GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 SUCKS and the PC ROCKS - Anyone dare to argue?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 12:38
Regular
The PC is the best platform by miles. Maybe not intended for gaming originally it offers much more than any console.

Firstly games last much longer on the PC due to addons and mods, on the PS2 once you have finished the game its all over. "What about multiplayer" i hear you cry well the PC may not support too many multiplayer games for a stand alone PC but the online world of the PC just doesnt comapare to any console.

Also on a PC you can get 100's of games free of the net that keep you occupied whereas on the playstation nothing comes free.

"But it costs much more than a console." A personal computer can cost upto 4 times more than a PS2 but how long will the PS2 last before they stop making games for it? A PC can be upgraded continously and last much longer than a console.

Last and probably least is that you can do loads of other stuff with a PC; for a start post msgs on forums, email, wordprocessing, so on so forth.

PC's are the best. Full Stop.
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:46
alik wrote:
> the ps2 internet is 10 times faster than pc and uses broad band internet.

-------------------------

PC users can use broadbad internet, Sony have made a big mistake up with PS2 bb and its predicted it wont be available until 2003.

>i think most people on here would rather own GTA3, Devil May Cry or MGS2.

------------------------
Since when did u carry out a survey of all ps2 owners??

>The pc dosen't have any good racing games.

------------------------

Again I think your mistaken, Colin McRae, E-Racer...... the list goes on, I admit GT3 is prolly the best out there but it doesnt mean all other racing games are rubbish.

>A new graphics card 400£ + more memory 100£

-------------------------

If u buy graphics cards for £400 you're getting conned. And RAM is very atm.

>Don't come back at me with a load of stupid pentium figures because i know on paper the pc is more powerful but so
> far it isn't/hasn't shown up the ps2 graphicallly in any way.

-----------------------

Figures tend to be facts.
Sat 16/02/02 at 19:33
the ps2 internet is 10 times faster than pc and uses broad band internet, you were listing games like ice-wind dale and red alert 2, i think most people on here would rather own GTA3, Devil May Cry or MGS2 so i think we can give up on the Ice wind dale. The pc dosen't have any good racing games. GTA3, MGS2 and Devil May Cry are yet to be beaten on graphics on any console. Lokky for you, you can afford but for adsl modem 40£ a month a new graphics card 400£ + more memory 100£ + the list is endless. So how can you say that upgrading your pc is cheaper than buying a PS3 when it is released, i admit that the price of pc's are coming down but consoles are meant for games and they aren't just another way for bill gates and other greedy men to steal money off us. My pc is powerful but it wouldn;t run max payne due to a run time error tht can't befixed, but my ps2 runs it and i love to just pick up the pad and play it without bothering about it working or not. When GTA3 comes out on the pc the graphics won't be as good as the ps2 version. Don't come back at me with a load of stupid pentium figures because i know on paper the pc is more powerful but so far it isn't/hasn't shown up the ps2 graphicallly in any way. Take a look at Deus Ex for the pc and then come and tell me if that is better than what the ps2 looks like because you would be wrong! Magazines have already stated that the graphics are a lot better on the ps2, so how can the pc be more powerful? I aren't been disloyal to my pc but ps2 rocks it games wise and you can't beat it!
Sat 16/02/02 at 19:20
PS2 ROCKS LIKE HELL
Sat 16/02/02 at 19:17
Well said. At the end of the its how you measure the pros and cons, i personally think the pros of a pc outweigh the cons, and in relation to the ps2 make it a better platform.
Sat 16/02/02 at 18:40
"You love us!"
> alik wrote:
> 10 reasons why the ps2 beats pc:

1.Its faster
2.More Reliable
3.Better games
4.Better joypad
5.No installation
6.Not bothered about working because it will
7.better graphics
8.No constant upgrades
9.Pc has internet but so too will ps2 and quicker
10.More fun and rewarding

Okay, lets for just a minute be objective about this and not talk rubbish. I own both a high end PC and PS (plus most other consoles for that matter) and quite frankly the above states ment is c**p!

