GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alright, who wants to help make a game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 20:44
Regular
Swordspines Entertainment, Grix's Company, are branching out into GBA software, and are currently trying to recruit potential young talent for work on new titles.

We're looking for people who possess any of the following skills:

1) Programming
Any language, but you may need to learn new ones - especially if you don't happen to know C++ already ;)

2) Graphical design
Must be good with 2D graphics, and/or animation

3) Sound Artists
Able to make nice tunes and sound effects. Obviously.

4) Designers.
Level designers/game designers. Must be creative, and know what makes a good game. Applicants for this post will be vetted by Grix (hehe).

5) Testers.
Must be able to play games. Need two hands, and/or telekenisis. Must be able to give good feedback.

6) Miscellaneous
If you think you've got skills which might be helpful, and they're not listed above, just let us know what you can do.

Chuck your name in here if you're interested in this:

http://viewandplay.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

Or reply to this topic, of course...
Sat 02/02/02 at 16:14
Regular
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:

"He is a partner in the site. Therefore, has possession."

Is not what I thought.

I have/had nothing to do with any single thing about the site, that is all work of other people, which can be read about at the site. I'm only the administrator of the Development forum, which Mr Nice Guy has put up especially for this, and very thankful I am too.
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:49
Regular
Is this View and Play Mr Nice Guys site.

Very good. I like the lay out and the style.
I should've come across it earlier.

All the best of Grix's old chat rooms with those gay pop-up adverts.

Nice one Nice Guy (and Grix if he was partially involved...)
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:33
Regular
"Wasting away"
slave2games wrote:
You can't do that. I have no objections with you advertising it, but denying you have any hold on the site afterwards is stoopid.

He is a partner in the site. Therefore, has possession.
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:30
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
You can't do that. I have no objections with you advertising it, but denying you have any hold on the site afterwards is stoopid.
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:30
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I'm planning on doing a university degree in programming and am good at lateral thinking, I do maths at A Level

If you are planning on making a shooting game I might be able to help on the thinking and the ideas side. I've played most shooting games and I know what makes a good one. Shame you didn't ask in two years time I might have been a bit more helpful :/
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:27
Regular
Why should I stop? It's not trying to compete with anything, it's just making it easier to post.
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:05
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Thanks, yeah, lovely. Not my site.

I know it's not your site. But while we are on the subject, stop trying to advertise it so much if that's the case
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:02
Regular
Thanks, yeah, lovely. Not my site.
Sat 02/02/02 at 14:57
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
The best part of that site I've been to so far, isthe Nintendo one. That actually has stuff which you'd like to read; howeve, I'm not saying that the rest is plop, bacause I aven't been around the site much, looking and what-not
Sat 02/02/02 at 14:52
Regular
The polls are only joke polls, which I do in all my topics. They ARE actual topics, however.

And that forum is the message board, feel free to use it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.