GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Random Facts About Me Game "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/02/12 at 09:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
The totally unofficial ‘Freeola forums random fact about me game’.

To play the game forum members take it in turn to list 10 random facts about themselves, some must be true others total fabrications. Once a list as been submitted other members simply submit which they believe to be true and which they think are false. Whoever guesses the most correctly gets to go next, lists are only valid for 24 hours from posting. The 24 hour rule is automatically overruled if the poster spots an entry in which someone has guessed all 10 ‘facts’ correctly.

The (very loose) rules are:

Facts must be things fairly unusual not ‘I usually take the bus to work’ kind of thing. But not ridiculous either, none of this ‘I went to the moon and it was made of cheese’ stuff.

Each member can only submit 1 list but they can still continue to guess other peoples lists and I will attempt to keep some kind of championship board.

Each member can only guess once for each list and answers must be submitted under a ‘spoiler’ tag.

There must be a mix of true and false ‘facts’ (no all true or all false).

If 2 or more people get the same amount correct, whoever posted first gets to go next.

Think that’s about it really.

Right, think that’s pretty straightforward. Hope this gets more entries than this years MotoGP fantasy league!

******RULES UPDATE******

Whoever is heading the leaderboard on 1/03/02 can now claim the award kindly given by Freeola for this thread. In the event of a tie I will post a final 10 'facts' to decide to winner on this date, if its me in the final 2 then I will ask another forum member (who doesn't know either of us in person) to do this. As with yesterday when we had the same number of people getting the number of guesses correct each get a championship point. Hope this gets some activity going over the next 14 days as anyone has a genuine chance to win.

Best of luck everyone.

****Final Leaderboard: ****

*******Champion*******
1. ****Butch 6****

2. ****Dragonlance 2****
2. ****pb 2****
2. ****Pete 2****
2. ****Machie 2****
3. ****Emmie 1****

Show Spoiler
Tue 28/02/12 at 20:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Butch wrote:
Now just to decide what to pick for my first ever GAD prize...

Sorry I'm late Butch, but congratulations - a thoroughly deserved win :¬)
Tue 28/02/12 at 08:40
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Cheers fellas, 'twas all luck really. That and common sense and playing the odds. Disappointed I did so badly at Nin's questions though.

Now just to decide what to pick for my first ever GAD prize...
Tue 28/02/12 at 08:31
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well done Butch. You know too much about me for my liking. I'm going to start checking the bushes outside my house.
Tue 28/02/12 at 07:59
"possibly impossible"
Well done Butch. I think the word is 'Trounced'.
Tue 28/02/12 at 06:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
Some say he is able to read minds, others believe that his powers of separating the facts from the fiction are bordering on superhuman. Whatever your beliefs may be there is little doubt that one certain Seat Ibiza driving mate of an X Factor winner has now triumphed in a pretty big competition himself. He has succeeded where only a select few staffies have done so before. He has joined the most elite circle of winners known on these forums. He may not have submitted a tonne of cheats or written a review Charles Dickens would have been proud of but he is still the ‘Freeola Random Facts About Me Champion’ and winner of the prestigious GAD award that goes hand in hand with this illustrious title.

Well done Butch, you totally kicked our collective butts on this game. Enjoy your thoroughly deserved win :)

@Dean Please could you arrange for Butch to claim the prize kindly allocated to this thread?, thanks.

Big thanks to all who participated, hope everyone had fun on this.
Tue 28/02/12 at 00:59
Regular
Nin wrote:

10.I dumped a girl when she told me her favourite film ever was Avatar
Show Spoiler
[/i]

My man
Tue 28/02/12 at 00:43
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pb - 1
DL - 2
Pete - 4
Butch - 4

If question 8 stands then it's a draw. If 8 is void Butch wins 4-3.
Mon 27/02/12 at 20:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
Thanks very much for that Nin, really appreciated. I've just done a quick recce of your answers (probably the hardest list to guess of them all TBH) and I reckon Butch & I tied with 4 correct each. If you agree then this has surely handed him an unassailable lead in the game.

TBH pete ... Mystic Meg has the 'game' :¬)
Mon 27/02/12 at 20:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I went with #3 as true as it's my sister's and nephew's birthday! Does this mean that your girlfriend is either my sister or my nephew?
Mon 27/02/12 at 18:49
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks very much for that Nin, really appreciated. I've just done a quick recce of your answers (probably the hardest list to guess of them all TBH) and I reckon Butch & I tied with 4 correct each. If you agree then this has surely handed him an unassailable lead in the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.