GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games You Can't Complete?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/01/03 at 21:59
Regular
This should quite interesting!

Post a list of games that you own/have owned and the reasons why you haven't been able to complete them?

I find that I get quite a few games that I never complete!

Here's a few of mine:

Resident Evil - Yes, I got scared! I met my first Crimson Head and screamed as it chased me around the room, having 2 dogs jump through the window was just the icing on the cake for me! I want to play it but I'm too scared!

Super Monkey Ball - This game is sooooo hard! I've completed expert mode but I can't get anywhere near unlocking master mode! (damn you Cookie!) I tried again tonight, and failed miserably...

The Sims - Yeah, can you actually complete it?
Fri 10/01/03 at 18:55
"period drama"
I don't think I've ever not finished a game. But, then again, I'm a games perfectinist - always go for the 100%.
I really cannot think of a game I've given up on.

Ah well, must just be my superior gaming skills.
Fri 10/01/03 at 18:51
Regular
DreamWarBird wrote:
> Grandia 2
> Skies of Arcada
>
> Just cause im stuck on a boss, and cant be bothered to spend another
> hour battling then losing.

FOOL

You WILL play Skies of Arcadia through to the end!

You haven't lived untill you've fought Ramirez in all his glory.

*Silver Nightmare*

ohhh yes
Fri 10/01/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I almost never complete games, I either get bored, or stuck (I'm rather crap you see).

I only seem to complete RPGs, don't think I've EVER finished a FPS, and I hate sports games. I recall finishing Freespace 1 and 2, but that was quite a while back. And I generally play strategy games like Civ etc, rather than real time ones so there are no campaigns to do.

So, mmm.
Fri 10/01/03 at 17:53
"The Will of D."
The only game hat I haven't finished was the Conker game for the GBC.
I got to the very end part where you have to escape from the cave that is full of traps in un under 5 minutes. The problem is that I only have 3 hearts when I start up the game.
Fri 10/01/03 at 17:14
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
You wimp, go play resi now! Its easy!

Games I havent finsihed, yikes theres a lot.

Little big adventure 2 on the PC, a real oldie that I got to the final boss on. At this point the computer crashed losing all data and saved games and cant complete it again because I lost the disk.

Half Life: The final boss was impossible. End of story.

Commandos I: The last level was just too hard for me.

Eternal Darkness: I couldnt finish it because I took it back to the shop because it is poor.
Fri 10/01/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Smerc wrote:
> I have completed all of my games except Hitman 2:silent Assassin as I
> haven't had it that long.

Although that game is very good, I completed it in 3 days!
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
Solskjær wrote:

> I'd could give you a whole-list of all the FPS's I've played, but not
> one of them have I been able to complete!
> Nope, not even Agent Mode on Perfect Dark OR GoldenEye!

That's a sick joke.....right?

I haven't been able to complete Eternal Darkness. Got to the chapter with the guy who has to check out how stable the structure is or something, couldn't find one of the Runes to cast the spell to make Zombies and haven't played it since.

I'm pretty sure I know how to do it now but I really can't be bothered. The game started out really well but I just can't be bothered will all the stupid magic spells and stuff.
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
First-person shooters!

I'd could give you a whole-list of all the FPS's I've played, but not one of them have I been able to complete!
Nope, not even Agent Mode on Perfect Dark OR GoldenEye!

There was Doom and Wolfenstein 3-D on the PC...
Perfect Dark and GoldenEye on the N64...
And even on my GameCube I currently have TimeSplitters 2 and Die Hard: Vendetta but I want to complete, but I'm just not "great" at games like this. And as for Agent Under Fire... Why would I want to complete such an adysmal game??!

But I love to get through my RPG's, just like I have done with both Shenmue games, and Zelda: Ocarina of Time during the last 8 months-or-so.

There were a few N64 games like Donkey Kong 64 that I got so-bored with that I just couldn't be bothered. Jet Force Gemini's a very tough game too. And I just got stuck on Conker's Bad Fur Day a few months back and haven't touched it since!
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:14
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Grandia 2
Skies of Arcada

Just cause im stuck on a boss, and cant be bothered to spend another hour battling then losing.
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:01
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Super Monkey Ball in Hard mode took me a long time before giving up when I still had a quarter of it left. Those puzzles are impossible!!!! Super Monkey Ball2 is harder in some ways but still has the overall EXTREMELY DIFFICULT hard mode.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.