GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alright, who wants to help make a game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 20:44
Regular
Swordspines Entertainment, Grix's Company, are branching out into GBA software, and are currently trying to recruit potential young talent for work on new titles.

We're looking for people who possess any of the following skills:

1) Programming
Any language, but you may need to learn new ones - especially if you don't happen to know C++ already ;)

2) Graphical design
Must be good with 2D graphics, and/or animation

3) Sound Artists
Able to make nice tunes and sound effects. Obviously.

4) Designers.
Level designers/game designers. Must be creative, and know what makes a good game. Applicants for this post will be vetted by Grix (hehe).

5) Testers.
Must be able to play games. Need two hands, and/or telekenisis. Must be able to give good feedback.

6) Miscellaneous
If you think you've got skills which might be helpful, and they're not listed above, just let us know what you can do.

Chuck your name in here if you're interested in this:

http://viewandplay.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

Or reply to this topic, of course...
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:13
Regular
I already do 2-D graphics for the group that I'm in.
I'd love to help you but I'm only 15
Sun 03/02/02 at 09:54
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
I want to help :D.
Sat 02/02/02 at 22:37
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Ok, chuck your names down in the view&play forums then. We'll start sorting out who is going to be in the team in the next day or two.... whenever Grix is next online.

Would've been today, but I wasn't around. And in the hunover state I was in, I wouldn't have been much use anyway ;)

Anyone who wants to help program this game, should give me a shout on MSN

[email protected]

One final thing. This is a commitment you're making, and it's not going to work if you're not going to be able to set aside enough time for it. We're not going to be chasing any of you up about this, because the idea is that if you really want to do it, you'll make the effort yourselves.
Sat 02/02/02 at 20:40
I have a large amount of graphics experience, especially since I adapted from a community that moulds this talent.

Although, at the moment, far too busy.
Sat 02/02/02 at 20:25
Regular
"..."
I'm a pretty decent C++ programmer...although I still have a lot to learn, anyway, i'm deffo interested...
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hehe, me a tester.

And remember, need any decent plot lines, I'm your man. {:)
Sat 02/02/02 at 17:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
How'd I miss this?

I AM MUSIC

ME ME ME

I have a electric and acoustic guitar and keyboard and I just rule...

And I can make noises like ARGHOOOWAH or *bing bling*

Righto
Sat 02/02/02 at 17:14
anything I can do then???
Sat 02/02/02 at 17:06
Regular
"everyone says it"
Silent85 wrote:
> I am good at making wierd tunes and I am taking my GCSE Music exam in may I
> might be helpful to be a sound technition etc

All strange noises shall be done by me.
Sat 02/02/02 at 17:05
I am good at making wierd tunes and I am taking my GCSE Music exam in may I might be helpful to be a sound technition etc

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.