GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox sucks ... it's official... 2 !"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/02/02 at 17:26
Regular
Today i played an xbox , in toys r us , i had to wait a while to play it , and i say now that it was
NOT worth it !

first of all the controller...

as many have said it isn't very good , and im sticking with that exact statement. It is just too big for the human hand , even my dad thought it was too big (and he has big hands) , the hand grips have no shape to them , they are basically just 2 rounded prongs , with a couple of triggers on the back.

The joysticks are in the wrong place and so are the buttons , your fingers dont go out that far i tell ya' they just dont ! but the sticks do feel quite nice when you do move them, but the controller itself is nothing to compared to the Gamecube one (before someone says "how do you know" i have one ;-))

Next , the console itself...

To be honest it dosent look too bad , it may be a bit on the bulky side , and that bix X jewel does look a bit gobby , but it's ok. It's not the best looking console by any means , but it doesn't look as bad as many claim it too.

The games...

The main part of any console is the games.
Im being totally honest here when i say they are Krap.
First i had a go at project gotham , the cars look ok , but not much difference from GT3. The accelaration on them is so slow , and the cars are slow aswell , i was going down a straight , holding down the accelaration button completely ... ive seen faster vehicles on f-zero on the Gameboy advance for peets sake !

I had a quick go at amped , which i wasn't to impressed with...
The graphics are pretty good , but not ground braking , and also , when i crashed, when the guy went to get up , the game paused slightly while he was half way getting up , only suddenly , but enough to notice , then continued , which i wasn't impressed with. This happens on alot of games on the playstation , but i didn't expect it from the quote " MOST POWERFULL" unquote games console.

Then i had a go at Halo , if this is xbox's AAA title , then Goldeneye (on the n64) is a AAAA. It is no different to goldeneye or perfect dark ! The graphics are ment to be out of this world , which in the cut scenes they are , but during gameplay , they are just over rated, bog standard First person shooter graphics.

basically what i am trying to get accross here , is that xbox sucks ! simple , the control does nothing for the machine or the games , the games aren't exactly the best ever made , and that juddery thing on amped really showed that it is just a horizontal PC !
Maybe it will get better , but at the moment it is no different from any other console , i have yet to see what the gamecube can do (in front of me) which i should be able to do in a week or 2 , (i have the games , the memory card , an extra control and all the other bits and bobs , but no gamecube ;-( )

thanks.

(please dont say that what i said is a load of dogs dollop , coz i HAVE seen it , and it wasn't amazing to say the least.)
Thu 21/03/02 at 13:46
Regular
The Xbox would probably suck if Microsoft put the cooling fan in backwards...

;-)
Thu 21/03/02 at 13:35
Regular
nah ur kool man, its just the people who diss the xbox for no reason! like loadsa people no there wrong when i say the xbox is prob better than ps2 and they say no!1 no! i hav had most consoles. I got the x box coz i like the games on it, sega are producin a lot of games. Sega are the koolest :D and i dont hav anythin against people who can say they prefer gc coz of the games, but sayin that x box cant compare to a gc is stoopid!!!! laters
Thu 21/03/02 at 13:31
Regular
"not dead"
punk_n_metaller wrote:
> I dont quite understand all of u GC people. I aint got anything against it, but
> if u fink X Box graphics are terrible??? is GC gonna be any better??? specs my
> friends, X Box is the most powerful etc.

Good points. The Xbox may well be the most powerfull, and there will be tons of decent games on the system, just like there are on the PS2.

It's short sighted to criticise the console just because it's a rival.

I'm getting a Gamecube, because I like a higher percentage of the games coming out for it than I do the other consoles, but at least I was able to make an informed choice.
Thu 21/03/02 at 13:27
Regular
I dont quite understand all of u GC people. I aint got anything against it, but if u fink X Box graphics are terrible??? is GC gonna be any better??? specs my friends, X Box is the most powerful etc. Its all about the ptential, and X Box has got HUGE. People who say X Box is **** are a) jealous b) microsoft haters or c) sheep. If you consider yurself a "gamer" u shudnt diss the xbox coz it is an awesum machine its obvious u cant take the truth that u no teh XBOX is the best console out!

Laters ninty boys/girls!
Wed 20/03/02 at 19:47
C'mon guys! Halo is cool, and MGS2 is gud. Saying xbox sucks would just make us one of those idiots who say 'my console is better that yours'. We know we like the better console, so keep an open mind, k?
Wed 20/03/02 at 07:12
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
Russell (RM18) wrote:
> c.u.later wrote:
> I agree with you

XBOX 2/10

G-cube
> 10/10

Xbox
>
> suuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkssssssss!!!!!!!!

succinctly put.

Wot the hell duz that meen, RM18?
Sun 03/03/02 at 11:20
Regular
c.u.later wrote:
> I agree with you

XBOX 2/10

G-cube 10/10

Xbox
> suuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkssssssss!!!!!!!!

succinctly put
Sun 03/03/02 at 09:40
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
I agree with you

XBOX 2/10

G-cube 10/10

Xbox suuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkssssssss!!!!!!!!
Tue 26/02/02 at 19:07
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
just saw it , gonna go read ;-)
Tue 26/02/02 at 19:01
Regular
Hey, Indian dude, me old spy mate, i've posted the second part of my story on FOG chat and PS1 AND PS2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.