GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flash 5 help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/01/02 at 19:36
Regular
ok, i'm making a flash website, I don't want to have to use urls, well, just one - the website domain.

anyway, i've made all the pages, but......how do I make it in one movie clip???? I want to be able to use it offline if you know what I mean, so i can click on a button and it takes the user to another page????
Wed 06/02/02 at 17:07
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
sorry: Flashplanet>Tutorials>>LEVEL 2 MEDIUM>>Advanced 3d Objects 2.0 (view)

thanks for your help.
Wed 06/02/02 at 17:05
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
the tutorials on http://www.flashplanet.com (Flash planet>Tutorials>LEVEL 1 EASY>Motion Tweening), but theres no other url, as for some reason it doesn't give one.

you can try it yourself :) draw a very simple circle, turn it into a graphic highlight the whole image and scale it, it then looks like it's turning.

the only problem is, when it gets to the centre and starts going back, it is actually going back, so when I preview it, it looks like it's bouncing back or just rewinding not spinning.
Wed 06/02/02 at 10:31
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Are you just trying to spin a graphic?
If not can you make yourself a little clearer. %-)
Wed 06/02/02 at 07:44
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> hhmm, i'm not expecting too much, i've seen the finished result, whats actually happening with mine is that it's going back on it's self, whereas the finished product (tutorial) actually spins, it gets half way and flips the image so it's turned, if you get me??

Show me the tutorial you are using... And try to explain in English what you are trying to do... I think I have an idea but one of the skills you lack as a designer is the ability to explain things clearly... youneed to spend more time trying to communicate more about what it is you are trying to acheive.

If you can give me that tutorial I'll have a look...
Wed 06/02/02 at 07:40
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
> Not a clue. But, like I said. If you're wanting some complex image to turn into something more complex or just something simple into something complex, then, you're asking Flash for too much and it is unable to achieve such a task.

I think I know what FogMasters trying to do but would need to see the tutorial he's using... Flash can do a hell of a lot including complex shape tweening and complex 3D (thanks to Swift 3D), it just a case of taking the time to learn the complexity. I just think FogMaster is biting off more than he can chew for an ameture user...

He needs to master the basics before diving in to the complex side of Flash authoring...
Tue 05/02/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Wasting away"
Fogmaster wrote:
it gets half way and flips the image so it's
turned, if you get me??

Not a clue. But, like I said. If you're wanting some complex image to turn into something more complex or just something simple into something complex, then, you're asking Flash for too much and it is unable to achieve such a task.
Tue 05/02/02 at 21:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
hhmm, i'm not expecting too much, i've seen the finished result, whats actually happening with mine is that it's going back on it's self, whereas the finished product (tutorial) actually spins, it gets half way and flips the image so it's turned, if you get me??
Tue 05/02/02 at 21:16
Regular
"Wasting away"
You're expecting to much from Flash. It can handle what you wish to do. Shape tweening is what you need, but even then, it won't be able to transform something as simple as a circle into some mighty complex graphic without the outcome being somewhat obsecure.
Tue 05/02/02 at 21:08
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
ok, back to Flash5, I decided to do a little bit of tweening, i'm trying to make a fake 3d effect logo (a spinning circle) nothing amazing, but it's my first time *gets shy* I've looked at looooaaads of tutorials but i'm so bored of getting things wrong, I tried doing it the hard way and animating every frame myself, but transforming the image into a graphic then scaling it...but, when it gets to the centre it looks like it's going back on it's self, I have no idea how to do it any other way than with a tween, it's seems simple.....can someone please help me?
Tue 05/02/02 at 11:08
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I got most of my .gifs into .jpgs, loaded them into Fireworks and exported them (Fireworks is good) thanks for your help Tyla

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.