GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 SUCKS and the PC ROCKS - Anyone dare to argue?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 12:38
Regular
The PC is the best platform by miles. Maybe not intended for gaming originally it offers much more than any console.

Firstly games last much longer on the PC due to addons and mods, on the PS2 once you have finished the game its all over. "What about multiplayer" i hear you cry well the PC may not support too many multiplayer games for a stand alone PC but the online world of the PC just doesnt comapare to any console.

Also on a PC you can get 100's of games free of the net that keep you occupied whereas on the playstation nothing comes free.

"But it costs much more than a console." A personal computer can cost upto 4 times more than a PS2 but how long will the PS2 last before they stop making games for it? A PC can be upgraded continously and last much longer than a console.

Last and probably least is that you can do loads of other stuff with a PC; for a start post msgs on forums, email, wordprocessing, so on so forth.

PC's are the best. Full Stop.
Sun 17/02/02 at 11:45
"©opy Right™"
i just want to say go onb the pc forum instead of posting a topic theres know point.
Sun 17/02/02 at 11:42
Regular
my pc is just a 150mhz and 3gb but i've played some great games,
Diablo
starcraft and brood war (amazing online and only £8 for both)
Heroes of might and magic 2 and 3,
theme hospital,
they were all great.
Sun 17/02/02 at 11:36
ye my pc isn't as powerful as that but i have sure had some good games on it, i had deus ex, half life, red alert 2, commandos 1 + add on pack, hitman code name 47, but i still owe the gaming side to my ps2, i use my computer for the internet and to post things on here and order dvds and games from SR so i like them both for different reasons.
Sun 17/02/02 at 11:02
I agree that we are never going to reach a descision a which platform is the best. Both have their good point and their bad. Its a persons opinion at the end of the day.
Sat 16/02/02 at 22:02
"High polygon count"
My PC spec:

P4 1.7GHz
256Mb RAM
GeForce 3 graphics card
17 inch monitor
Sound Blaster Live! sound card
190Gb HD space
ntl: 512k broadband internet connection

And I own a PS2.

To claim that my PS2 is better than my PC would be a little silly, but my gaming is probably split 90-10 in favour of the PS2 - it's simply a more accessible platform, as are all consoles.

Of course, all of the points levelled at the PS2 here also apply to all of the other console platforms - so let's not forget that!
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:43
i couldn't agree more, i wasnt looking for trouble or an argument it was just constructive points but i think we should leave it at that and say that both of us are right and wrong and bothe pc and ps2 are great for their own things.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:39
Regular
Most good game consal games get coverted to pc, and now good pc games are coming to game consals, so lets just leave it at that.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:38
GTA3 is miles better than all those 3 games and i should know as i do own them all, i didnt like black and white but i loved deus ex and half life bu they dont hold a cnadle to the might of GTA3. Your Honour did that for attention and a big argument, gamespot and ign gave it above 95% and they are usually biased on games so you can not say that the game is faulted greatly especially since as Your honour hasnt even played the finished title and he was just saying that he wasnt going to buy it due to hype not because the game was flawed in any way so get your facts right first!
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:34
alik wrote:
> GTA3 is far better than any pc game to date
---------------
I think your mistaken, Half-Life, Deus Ex, Black & White. It all depends on taste anyway.

>MGS2 will yet again blow the gaming world, OPSM2 magazine gave it 10/10
> and i have not seen a bad word said against it yet because you can't,

----------------

Havent seen a bad word against it?! Are blind, read the the topic started be Your Honour about why he isnt going to buy MGS2.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:02
GTA3 is far better than any pc game to date and Gran Turismo 3 is easily the best racer, i think that most people would rather own game of the year 2001 than ice wind dale, GTA3 has been voted the best game ever to be created and Devil May Cry would have won more if it wasn't for its late release towards the end of 2001, MGS2 will yet again blow the gaming world, OPSM2 magazine gave it 10/10 and i have not seen a bad word said against it yet because you can't, pc games are going down hill, i used to be a big fan of pc games but i was let down by too many errors so thats why i am such a big fan of consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.