GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
Now, I was a little annoyed with SR getting rid of the gaming threads.

So please share your Championship Manger experiences in here.

Currently i am Sheffield Wednesday in the year 2030. This is the furthest I have ever got in any champ man game! THe other ones used to stop after 2026. Anyone know when it does end? If ever?

Anyways, whats the most you have sold someone for? Mine is £88M. Well chuffed with that sale. It was one of my home grown players as well. Came through the reserves and was a great hit.
Page:
Tue 05/03/02 at 12:23
Regular
I'm not too sure about the proposed Graphical match engine. These guys know what they are doing though, I'm sure they wont mess it up. Its just that I've never really liked any of the management games where you actually see the game...

I havnt played Championship Manager for over a week...That must be a new record for me. I was just myself ya see. My current addictiveness rating is "I can give up this game whenever I want, really I just dont want to yet..."

Guess I'm not a total addict then...Its clocked up at 11 days 23 hours 26 minutes and 44 seconds. Pritty long time huh?
Tue 05/03/02 at 12:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
If the Champ Man team play their cards right, you should be able to give instructions to certain players who suck out on the pitch. Watching the match instead of the text should be beneficial. There are things a text based commentary can't describe.

A team may be leaving a lot of space out on the wings. A man might be marked out of the game. A man might be struggling in a certain position. The graphics engine should mean that you can pick up on these and make appropiate action.
Tue 05/03/02 at 16:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Personally I think that watching the game, instead of words may have it's good points.

1.) It may be easier to spot players that are playing badly, or have picked up an injury.

2.) It should be a lot better watching an actual game of football rather than just text go flying past.

But it may have it's bad points.

1.) I agree with what was said about loading times, and they will probably take a while to load.

2.) The graphics might not be that good as there are other things that the developers have to focus on.

3.) Some people may find it even harder to do well without the text based help that you get with some things.

Overall, I want to see it, but if I don't like it then I won't go back....
Tue 05/03/02 at 16:43
Regular
I always have the text on very fast anyway.

Does anyone know how to get those arrows on the formation that tactics screen?
Tue 05/03/02 at 21:09
Regular
Normal defensive or attacking arrows? Just right click (hold the button) and drag over a player.
Tue 05/03/02 at 21:12
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
The graphics engine should mean that you can pick up on these
> and make appropiate action.

Thing is though, how will this be done effectively? Showing all these injuries and the like. It could take a very long time watching one game. I play all my games on fast and dont know if I would have the patience to play with all this detail in the match engine.
Tue 05/03/02 at 21:17
Regular
Thanks for that Or†ega.

Id have the game on fast anyway so Im not that bothered about detail.
Tue 05/03/02 at 21:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think it will come down to personal taste. Some won't sit through a whole match. I probably will as I think it will enhance the manager experience.
Tue 05/03/02 at 22:30
Regular
Ye, It will definitley enhance the manager experience, no doubt about that. Its just that sometimes, becoming too realistic can become no fun at all.
Tue 05/03/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I wouldn't have thought they would remove the text based commentary completely. People have different tastes. I prefer to be in control of a team and see it weaknesses and strengths on the pitch. Some prefer to rattle through as many seasons as possible.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.