GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/11/-1 at 00:00
Regular
but don't expect to become a better person or get anything more than entertainment from playing them.
Page:
Tue 30/11/-1 at 00:00
the game canít be up to much if it can only copy Pokemon. If Iím missing out any vital features that set this aside from Pokemon please do write in and let me kow.
Wed 09/02/00 at 19:35
i thought the combat would be real-time. If it's only turn based, then the graphics are the only real reason to buy it.
Tue 15/02/00 at 22:01
can you tell me if pokemon stadium is worth buying and could you tell me what you have to do
Sun 05/03/00 at 21:20
i would like to know if the game is good enough to N64 for and is there an more good game coming out.
Sat 08/04/00 at 17:26
N64_Fan wrote:
: i thought the combat would be real-time. If it's only turn based, then the graphics are the only real reason to buy it.

You are a bit of a moron really thinking that it would be in real-time, how would that work and you would lose that pokemon magic by making it real-time. The whole intention of buying the game is for the graphics.
Sun 09/04/00 at 11:28
pokemon are the most anoying craze scince, well, ever. The cartoon is jerky, the trading cards cost 25 pounds each and pokemon stadium, AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!
Mon 10/04/00 at 18:51
I agree
Mon 10/04/00 at 18:54
okay.............. pokemon are rubbish. game boy games are rubbish, but to mix the two, aaaahhhh! Pokemon stadium will be rubbish, turn based games went out of fashion ooh, lets see, 10 years ago? 20? Anyway if you like pokemon (i feel sorry for your deprived life) and still think we're in the 80's, buy this game NOW! If not, don't. Simple?

Thank you, TheBest
Thu 13/04/00 at 11:29
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
Pokemon Yellow is the latest game in Nintendo’s line-up of pokemon games. Following the success of Red and Blue they have released a game with the famous monster Pikachu.

The Red and Blue titles both resembled Red and Blue colour Pokemon. With the fire breathing dragon on the Red box and the cannon shooting Blastoise on the Blue. So now with Pokemon Yellow they have Pikachu who is Yellow and is the most famous of the pokemon.

This may be colour confusing but my point is that Nintendo are using the Pokemon. E.g. Pikachu, to sell a game where almost everything is the same as the two original games.

I can see it, little children shall run into a shop seeing Pokemon Yellow with the cute little Pikachu on the front and will bug their mums to get it for them even though they have the original Red or Blue game with the massive scary monster on the front. But once they get home they will be amazed by how little difference there is between their new game and their old, even though it comes out months afterwards and there is already two that are the same anyway.

So what is the difference, well to say the truth not much at all! Once you put in the game you can see it is aimed at Pikachu as he surfs up and down a wave. And the game is subtitled ‘Special Pikachu Edition’. The world is exactly the same with almost all the same people and buildings and all the same monster in all the same places. New things include some monsters posing in a different position when you battle them, people giving you original starting pokemon to make it easier and Pikachu follows you around when you are carrying him. Now wait a minute what was that last bit! Pikachu follows you around and you can turn around to see if he is in a good mood.

Q. How many of you who have Pokemon still have Pikachu in your six pokemon you can carry.

A. Well not me and no one else seems to. Although I did but took him out, as he was rubbish against Brock on the first city. And I later got Raichu instead.

And so after one city the main feature in Pokemon Yellow is disabled as he is not a good enough Pokemon to survive the journey or you evolve him. That’s it! no Mewtwo following you or any other monster but Pikachu.

So guys and girls do not be fooled for the cute Pikachu or the ‘New Release’ sign in your local store as it is not new or different in any way, its just easier with a few little useless extras. If you have not got Pokemon yet then get it but if you have wait for Gold and Silver versions at Christmas as they are totally different with 250 monsters and a new world. Or wait for new releases in the future because as the way things are going Nintendo won’t run out of colours for pokemon games.

And remember don’t be fooled this game isn’t any cuter, you will save 25 pounds!
Thu 13/04/00 at 19:12
Go on, be honest, how many sleepless nights have you had thinking about this one then? Me?... Lots! I think it's just one of the unexplained mysteries of the universe that we're all just going to have to try and live with.
That's enough of that!
Another mystery is why on Earth do we all like this game so much? Who knows! Alright, I admit it, I worship this game, but I haven't a clue why! Surely it's just not me. But come to think of it, all that I have got out of this game, is many severe headaches and sprained eyes.
So in conclusion, I think that this game is without a doubt, very, very, EVIL!!
I've got to go, my eyes are starting to hurt again, chau!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.