GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notable Wannabe's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/02/02 at 16:38
Regular
SR's blurb on the Notables and why there elected (found at http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/top_posters.php) states that:

"One new "Notable" is elected every three months, in respect of their contribution to making the Future of Gaming forum (in the Open Forums) a very special place."

Okay, I know it's only a bit of fun and basically means nothing, but let's take that statement at face value for a moment (albeit in the usual light-hearted spirit of the elections).

Without naming any names, I think that some of those campaigning are having a laugh if they think they deserve it.

So - if you are currently campaigning for votes, please take the time in this thread to explain what you think you have brought to the forums, what sets you apart from all the other run-of-the-mill Regulars, and why the hell we should vote for you.

C'mon - you want the votes... bloody work for them! :-)
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
i dont care whos noyable as long as it isnt Allardini.
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:52
Regular
I makes it special because:

1.) I'm very beardy, the resident forum beard.

2.) My stories rule

I'll think of some more later, when I can be bothered.
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Good call Wookieeee.

Anyone "campaigning" can do it here, giving reasons why you should join the musty ranks of elite posters.

Those that aren't campainging, argue amongst yourselves about which console is best and wether "touching boob" means you scored or not.
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:47
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
i havent campaigned once, so i might as well have the votes.
i make it special because i have the saddest human being in the forum, which makes everyone feel good about themselves.
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:46
Regular
So who are the deserving candidates, in you opinion, Wookiee?
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:45
Regular
"..."
Hmm, working for votes...just so I can have my name in that funny yellowish shade? Don't think i'll bother...
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've read that before and thought about all the people who wanna be notables. And I realised that the main people who post here regularly are the existing notables!
But you do see quite a few posts from people like Sonic Rav and a few other regulars who are running, but not enough that's actually 'making it much of a better place'. Well done to the current notables though, as you're doing the right job.
And no, i'm not running to be a notable, I come here even less than many people!
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:44
right the monster has spoken, he jas put his foot down
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:38
"High polygon count"
SR's blurb on the Notables and why there elected (found at http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/top_posters.php) states that:

"One new "Notable" is elected every three months, in respect of their contribution to making the Future of Gaming forum (in the Open Forums) a very special place."

Okay, I know it's only a bit of fun and basically means nothing, but let's take that statement at face value for a moment (albeit in the usual light-hearted spirit of the elections).

Without naming any names, I think that some of those campaigning are having a laugh if they think they deserve it.

So - if you are currently campaigning for votes, please take the time in this thread to explain what you think you have brought to the forums, what sets you apart from all the other run-of-the-mill Regulars, and why the hell we should vote for you.

C'mon - you want the votes... bloody work for them! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.