GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/11/-1 at 00:00
Regular
but don't expect to become a better person or get anything more than entertainment from playing them.
Page:
Sun 14/05/00 at 21:15
pokemon is pointless, but so is every other computer game. The point is to offer entertainment, and if collecting strange little creatures able to say their name in a strange high-pitched voice is your idea of fun then play it by all means. Do you actually save the world when playing Goldeneye? I don't think so. Likewise you don't win the world cup when playing FIFA, so what difference does it make what the objective of the game is. Pokemon should at least be commended for being a relatively new idea, or at the very least, a highly updated version of those 'tamagotchis' that were all the rage a few years back. I mean, Perfect Dark is just a better version of Goldeneye basically, isn't it, with a gun nicked from the film 'Eraser'. It really isn't that 'perfect' is it!
Games are fun, sure, but don't expect to become a better person or get anything more than entertainment from playing them.
Tue 16/05/00 at 19:16
I'm not a Pokemon fan. But I just couldn't resist this game! I kept coming back for more and more, it's so addictive!!! Especially 2 player mode with 6 pokemon versus 6 pokemon. Gengar rules, by the way. The career mode is great, and the 2 Player Mode is absolutely brilliant!! The graphics are good, commentary not annoying, and control is easy and fun. If your a Pokemon fan, buy it straight away, if you're not, rent it, and see what you think. I am a little disappointed that only Nintendo make Pokemon games. A good, fun game, but maybe a little repetitive.
Wed 17/05/00 at 15:35
I actually like Pokemon to a certain extent, but I mean those Pokemon cards are jus**t a rip off! I'm telling you, they're not worth the paper they're printed on!(although someone seems to think that the Charizard card is worth in the regions of Ł100, yeah, okay!)
I've played Pokemon red/blue and I think that they are really good and addictive. I seriously could play that for hours on end,even though I don't actually have the damn game. The game on the N64 is very good as well, pokemon s**tadium. Both games on the N64 and the gameboy are good because it isn't going to take you one day to complete, oh no! my friend is really good at computer games and it took him a whole three months to complete! well probably with alll that swapping you need to do'
I'm not really that suprised actually because of the size of the game and all of the special items that you can collect, you'll be there for ...AGES...which is a good thing because the las**t thing that you'd want is being able to complete the game in a few hours and not having any fun what so ever!! Which is what I think games is all about, that's why I don't like beat'em ups that much. I completed KI gold in a matter of minutes, easy!!
I don't think to highly on the cartoon. I think it's a load of sh*t really, I mean the movie is even worse!!The animation on that is total and utter crud, you'd of thought that their budget for the movie would be very high because of the such good sales they've been having in Japan and the res**t of the world over the pas**t year that they could of at leas**t made a decent watchable film. But oh no, they can't afford to even make the film look better than the actual TV series, and by God come to think of it, it is as well, aaaarrrhhhhhhgggggg!!!!!!!!!!!! well I don't watch it anyway so it doesn't make even the slightes**t difference to me at all, Which is a good thing I asure myself as I'm too old to be watching childish programs, but Sometimes you jus**t find yourself sitting in front of the TV watch it because 1. there is nothing else on 2. it seemed a good idea at that time (until your parents find out, and take the mick out of you!) 3. you jus**t cannot be bothered to change the channel even if the remote is right next to you, well, could you if you've jus**t been out at school for 9 hours! even worse, jus**t getting up in the morning is bad enough!!
Fri 19/05/00 at 14:04
hey there,
this is probably not new news but there is a pokemon that can be found by surfing up and down Cinabar island called MISSINGNO. this is a glitch in the game that can cause loads of damage to your game if you save. Though seeing him can duplicate some pokemon or give you 199 of one item, it will scramble the PC on the game making some or even all your pokemon dissapear, and possibly riin your items.
DO NOT try to capture him or save the game if you see/capture.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Sat 20/05/00 at 09:35
Edgy wrote:
> PokémonBlue is just as good as red and nearly as good as yellow,
> it replaced the japanese version pokémon Green. Where are your
> messages. Surely someone out there bought Blue instead of Red.
> Please start sending messages to this forum.....please...
I bought Pokemon Blue. It's better than Red but not better than Yellow
Sat 20/05/00 at 12:03
I expect none of you know that if you link up 2 yellow gameboy games you can enter the poke cup by choosing collesseum2. You can enter 3 pokemon level 50-55 providing the levels don't go over 155 altogether,or the pika cup levels 15-20 no more than 50 or the petit cup levels 25-30 no more than 80!
Also, soon a special SURFING PIKACHU! is to be given out so when you go to fuschia city a new house is there and a person called dude,asks you if you want to surf,say yes and you and surfing pikachu can ride the waves! You can't find him in the game! So there!
Happy trying/waiting and exploring!
Sat 20/05/00 at 12:06
Edgy wrote:
> On some web sites I have found so-called cheats for all pokémon
> Gameboy games. The say that you can get Mew, Pikablu, Tokepi,
> Bills secret garden, etc without a cheat cart of any kind. I tried
> these cheats and they DID NOT WORK. So I e-mailed them to Nintendo
> OFFICIAL Magazine who said that none of these cheats are real and
> that you can only get Mew by downloading machines or by Cheat
> Cart. There is one cheat which does work though. If you press A as
> the pokéball explodes then let go after the second wobble then (if
> you timed it right) will get what ever pokémon you threw it at.
> Some need to be aslepp first like Mewtwo and Zapdos.

I was being told this and if you want a mew now,go to blue water shopping centre kent on saturday 27th may where the game makers will be downloading mews onto your gameboys!
Go catch em!
Sat 20/05/00 at 12:13
i got pokemon blue and it's cool! Go to the guy that tells you how to catch pokemon listen to him,then fly to cinnabar island. Go to the top right hand corner to the strip of sea.Surf half on land half in water,until you find a missingo.Check you have something like great balls,rare candy etc in 6th place.Run from missingo and you'll find you'll have unlimited of that item!!!COOL!
Sat 20/05/00 at 21:28
Thats old news. To get surfing Pikachu you need to complete one of the Round 2 cups in the Pokémon Stadium on the N64. You can do the same cups that are in Pokémon yellow on Blue and Red if you got a transfer pack and an N64. Just go to the free battle stadium and choose what type of battle you want like Pokécup rules, etc
Sun 21/05/00 at 14:02
I have completed Pokemon Blue and have most of the Pokemon. Would Pokemon Stadium give me more to do?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.