GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
Now, I was a little annoyed with SR getting rid of the gaming threads.

So please share your Championship Manger experiences in here.

Currently i am Sheffield Wednesday in the year 2030. This is the furthest I have ever got in any champ man game! THe other ones used to stop after 2026. Anyone know when it does end? If ever?

Anyways, whats the most you have sold someone for? Mine is £88M. Well chuffed with that sale. It was one of my home grown players as well. Came through the reserves and was a great hit.
Page:
Sun 03/03/02 at 16:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Champ Manager 4, actually uses graphics, which will be nice to see for once.
Sun 03/03/02 at 16:45
Regular
Whats the difference between Championship manager (year) and Championship manager (number)?
Sun 03/03/02 at 20:16
champ manager year is usually just an update with a few more leagues and updated teams.
champ manager number however changes alot on it's predecessor. champ manager 3 introduced a new interface over champ manager 2 and now champ manager 4 will introduce graphics for the first time.

and yea i'll buy the sven game. that is if i want an inferior in every department management sim instead of buying champ manager 4
Sun 03/03/02 at 21:29
Regular
My game is going a bit pear shaped as Man Utd. I dreww 1 all with Cheltenam in the cup and I lost 2-1 to Everton, Im still fourth though.

My mate has told me that Landon Donavon who plays for the San Jose Earthquakes is very good. I tried getting him and the club wouldnt let him.
Sun 03/03/02 at 21:30
Regular
Ben Hodgetts wrote:
champ
> manager 3 introduced a new interface over champ manager 2 and now champ manager
> 4 will introduce graphics for the first time.

What do you mean by graphics?
Sun 03/03/02 at 21:34
Regular
If you want a manager game that is equally as good as Champ Man get Ultimate Soccer Manager 98/99 (the only one theyve made). Its made by Sierra and can be found for as little as £5, sometimes less. Get it its just as good, it shows you the match, has some more features than CM (some missing), theres stuff that I cant think of now, just buy it.
Sun 03/03/02 at 21:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Joe Dark wrote:
> Ben Hodgetts wrote:
champ
> manager 3 introduced a new interface over
> champ manager 2 and now champ manager
> 4 will introduce graphics for the
> first time.

What do you mean by graphics?

----

You will actually see the players on a field this tiem instead of words. We'll see if it's any good.
Mon 04/03/02 at 21:06
Regular
I bet the loading times will be huge
Tue 05/03/02 at 08:18
Regular
"not dead"
I won something!

The Intertoto cup, with Man Utd after finishing 7th the previous season.

God I suck at this game.
Tue 05/03/02 at 09:51
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I've only played Champ Manager once. I started off as Exeter city, in the third division. I didn't score until my sixth game, and after eight straight losses I stopped playing.

Maybe I'll give it another go someday...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.