GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 SUCKS and the PC ROCKS - Anyone dare to argue?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 12:38
Regular
The PC is the best platform by miles. Maybe not intended for gaming originally it offers much more than any console.

Firstly games last much longer on the PC due to addons and mods, on the PS2 once you have finished the game its all over. "What about multiplayer" i hear you cry well the PC may not support too many multiplayer games for a stand alone PC but the online world of the PC just doesnt comapare to any console.

Also on a PC you can get 100's of games free of the net that keep you occupied whereas on the playstation nothing comes free.

"But it costs much more than a console." A personal computer can cost upto 4 times more than a PS2 but how long will the PS2 last before they stop making games for it? A PC can be upgraded continously and last much longer than a console.

Last and probably least is that you can do loads of other stuff with a PC; for a start post msgs on forums, email, wordprocessing, so on so forth.

PC's are the best. Full Stop.
Mon 18/02/02 at 19:17
there is nothing wrong with ps2 games i think they are the best ever designed.
Mon 18/02/02 at 19:03
Regular
Iraqistan Man wrote:
The hand controls are annoying and the games
are similar to the PS2.

whats wrong with ps2 games?
Mon 18/02/02 at 19:00
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
MaxNain, just take into consideration one thing, PS2'S ARE CONSOLES!!! No console could EVER compare to the PC. Not even the almighty X-Box which arn't that good since i've played on one. The hand controls are annoying and the games are similar to the PS2.
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:20
why do you have to be so childish !!!! Be more broader in your opinions
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:14
Regular
"lets go back"
PC's have too many technical problems when playing games. You need to check compatability etc. when buying them. Most games are FPS that are very similar. When a ground breaking game is released you will probably need to upgrade your PC to play it, spending hundreds of pounds for one game.

consoles are far easier and more enjoyable.
Sun 17/02/02 at 12:29
Regular
I should go see freeserve then.
Sun 17/02/02 at 12:26
the people who give you your HTTP address should activate it and put it online for you.
Sun 17/02/02 at 12:13
Regular
when i have finished my site on frontpage and i have an address, how do i put my site online?
Sun 17/02/02 at 12:09
I agree its either a ploy to make more money or it is because pc gaming is becoming weaker and weaker as more people turn to games consoles to get their entertainment out of console gaming.
Sun 17/02/02 at 11:52
Regular
"  "
MaxNain...answer me this......If PC gaming is so good then why do Microsoft feel they should release a console? Surely if gaming is better on PC then they should be concentrating on that that they are good at rather than a console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.