GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alright, who wants to help make a game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 20:44
Regular
Swordspines Entertainment, Grix's Company, are branching out into GBA software, and are currently trying to recruit potential young talent for work on new titles.

We're looking for people who possess any of the following skills:

1) Programming
Any language, but you may need to learn new ones - especially if you don't happen to know C++ already ;)

2) Graphical design
Must be good with 2D graphics, and/or animation

3) Sound Artists
Able to make nice tunes and sound effects. Obviously.

4) Designers.
Level designers/game designers. Must be creative, and know what makes a good game. Applicants for this post will be vetted by Grix (hehe).

5) Testers.
Must be able to play games. Need two hands, and/or telekenisis. Must be able to give good feedback.

6) Miscellaneous
If you think you've got skills which might be helpful, and they're not listed above, just let us know what you can do.

Chuck your name in here if you're interested in this:

http://viewandplay.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

Or reply to this topic, of course...
Mon 04/02/02 at 22:19
Regular
Yup, everything you need to know is on that site. Venom will talk to you about programming soon, Delta.

Oh yes he will. :0)
Mon 04/02/02 at 21:58
Regular
Delta, you can apply for programming if you want.
You'll be about as useful as me (!:-D) but you'll be likely to learn a fair bit too.

Go to www.viewandplay.co.uk for details and get SAMS (SAMS is the publisher) "Learn C++ in 21 days" (I think that our schools use the Visual Basic equivilant).

Venombyte's found a GBA compiler. See the site for details!
Mon 04/02/02 at 20:38
I know this is seriously late, but I'd like to apply to be a tester. I would consider helping in programming, but my knowledge in C++ is severely limited. Thanks.
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:48
Regular
err, Grix, plese could you supply me with your e-mail or something so I can send you some sample graghics, you'll find my e-mail at that veiwandplay place in the topic of graphical designers. Cheers
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:14
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Grix Thraves wrote:
For other applications, please check
> the topics that are about to be made in viewandplay.co.uk, the development
> forums.

I smell a contestant to SR here! It's a parallel universe! They've even made a WLT with a prize given away for the 1,000th post on it, just like SR. Heh - Tom's a genius!
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:03
Regular
"smile, it's free"
http://viewandplay.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

Everyone who's involved should now be using those forums for their comments and queries regarding this project, not this thread. We need you all on one place.
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:42
Regular
Maths runs hand in hand with programming.
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:29
Regular
Aha, but how many people do you know with a grasp of mathematics?? Dunno? Well, that might be a decent thing to look for too ;)
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:28
Regular
As testing is a part that will not be needed for a long time, the applicants for testing will be chosen at a later date.

For other applications, please check the topics that are about to be made in viewandplay.co.uk, the development forums.
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:22
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
VenomByte wrote:
> Ok, chuck your names down in the view&play forums then. We'll start sorting
> out who is going to be in the team in the next day or two.... whenever Grix is
> next online.

Heh, I kinda went literall on that - check out the General Chat forum on View & Play, or check out this link:

http://www.viewandplay.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=172

:D Discuss...(on V&P!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.