GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flash 5 help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/01/02 at 19:36
Regular
ok, i'm making a flash website, I don't want to have to use urls, well, just one - the website domain.

anyway, i've made all the pages, but......how do I make it in one movie clip???? I want to be able to use it offline if you know what I mean, so i can click on a button and it takes the user to another page????
Mon 28/01/02 at 19:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
ok, i'm making a flash website, I don't want to have to use urls, well, just one - the website domain.

anyway, i've made all the pages, but......how do I make it in one movie clip???? I want to be able to use it offline if you know what I mean, so i can click on a button and it takes the user to another page????
Mon 28/01/02 at 20:54
Regular
"Wasting away"
I'm lost. You mean convert it into a symbol? Or make a button that when clicked on takes you to the homepage?
Mon 28/01/02 at 22:30
Are you saying you have already built the site in Flash? Or have you built the pages in HTML and now want to convert them to Flash???

It is possible to export the movie as an executable file that will run standalone on a PC, otherwise you need to export it as an .SWF and view it in your browser. You can get flash to build an HTML page containing the movie that you need at the same time as it exports your movie to an .SWF file - check out the export and preview options on the File menu.
Mon 28/01/02 at 22:33
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
no, I want one file to be my whole website, one page is all on one 'frame' or one line of layers so no animation, I want to click on the news button and then it moves to frame 2 the downloads page to move to page 3, you get me? I don't want to upload it click on a button and make the user download a page again when all the info already online it would take too long also this way it makes the website useable offline which is kinda the idea.
Mon 28/01/02 at 22:34
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Fogmaster wrote:
anyway, i've made all the pages, but......how do I make
> it in one movie clip???? I want to be able to use it offline if you know what I
> mean, so i can click on a button and it takes the user to another page????

i assume you've made each page in it's own flash movie. your best bet is to transfer them all into one flash file and then just link the pages using the markers - when you export it it'll be a single movie. (sorry i cant be more specific but i'm out of practice with flash)
Mon 28/01/02 at 22:37
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
it's not html, infact sadly theres no html on these pages, just flash5, at the moment there are about 20 buttons on each page some simple pictures and some text, no animation, is there a way that I can link all these .swf files into one file?

sorry.....I have about 20 pages all in .swf I want to be able to put them on a cd maybe as one file, then link all the pages together like a website, i know this can be done, i've seen some tutorials on flashkit where you click on a button and the .swf file changes but the rest of the page stays still.
Mon 28/01/02 at 22:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Brio wrote:
transfer them all into one flash file and then just link the pages
> using the markers - when you export it it'll be a single movie.

that sounds about right, thankyou, i'll have a look for markers n stuff on some tutorial sites, I just had no idea what to look for.

thankyou all for your help.
Mon 28/01/02 at 22:43
Regular
"Wasting away"
You just need to get what you've made onScreen and copy it into the frames. You need to access the Actions panel in order to make the buttons have the right affect for them to go to the right scene.
Mon 28/01/02 at 22:47
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
You need to access the Actions panel in order to make the buttons have the right
> affect for them to go to the right scene.

I thought it would be something like that, but I:

A) need the action scripts,
B) need to find out how to get them to work, i'm looking for some tuts now :D
Mon 28/01/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Wasting away"
If you want, I'm sure I could add the right effect to each button.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.