GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/11/-1 at 00:00
Regular
but don't expect to become a better person or get anything more than entertainment from playing them.
Page:
Wed 19/04/00 at 20:49
Gorylox wrote:
N64_Fan wrote:
: i thought the combat would be real-time. If it's only turn
based, then the graphics are the only real reason to buy it.

You are a bit of a moron really thinking that it would be in
real-time, how would that work and you would lose that pokemon
magic by making it real-time. The whole intention of buying the
game is for the graphics.

I agree with you saying pokemon stadium is good, as it is not real-time BUT it is not an improvement just because it has better graphics, for a start it has 9 fabulous MINI-games! It also has gym-leader castle, allowing you to fight all gym leaders again, with different Pokemon. It also has 4 "cups" and a different set of rules fo each one! It also allows up to 4 people to battle at a time in it's free battle mode. And it has the GB tower where you can play the original game on your N64!!!!!
Sun 23/04/00 at 21:13
It rules and if you need to know stuff on winning i ll lend a hand.
Its minted and pokemon critics dont know what they are missing.
Gamestere
@hotmail.com
Sun 23/04/00 at 21:24
you hate pokemon cause the the Japs made it.(i like it by the way)
Ok its a little corny at time but the Japs make soddin everything and they are mint(at making stuff), For example i bet you all love mobile phones.
Gamestere
@hotmail.com
Fri 28/04/00 at 21:19
I think Pokemon Stadium is a great game. Anybody who owns a 64 and likes pokemon should buy it. i definitely will when i get the money. The idea of turning an adventure game into a 3D turn-based battle game is a wicked idea.
Sat 29/04/00 at 14:34
Pokémon Yellow is a game of strategy which allows you to battle your Pocket Monsters (Pokémon) aggainst the artificial intelligence or against your friends via a game link cable.

It's got great new features which aren't in Pokémon Red or Blue. They are:

1. All the pokémon are much more detailed than the Red and Blue versions.

2. In the colour Gameboy the colours change: instead of just Red or just Blue, the pokémon are in full colour and the city colours change.

3. If you've ever watched the cartoon, you will notice that Ash is usually against Team Rocket in every episode. But they are'nt just wierd guys in black suits, they are Jesse and James "protecting the world from devistation...etc). They take the place of some of the Team Rocket guys using their pokemon: meowth, Ekans and Koffing who then evolve into Arbok and Weezing.

4. Yes Pikachu does follow you instead of staying inside his Pokéball. You can check his mood by facing him and pressing the A button. Also if you use him in battle he uses his own voice instead of a wierd roar.

5. You get given Bulbasaur, Charmander and squirtle if you complete certain stages of the game. This means that you don't have to trade with your friends via gamelink cable.

6. You are able to catch #83-Farfetch'd in the grassy areas which means he doesn't have a strange nickname and you can have as many as you like (if you have the patience to search for him as he appears very rarely).

7. The pokémon can learn different moves to the Red and Blue versions as Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam can learn Kinesis which isn't in Red and Blue versions.

8. If you use your Yellow cart on Pokémon Stadium on the N64 and beat Gym leaders castle, you can play a surfing game on the gameboy.

I have Pikachu in my main six and have trained him to level 100. It took a lot of time and patience but it was worth it. In the message I am replying to, it say's that pikachu is C*** (not in that wording) but I can beat all my friends with ease with just him and Mewtwo. He can even beat Rock type pokémon as I taught him Seismic Toss.

What I want to know is: Did you get it from the US as it isn't out in the UK till June which is stilla month away. I did and it was well worth spending my money on it.

If you don't like Pokémon then don't bother with yellow but if you're a fan like me then its a must.
Sun 30/04/00 at 20:37
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
can you only start with charmander or do'nt you get anything?
Sun 30/04/00 at 20:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
dave, I reckon he's a mole and uses some sonar to track everything!
Mon 01/05/00 at 13:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I mean what happenes when you collect all 150 pokemon?
when you complete goldeneye you save the world from total destruction, but with pokemon all you have is 150 balls with animals in! and what will you do with all your new found friends???
sell them?, no you will get caught for selling without a licence!
ok then, give them to proffessor oak?, no he doesn't have enough room or time to handle all 150 pokemon.
hhhmmm well you could set them free, but then what is the point in that?
I mean this is the best game to have ever reached the miniature screen of the gameboy and has touched many hearts as ash sets off on his adventures, but you don't feel that you have achieved something at the end of your 1,000 battles and 5,000 hours of staring at the gameboy screen with a stupid gawmless look on your face, I can't think of any benifits of this game except it is wicked when you challenge a mates crappy little charmander on a link cable and then fight him with a blastoise or some other huge pokemon!!
but I rest my case saying that this IS most definatly the best gameboy game ever drempt up by the crazy japanese, until you finish the game and realise that you still have to find another 11 pokemon off a mate or buy the other game which will cost another 20 of your hard earned pounds, But can you tell me that this is all worth the time you spend, hours on end gawping at the miniature screen rather than sitting outside in the sun with some mates!?
Mon 01/05/00 at 13:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I mean what happenes when you collect all 150 pokemon?
when you complete goldeneye you save the world from total destruction, but with pokemon all you have is 150 balls with animals in! and what will you do with all your new found friends???
sell them?, no you will get caught for selling without a licence!
ok then, give them to proffessor oak?, no he doesn't have enough room or time to handle all 150 pokemon.
hhhmmm well you could set them free, but then what is the point in that?
I mean this is the best game to have ever reached the miniature screen of the gameboy and has touched many hearts as ash sets off on his adventures, but you don't feel that you have achieved something at the end of your 1,000 battles and 5,000 hours of staring at the gameboy screen with a stupid gawmless look on your face, I can't think of any benifits of this game except it is wicked when you challenge a mates crappy little charmander on a link cable and then fight him with a blastoise or some other huge pokemon!!
but I rest my case saying that this IS most definatly the best gameboy game ever drempt up by the crazy japanese, until you finish the game and realise that you still have to find another 11 pokemon off a mate or buy the other game which will cost another 20 of your hard earned pounds, But can you tell me that this is all worth the time you spend, hours on end gawping at the miniature screen rather than sitting outside in the sun with some mates!?
Wed 03/05/00 at 21:12
matt wrote:
> can you tell me if pokemon stadium is worth buying and could you
> tell me what you have to do
I bought Stadium the day it came out as i am a big fan of the genre if you have the gameboy version it is definately worth getting it as you can play Pokemon red/blue on the big screen other wise Ł50 is a bit steep for a game however it is fun and with the sub games and many tournaments it should last a while im still playing it.
In Pokemon Stadium you basicly have to choose a squad of pokemon either from your gameboy game of you can rent them (but at lower levels) you then can either fight all of the Gym leaders from the gameboy or fight in a choice of four tournaments each with different level restrictions if you need a break from the battles there a nine sub games which provide a nice break.
To play Stadium you dont need a gameboy game it just unlocks other features like a pokemon lab.
if you have a gameboy game by defeating all of the Gym leaders you get a pokemon that is hard to get on the gameboy giving the game high replay value. Dont blame me if you dont like it!
Hope that helped (Gasp.....)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.