GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/11/-1 at 00:00
Regular
but don't expect to become a better person or get anything more than entertainment from playing them.
Page:
Wed 03/05/00 at 21:21
romeo wrote:
> i would like to know if the game is good enough to N64 for and is
> there an more good game coming out.
Im not sure what you mean giving at least 2 important words are missing from lour message so:
It is good enough to N64 for and there is a more good game coming out,
there always is games like Goldeneye and Zelda are by far far far far far afraf5af56a88g betterif you want to buy the Stadium bundle save money and get Goldeneye
Thu 04/05/00 at 20:07
I agree. Pokémon yellow is far superior to red and blue. As well all the other stuff listed in the previous posting, the game actually has proper new features. If you hook up 2 yellow versions, then in versus mode you get different options. These are Poke cup, petit cup, and pika cup. These are like tornaments which are much better than 6 on 6 matches. I can't give exact details as I havn't actually done it (I can't find another person who has yellow version), but i read about it in a magazine. Yellow version has tonnes of additional stuff to red and blue and is far superior. PS, when is yellow version going to be able to be reviewed, i wanna do a big 'un on it.
Thu 04/05/00 at 21:50
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I havn't got any pokemon game, but I was wondering what the point is to the game, what can you achieve from it in the end??
Can you enter the pokemon league? I know that you can take on all the gym leaders for badges, but are the orange islands in the game? and can you do all the things that happen in the cartoon series or is it only half the fun?
Thu 04/05/00 at 21:56
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
this is the first turn based game out, if you can name one that isn't a crap sport game like tennis (which is a poor example) then if you don't like pokemon don't talk about pokemon!
Thu 11/05/00 at 15:01
i got the pokemon yellow version about 2 months back now on import. I also have red and blue versions. All i can say is that if you haven`t got red or blue yet then wait for yellow. But if you already have red or blue then dont buy yellow unless you can find someone to sell your old red or blue version to. The extra battle options basically even fights out as they only allow pokemon of certain levels to enter. If you`re a fan of pikachu ( i am although i dont believe for a minute that he is cute....he`s a real bad bwoy just puttin up a front i tell ya!!! ) then it`s great due to all the sampled speech....it`s not good quality but it adds SO much when u keep him by your side. And that is somthing i do - he`s been with me from start to finish.

Ferret Boy wrote:
> I agree. Pokémon yellow is far superior to red and blue. As well
> all the other stuff listed in the previous posting, the game
> actually has proper new features. If you hook up 2 yellow
> versions, then in versus mode you get different options. These are
> Poke cup, petit cup, and pika cup. These are like tornaments which
> are much better than 6 on 6 matches. I can't give exact details as
> I havn't actually done it (I can't find another person who has
> yellow version), but i read about it in a magazine. Yellow version
> has tonnes of additional stuff to red and blue and is far
> superior. PS, when is yellow version going to be able to be
> reviewed, i wanna do a big 'un on it.
Thu 11/05/00 at 20:55
PokémonBlue is just as good as red and nearly as good as yellow, it replaced the japanese version pokémon Green. Where are your messages. Surely someone out there bought Blue instead of Red. Please start sending messages to this forum.....please...
Thu 11/05/00 at 20:56
Choose Squirtle, Bulbasaur or Charmander (Get charmander because charizards way better then venusaur or blastoise)
Thu 11/05/00 at 20:57
Okay, so there isn't really a point in Pokémon. But it's a new game idea. It please lil kids.

Fogmaster wrote:
> I mean what happenes when you collect all 150 pokemon?
> when you complete goldeneye you save the world from total
> destruction, but with pokemon all you have is 150 balls with
> animals in! and what will you do with all your new found friends???
> sell them?, no you will get caught for selling without a licence!
> ok then, give them to proffessor oak?, no he doesn't have enough
> room or time to handle all 150 pokemon.
> hhhmmm well you could set them free, but then what is the point in
> that?
> I mean this is the best game to have ever reached the miniature
> screen of the gameboy and has touched many hearts as ash sets off
> on his adventures, but you don't feel that you have achieved
> something at the end of your 1,000 battles and 5,000 hours of
> staring at the gameboy screen with a stupid gawmless look on your
> face, I can't think of any benifits of this game except it is
> wicked when you challenge a mates crappy little charmander on a
> link cable and then fight him with a blastoise or some other huge
> pokemon!!
> but I rest my case saying that this IS most definatly the best
> gameboy game ever drempt up by the crazy japanese, until you
> finish the game and realise that you still have to find another 11
> pokemon off a mate or buy the other game which will cost another
> 20 of your hard earned pounds, But can you tell me that this is
> all worth the time you spend, hours on end gawping at the
> miniature screen rather than sitting outside in the sun with some
> mates!?
Sun 14/05/00 at 18:01
On some web sites I have found so-called cheats for all pokémon Gameboy games. The say that you can get Mew, Pikablu, Tokepi, Bills secret garden, etc without a cheat cart of any kind. I tried these cheats and they DID NOT WORK. So I e-mailed them to Nintendo OFFICIAL Magazine who said that none of these cheats are real and that you can only get Mew by downloading machines or by Cheat Cart. There is one cheat which does work though. If you press A as the pokéball explodes then let go after the second wobble then (if you timed it right) will get what ever pokémon you threw it at. Some need to be aslepp first like Mewtwo and Zapdos.
Sun 14/05/00 at 18:04
He has got eyes. Remember Pokémon is made by the Japanese. In the cartoon they always eat with chopsticks so maybe they made this character look Japanese by putting slits for eyes (no offence to any japanese out there)

Dave wrote:
> Go on, be honest, how many sleepless nights have you had thinking
> about this one then? Me?... Lots! I think it's just one of the
> unexplained mysteries of the universe that we're all just going to
> have to try and live with.
> That's enough of that!
> Another mystery is why on Earth do we all like this game so
> much? Who knows! Alright, I admit it, I worship this game, but I
> haven't a clue why! Surely it's just not me. But come to think of
> it, all that I have got out of this game, is many severe headaches
> and sprained eyes.
> So in conclusion, I think that this game is without a doubt,
> very, very, EVIL!!
> I've got to go, my eyes are starting to hurt again, chau!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.