GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flash 5 help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/01/02 at 19:36
Regular
ok, i'm making a flash website, I don't want to have to use urls, well, just one - the website domain.

anyway, i've made all the pages, but......how do I make it in one movie clip???? I want to be able to use it offline if you know what I mean, so i can click on a button and it takes the user to another page????
Tue 05/02/02 at 07:41
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> is 100 the highest quality .jpg?

For compression, yes, but for resolutoon which is slightly different, no... If you go Image>Adjust>Image Size> (Or just right click onthe top bar of the image window) You can change the image resolution buy using the lower box. Web JPEGS/GIFS out put at 72dpi, print, anywhere from 200 - 600dpi. The higer the res, the larger the file, but the esier it is to edit. You can always scale the resolution down after you have finished playing with it so you can use it on screen.
Tue 05/02/02 at 07:39
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> If that works, YOUR A GOD,

I wouldn't go that far...:-)

>can't wait, also the pictures in .gif can I save it as a high res .jpg and change it??? I think your answer will be no, but i'll ask anyway.

Your right, the answer is no. As soon as an image has been indexed into GIF format, you cannot scale or change the resolution without distoring the image.

>i'd ask you these questions on msn, but your either never on, or you've blocked me :p

Haven't been on there for a couple of days, and probably, thanks to our MIS boys, won'[t be able ot after this week as they are installing a new software package called "WebSense" to stop us from surfing during work!! Don't worry though, there are always ways around this!:-)
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:15
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
is 100 the highest quality .jpg?
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:09
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
If that works, YOUR A GOD, can't wait, also the pictures in .gif can I save it as a high res .jpg and change it??? I think your answer will be no, but i'll ask anyway.

i'd ask you these questions on msn, but your either never on, or you've blocked me :p

I should have some more questions soon, but Bruce is being very kind and looking at my Flash file, so none at the moment.
Mon 04/02/02 at 13:08
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> (using photoshop 5.5)ok, i've got an image of a car, and I wan to change it's colour, not completely, maybe just the wing mirrors or the bonnet, how do i do this without:loosing the car's colour tones (e.g. fading from green to white - sunlight on the car)

This will depend mainly on the image quality, if it's been pre-gifed or web based JPEG then you can forget it, if not and it's in a high res format, there are several options...

Marquee the areas you want to change and use the image>adjust>hue-Saturation or image>adjust>Curves and play untill youhave the colours you want or, Marquee the same and use the gradient tool with the layer set to either SCREEN, OVERLAY or TINT...

Any further questions, just ask.
Mon 04/02/02 at 12:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
cool, works nicely, tooka bit of experimenting before it worked, I must have missed something...anyway onto my next question :D

(using photoshop 5.5)ok, i've got an image of a car, and I wan to change it's colour, not completely, maybe just the wing mirrors or the bonnet, how do i do this without:
loosing the car's colour tones (e.g. fading from green to white - sunlight on the car)
the car can be found here: http://www.gelboy.8k.com/photo.html

thankyou for your time.
Mon 04/02/02 at 07:59
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> Thankyou very much, i'll try it in a tick.
i've now got another question, it's
> for Photoshop, how do I make a two tone image, e.g. white and...pink, I remeber
> Tyla was helping someone out a few weeks ago, but I couldn't find the topic,
> thanks for your help on the fading :)

Create the image as either CMYK or RGB then convert it to Multi Channel... delete one of the channels (or two) to leave you with two coloured channels, then go layer, properties and change the colour of each channel to the coulours you want... Other wise... Create the image as a duotone.... If that was unclear, let me mknow and I'll explain it a bit better.:-)
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:17
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Thankyou very much, i'll try it in a tick.
i've now got another question, it's for Photoshop, how do I make a two tone image, e.g. white and...pink, I remeber Tyla was helping someone out a few weeks ago, but I couldn't find the topic, thanks for your help on the fading :)
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:14
Regular
"Wasting away"
Ok. Make the image a symbol. You then, go into your windows panel and choose Effect. You then select Tint or Brghtness and change it to your wish, going up to 100% results in it being invisible. Make the frames motion tweens and then it will gradually fade - depending on how far apart each frame is.
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Motion (I think) tween it from 100% opacity to 0% opacity. Simple.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.