GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 SUCKS and the PC ROCKS - Anyone dare to argue?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 12:38
Regular
The PC is the best platform by miles. Maybe not intended for gaming originally it offers much more than any console.

Firstly games last much longer on the PC due to addons and mods, on the PS2 once you have finished the game its all over. "What about multiplayer" i hear you cry well the PC may not support too many multiplayer games for a stand alone PC but the online world of the PC just doesnt comapare to any console.

Also on a PC you can get 100's of games free of the net that keep you occupied whereas on the playstation nothing comes free.

"But it costs much more than a console." A personal computer can cost upto 4 times more than a PS2 but how long will the PS2 last before they stop making games for it? A PC can be upgraded continously and last much longer than a console.

Last and probably least is that you can do loads of other stuff with a PC; for a start post msgs on forums, email, wordprocessing, so on so forth.

PC's are the best. Full Stop.
Sat 16/02/02 at 12:38
The PC is the best platform by miles. Maybe not intended for gaming originally it offers much more than any console.

Firstly games last much longer on the PC due to addons and mods, on the PS2 once you have finished the game its all over. "What about multiplayer" i hear you cry well the PC may not support too many multiplayer games for a stand alone PC but the online world of the PC just doesnt comapare to any console.

Also on a PC you can get 100's of games free of the net that keep you occupied whereas on the playstation nothing comes free.

"But it costs much more than a console." A personal computer can cost upto 4 times more than a PS2 but how long will the PS2 last before they stop making games for it? A PC can be upgraded continously and last much longer than a console.

Last and probably least is that you can do loads of other stuff with a PC; for a start post msgs on forums, email, wordprocessing, so on so forth.

PC's are the best. Full Stop.
Sat 16/02/02 at 12:44
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
*quite squeeky voice* Eep! I dare to argue...

GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS FORUM AND GO TO PC GAMING

Although I think PC games are good, they cannot match the playability of the PS2. Even though there are a couple of gems that come out on the PC.

I like to be able to stick the CD in, turn it on and voilla! Instant gaming! Not go through all the start up computer (takes ages) install the game (about another 5 mins) etc. etc.
I also like the controller of the PS2, and from what I have seen, no PC controller matches that. I even prefer my PS2 controller to my £100 Microsoft force feedback pro joystick!

Now toddle off to the PC Forum, go on, quick.
Sat 16/02/02 at 12:53
Regular
"WWJD"
LOL JAT's these days think they own the place.

The PS2 was made for gaming so obviously it is better much better.

But i like PC's for some simple games but mostly for playing Mp3's and gonig on the net i like both don't which better suppose PC because i can listen to my music but then theres the PS2 with it's gaming capabilitys.

Hum makes you wonder. Oh and a tip don't start a topic with PS2 SUCKS because people won't take it seriously it just looks bad
Sat 16/02/02 at 12:59
Regular
i remember when you were a JAT longy :-)

any way PS2 games are fun and stuff like that but my PC games like Black and White and all that lot take serious time and some times it just aint fun until you get near the end, and PS2s dont crash either
Sat 16/02/02 at 13:10
Regular
MaxNaiN wrote:
> The PC is the best platform by miles.

Actually, there`s this diving platform back at the pool near where I live, and thats pretty good. Certainly more stable than a PC.

> Maybe not intended for gaming originally
> it offers much more than any console.

Much more in gaming, no. Much more than gaming, yes. You can go on the net, which PS2 can`t do yet, DC could, just about, and the others aren`t released yet, but that will change. You can do other things like make word documents etc... but thats not why we bought consoles... that was for the games.

Firstly games last much longer on the
> PC due to addons and mods,

I see what you mean. A CD degrades after a while, but can be repaired using the above in PCs. Just put a patch on, and things work fine again.

> on the PS2 once you have finished the game its all
> over.

That is the case for most PC games too, as not all of them have add-ons. Besides, there is the replay value anyway, which both PCs and consoles possess. If you`re going to buy an add-on, its just more of the same, why not buy a whole new game?

>"What about multiplayer" i hear you cry

Spot on. Exactly. Internet gaming is far less fun than actually being with friends and playing together in the same room where you can actually talk and stuff.

> well the PC may not
> support too many multiplayer games for a stand alone PC but the online world of
> the PC just doesnt comapare to any console.

I know what you mean. When console online gaming comes about, it will attempt to be cool, and stylish, where as PC online gaming is currently regarded as being quite geeky and pointless when you might as well be with friends.

Also on a PC you can get 100's
> of games free of the net that keep you occupied whereas on the playstation
> nothing comes free.

Occupied as in waiting for them to download? If they`re free to download, its suggests they are either illegal or very old and bad.

"But it costs much more than a console." A
> personal computer can cost upto 4 times more than a PS2 but how long will the
> PS2 last before they stop making games for it? A PC can be upgraded continously
> and last much longer than a console.

A PC costs four times as much... and a PS console lasts say 5 years. 4x5=20, which is a lot longer than a PC will last. Besides, continuous upgrades cost money anyway, adding to the total cost, so yes they are far more expensive.

Last and probably least is that you can
> do loads of other stuff with a PC; for a start post msgs on forums, email,
> wordprocessing, so on so forth.

I think we covered that above.
I think we covered that above.

>PC's are the best. Full Stop.

No they aren apostrophe t
Sat 16/02/02 at 13:22
Regular
"WWJD"
Kid Rock wrote:
> i remember when you were a JAT longy :-)

any way PS2 games are fun and stuff
> like that but my PC games like Black and White and all that lot take serious
> time and some times it just aint fun until you get near the end, and PS2s dont
> crash either

i remeber when you where a JAT :-)
Sat 16/02/02 at 13:24
Regular
dont think you do, when you came i was a regular :-)
Sat 16/02/02 at 13:42
10 reasons why the ps2 beats pc:

1.Its faster
2.More Reliable
3.Better games
4.Better joypad
5.No installation
6.Not bothered about working because it will
7.better graphics
8.No constant upgrades
9.Pc has internet but so too will ps2 and quicker
10.More fun and rewarding
Sat 16/02/02 at 13:56
Regular
I agree with most of those points, though I believe top end PCs still have the edge when it comes to looks and speed. Comes at a price though.
Sat 16/02/02 at 14:08
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm not daring to argue, but I'm daring you to go away.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.