GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox sucks ... it's official... 2 !"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/02/02 at 17:26
Regular
Today i played an xbox , in toys r us , i had to wait a while to play it , and i say now that it was
NOT worth it !

first of all the controller...

as many have said it isn't very good , and im sticking with that exact statement. It is just too big for the human hand , even my dad thought it was too big (and he has big hands) , the hand grips have no shape to them , they are basically just 2 rounded prongs , with a couple of triggers on the back.

The joysticks are in the wrong place and so are the buttons , your fingers dont go out that far i tell ya' they just dont ! but the sticks do feel quite nice when you do move them, but the controller itself is nothing to compared to the Gamecube one (before someone says "how do you know" i have one ;-))

Next , the console itself...

To be honest it dosent look too bad , it may be a bit on the bulky side , and that bix X jewel does look a bit gobby , but it's ok. It's not the best looking console by any means , but it doesn't look as bad as many claim it too.

The games...

The main part of any console is the games.
Im being totally honest here when i say they are Krap.
First i had a go at project gotham , the cars look ok , but not much difference from GT3. The accelaration on them is so slow , and the cars are slow aswell , i was going down a straight , holding down the accelaration button completely ... ive seen faster vehicles on f-zero on the Gameboy advance for peets sake !

I had a quick go at amped , which i wasn't to impressed with...
The graphics are pretty good , but not ground braking , and also , when i crashed, when the guy went to get up , the game paused slightly while he was half way getting up , only suddenly , but enough to notice , then continued , which i wasn't impressed with. This happens on alot of games on the playstation , but i didn't expect it from the quote " MOST POWERFULL" unquote games console.

Then i had a go at Halo , if this is xbox's AAA title , then Goldeneye (on the n64) is a AAAA. It is no different to goldeneye or perfect dark ! The graphics are ment to be out of this world , which in the cut scenes they are , but during gameplay , they are just over rated, bog standard First person shooter graphics.

basically what i am trying to get accross here , is that xbox sucks ! simple , the control does nothing for the machine or the games , the games aren't exactly the best ever made , and that juddery thing on amped really showed that it is just a horizontal PC !
Maybe it will get better , but at the moment it is no different from any other console , i have yet to see what the gamecube can do (in front of me) which i should be able to do in a week or 2 , (i have the games , the memory card , an extra control and all the other bits and bobs , but no gamecube ;-( )

thanks.

(please dont say that what i said is a load of dogs dollop , coz i HAVE seen it , and it wasn't amazing to say the least.)
Sat 16/02/02 at 17:48
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .... it's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sat 16/02/02 at 14:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Basically the XBox will be destroyed by the GC overall in the console market.
Sat 16/02/02 at 13:44
x-box is a pile of poo
Sat 16/02/02 at 13:39
I agree with you that x-box is rubbish .It is to big and the controller is not a spot on gamecubes .Give me nintendo and gamecube anyday.
Wed 13/02/02 at 20:52
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
ok DD
Tue 12/02/02 at 23:32
Regular
"Back in black"
Well £300 for a few bricks really is not worth it! I saw one in game today, your could make a decent house out of a couple of Box's. And it crashes' whats' up wit dat'!!
Tue 12/02/02 at 23:21
GpotterUK wrote:
> How the **** can you say that the Gamecube controller is better than the
> XBox?

simple it is in my opinion (and numerous official press around the world even microsoft knwo its pants there bringing out a small one for japanese)

Just because you own a GC controller doesn't mean you know it is great.
> For all you know it might be crap when playing games with it. After all, you
> have only "seen" the GC in action, not played with it.

your a plum. i didnt say anywhere i owned a controller or a console. But i own
1 console
2 two (****ing two you numnuts) controllers :)
3 a memory card
4 five excellent launch titles

this means that i have more than "seen" the gamecube in action. I also work in a store with an x-box pod so ive seen that going once in a blue moon ''sarcasm included''
and gasp i have even tried it and held the controller

Please save
> your comments for AFTER you have played with it, not before.

youd better rethink that havent you

For the record,
> I own both an XBox and a Gamecube, and BOTH are superb consoles. XBox has got
> better support and more games. Gamecube has got less games, but are more fun
> and cartoony, just like always with Nintendo.

i agree with this and wouldnt have it any other way

Also, BOTH controllers are fine
> once you get used to them.

i imagine they are but the cube controller is the better designed if youd like i can supply many reasons why i think so.

i understand that upon writing your highly constructive critiscm you didnt know this so ill let you off but that shows you not to shoot first ask questions later....

p/s thanks indiany2k for backing us up
Tue 12/02/02 at 20:14
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
GpotterUK wrote:
> How the **** can you say that the Gamecube controller is better than the
> XBox?

Just because you own a GC controller doesn't mean you know it is great.
> For all you know it might be crap when playing games with it. After all, you
> have only "seen" the GC in action, not played with it.

Please save
> your comments for AFTER you have played with it, not before.

For the record,
> I own both an XBox and a Gamecube, and BOTH are superb consoles. XBox has got
> better support and more games. Gamecube has got less games, but are more fun
> and cartoony, just like always with Nintendo.

Also, BOTH controllers are fine
> once you get used to them.

first of all , DD owns a gamecube , and he has infact played the xbox , so i reckon his opinions are solid.
i also own a gamecube , and have played an xbox , the xbox games are ok , but nothing mind blowing , the xbox control sucks and the gamecube one rules !
also, the load times on the xbox are only just about the same as the ps2 , if not slower , which i was not impressed with. in response to what you said , the gamecube control is ace for playing games with and the xbox's isn't , it isn't confortable , and only the BFG could manage EASILY with it.
Tue 12/02/02 at 19:42
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Finally someone who shares my ideals! Shame he shares his name with a boy wizard :s

Sonic
Tue 12/02/02 at 19:37
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
How the **** can you say that the Gamecube controller is better than the XBox?

Just because you own a GC controller doesn't mean you know it is great. For all you know it might be crap when playing games with it. After all, you have only "seen" the GC in action, not played with it.

Please save your comments for AFTER you have played with it, not before.

For the record, I own both an XBox and a Gamecube, and BOTH are superb consoles. XBox has got better support and more games. Gamecube has got less games, but are more fun and cartoony, just like always with Nintendo.

Also, BOTH controllers are fine once you get used to them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.