GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deleted threads"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/08/07 at 03:49
Regular
It's so sad that Machie's threads are being deleted all over the forums.. They really generated a lot of posts, even if they're not the kind that some particular individuals would prefer to see. They make this place fun to just come and be random.. not so damn serious like pretentious literary prize winners and whatnots.. Maybe not everyone comes here to write a dissertation on how they're schizophrenic and wanting all the attention by spewing their emo guts out for a GAD. Maybe not everyone comes here to post an epic masterpiece of a short story or a review or a cheat or walkthrough. Maybe not everyone here is into wrestling or even into video games!

Maybe some people like to come here for the sheer helluvit, to just see their online friends and say hey.. or just post what they're eating or the song their listening to at the moment, or an occassional rant on the inequities of society (or the office..).

I'd hardly call these threads forum killers when they've sustained this place with more posts than any of the other threads posted.

Please don't censor the forums.
Sat 25/08/07 at 21:54
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Very_Metal wrote:
> the saddest part is that (as far as i understand) you`re in your
> mid 30`s; i`m 27 and can scarcely believe i`m having this
> exchange, not least with someone older than me. the only reason
> i`m dignifying any of your posts with a response is because i AM
> 27 and i know full well that i don`t have to take it - here OR in
> life.

Surely by the age of 27 you should have learned that you dont deal with attention seekers by giving them more attention. :)
Sat 25/08/07 at 21:24
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> look over the other threads and you`ll be
> amazed how many are getting by just fine without any ructions.
> curiously, they`re the ones you`ve stayed out of. baffling.
>

Funny, the other day this pummelling from you boys accounted for over 200 posts here.. more posts this place has seen in over a month. Not that I prefer being your emotional punching bag, but maybe what this place lacks is a jolting prod of controversy up it's a**e to generate a good flow. I'm glad to oblige, but can we let up with the "I hate Ladybird" fest already? I get it and rest assured I don't think kindly about you PM crew either. How I wish they'd unban your crypt, so you can you'd scat back yonder.. We were a kind people here at Freeola before you decided to reinfest. Come to think of it, we had a decent flow of daily posts then too.

> actually, y`know what? sod it, "everyone is an a$$ except
> for you",

Today, you're standing out above all of them. :) *cheers*

>
Sat 25/08/07 at 19:46
Regular
Oh kids, be nice to one another :(
Sat 25/08/07 at 19:43
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Ladybird wrote:
> If anything this thread validates for me [sic], is that I am certainly
> an a$$h01@ magnet.

you seem to have added the word "magnet" by mistake.

maybe if all the issues involve you, it`s not everyone else that`s the problem. look over the other threads and you`ll be amazed how many are getting by just fine without any ructions. curiously, they`re the ones you`ve stayed out of. baffling.

actually, y`know what? sod it, "everyone is an a$$ except for you", that`s clearly the only way you`re capable of looking at things.

the saddest part is that (as far as i understand) you`re in your mid 30`s; i`m 27 and can scarcely believe i`m having this exchange, not least with someone older than me. the only reason i`m dignifying any of your posts with a response is because i AM 27 and i know full well that i don`t have to take it - here OR in life.
Sat 25/08/07 at 19:27
Regular
If anything this thread validates for me, is that I am certainly an a$$h01@ magnet. I've always had a niche in rounding up the SR/Freeola raffians and I seem to have successfully done it single-handedly in just this one thread. Behold. *blows smokin' guns* Looky thar, I've even drawn out a sleeper.. go me.

Hi Panda ;) Meh lahv you loong tyme.
Fri 24/08/07 at 11:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> I don't think it was either staff mods or user mods, it was just
> Machie editing their titles to 'Delete Thread' after someone in
> Tony's topic said they were 'forum killers'.

I see.

Oh well. Off again. Have a good one.
Fri 24/08/07 at 10:56
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> So it's actual staff moderators deleting threads? Threads that
> for better or worse, contribute to keep a dying forum alive?
> That's insane IMHO. As long as it's not spam, pretty much
> anything should go. :D

I don't think it was either staff mods or user mods, it was just Machie editing their titles to 'Delete Thread' after someone in Tony's topic said they were 'forum killers'.
Fri 24/08/07 at 08:52
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Alfonse wrote:
> You guys should lay off the Birdster, she's a'ight.
>
> :P

You must have missed every single one of her posts, ever. :D
Fri 24/08/07 at 08:48
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
tnc wrote:
> Mods don't have the power to delete threads, only to edit them
> and delete posts. From the buttons I have, anyway.
>
> Who guards the guards themselves? Is that it or does my
> Latin escape me?

Pretty much. Just re-read Watchmen and found it relevant.

So it's actual staff moderators deleting threads? Threads that for better or worse, contribute to keep a dying forum alive? That's insane IMHO. As long as it's not spam, pretty much anything should go. :D
Fri 24/08/07 at 08:21
Regular
Mods don't have the power to delete threads, only to edit them and delete posts. From the buttons I have, anyway.

Who guards the guards themselves? Is that it or does my Latin escape me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.