1. How is the PS2 faster - on a high end PC the fps are always faster than a PS2, without exception. Yes to get this kinda' fps stability you gotta play quite ait of cash but the FACT is that the PC is faster if you can afford it. Note this doesn't make the games better.

2. Yes, most definetly. I don't think anyone in the world could argue this point as a PS2 is blatantly more stable.

3.This is totally subjective. The PC has RTS and first person shooters that whip anything on PS2 - try finding an advanced D&D game like Icewind Dale or CivIII or Black and White or Red Alert 2 on PS2 you can't do it! And don't even mention Baulders gate Dark Alliance - that ISN'T a true AD&D game - it's simply Guantlet in the D&D world set. however games like Pro Evo, GT3, GTA3, Jak and Daxter, Devil may cry (the list goes on) are only avaliable on PS2. It is simply a case of what sort of games you like - thats why i have both.

4. Yup the PS2 joypad is much better than most PC joypads - totally. however with a simple and cheat (8 quid) you can use the PS2 joypad on your PC!

5. Yup, again completely true.

6. Yeah to a degree, although i hardley ever have any problem with my PC crashing but i can't deny that it has crashed before. However, i was playing Pro Evo last night on PS2 and it crashed. Obviusly this doesn't happen anythign like as often as PC crashes but it CAN happen. However, on the hole this point is true.

7. No way. If you think the PS2 has better graphic than a high end PC you need your eyes testing - seriously! Somthing like MoH: allied assault at 1600x1200 32 bit colour and all details maxed is better than ANYTHING i've ever seen on PS2! Plus there is no slowdown at all - which does happen on many PS2 games - SSX Tricks, MGS2 for 2 examples. I must admit, you have to have a good Gcard to get the best out of a PC but if you can afford it, the graphics are better. There is not point in saying the PC is worse than a PS2 on graphics, just because u can't afford a high end graphics card. The PS CAN have better graphics if you have the cash!.

8. You can take this either way. yes you have to upgrade your PC but this also means that you can keep it up to date and capable of playing new games, which obviously get better and better as the developers have better hardware. On the down side this costs loads of cash. On the other hand the PS2 never needs upgrading (unless you call the modem and harddrive an upgrade which you prolly should) so once you've bought the console you don't need to worry. however, this measn that once the developers have got the most out of the machine there is no where to go, and when the PS3 comes out, you PS2 is going to look pretty lame and there is nothing you can do about it, other than fork out for the new console.

The PC has had the internet for years, as of this miniute the PS2 is STILl waiting - hardly cutting edge. So if you want to surf the web now the only way is on a PC! And how the hell is the PS2's internet access going to be quicker - it'll use either a modem or broadband, which the PC already has. Anyway, the speed of thet internet is determined by the quality of connection - if you have broadband you'll get a faster connection than modem - it makes no difference HOW (be it PS2 or PC) you're connected.

Again this is personal opinion. How can you say one thing is more rewarding than another! Yes TO U it is, but to someone else it could be the other way around. A stupid thing to say indeed, and somthing that shows you imaturity.

So there you go, an unbiased look at those statements.

Bottom line, get both if you can afford it! luckly my job pays for both! :-)
Sat 16/02/02 at 18:18
Regular
"Back For Good"
Consoles don't crash and give error messages :-D
Sat 16/02/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
The PS2 beats PC's as Microsoft aren't involved with PS2, need I say anymore ??? except that you PC owners are still waiting for GTA3, how do you feel.?
Sat 16/02/02 at 18:12
Regular
alik wrote:
> 10 reasons why the ps2 beats pc:

1.Its faster
2.More Reliable
3.Better
> games
4.Better joypad
5.No installation
6.Not bothered about working because
> it will
7.better graphics
8.No constant upgrades
9.Pc has internet but so too
> will ps2 and quicker
10.More fun and rewarding

Too Right!
Sat 16/02/02 at 17:21
Regular
"  "
why don't u take some of your own advice
Sat 16/02/02 at 17:18
Im comparing the two in terms of game playing, both can do it therfore they are comparable.
Im not complaining that I can write a document on a ps2.

Learn to think before you speak.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.