT
Dracula, in under 5:12:00 EXKM WSUW 532U UWBG
Dracula (second ending) OYZY UQAU R12S SMIA
Dracula (third ending) C1DF O26D L1KN SWJK
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.