GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notable Wannabe's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/02/02 at 16:38
Regular
SR's blurb on the Notables and why there elected (found at http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/top_posters.php) states that:

"One new "Notable" is elected every three months, in respect of their contribution to making the Future of Gaming forum (in the Open Forums) a very special place."

Okay, I know it's only a bit of fun and basically means nothing, but let's take that statement at face value for a moment (albeit in the usual light-hearted spirit of the elections).

Without naming any names, I think that some of those campaigning are having a laugh if they think they deserve it.

So - if you are currently campaigning for votes, please take the time in this thread to explain what you think you have brought to the forums, what sets you apart from all the other run-of-the-mill Regulars, and why the hell we should vote for you.

C'mon - you want the votes... bloody work for them! :-)
Sat 16/02/02 at 00:53
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Your Honour wrote:
> I'll do the same, and re-state why I should be notable:

Becuase I'll keep
> doing exactly the same as I'm doing now.

>Done.

Bollards.

You'd occasionally make jokes about being a notable, just like the rest of us would ;)
Fri 15/02/02 at 23:51
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Your Honour wrote:
> I'll do the same, and re-state why I should be notable:

Becuase I'll keep
> doing exactly the same as I'm doing now.

Done.

Good to hear! I was going to pop your post too, but for some reason gave up! Ah well!

Sonic
Fri 15/02/02 at 23:42
Regular
I'll do the same, and re-state why I should be notable:

Becuase I'll keep doing exactly the same as I'm doing now.

Done.
Fri 15/02/02 at 23:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Just for those people who didn't take the time to read my post:

Although I don't think I'll stand a chance of winning these elections (simply because YH has been writting quality topics for ages, and Stryke is fast proving his love of gaming), I thought I'd just answer the topic anyway- I may not win, but I'll be happy with a few votes :)

So, why vote for me? Well, I'd like to think that anyone who did vote for me did so because they like what I'm doing at the moment. After all, being voted notable is meant to be recognition for contributions to the forums. So I'd hope that people who did vote for me liked my topics- although I don't have as many "jokey" topics as some, I do like to give informed judgement and predictions on a subject I love- gaming!

One more thing. I noticed that the definition of a notable was a sign of respect for doing good in the forums. But it should be more than that. Outside the forums I chat with loads of the members- I have 12 of them online at the moment. Quite a few members have their own sites devoted to gaming too- I can't for the life of me remember who exactly made the site, but "view and play" is looking very professional. These are the kinds of people who should be considered too. Ok, so I wouldn't vote for someone who did nothing in the sr forums but had their own site, but people who contribute lots in sr and outside deserve credit.

So, thankyou to anyone who does vote for me. But please, don't waste your vote. Don't waste for someone because you've been told to by a member of "the sony crew" unless you have actually read some topics buy the guy/gal you're voting for!

Sonic
Fri 15/02/02 at 23:35
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Congratulations to YH and Sonic, who are the only two people in over 80 message
> to actually pay attention to the initial topic and post a related reply!

The question is, did anyone read my truelly heartfelt post?

sonic
Fri 15/02/02 at 12:52
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
Liar - you're gagging for it.

Redefine "it" please, before I argue with that.

;-)
Fri 15/02/02 at 12:34
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Your Honour wrote:
> Don't know, don't care.

Liar - you're gagging for
> it.

young man!
Fri 15/02/02 at 12:15
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> Don't know, don't care.

Liar - you're gagging for it.
Fri 15/02/02 at 12:09
Regular
you're
> lucky i don't report this message for mentioning
> wrestling in fog.

Well good luck cause I didn't mention wrestling.
> Stephanie is a person, you know ? A human being ? She might be involved in the
> business, but that isn't just her character name, its her name outside the ring
> as well, so moan and whinge all you want.

I was only joking there is no rule about posting about wrestling, even if there should be.
Fri 15/02/02 at 12:01
Regular
mandatare wrote:
speaking of elections, when is it again, we must be close!

Don't know, don't care.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.