GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Bedroom will be none existent Sunday night!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 22:34
Regular
The Reason: Well, once I get paid on Sunday I'm off to the shop to buy me a 6.1 surround sound system which will be connected to my GC, PC, DVD, TV and CD player.

The Outcome: Wall's crumbling, windows smashing and me turning 100% deaf!
Tue 14/01/03 at 20:49
Regular
And... I aren't asking you the question I am talking to Ed but instead of starting a whole new topic I thought why not use this one. What is your problem? Why are we bothering you so much? If you have what you require then good but that doesn't mean that the conversation can't continue. Oh and what is a Pro (bar the glaringly obvious and in a none dirty way)? A so called professional could not help me when I was choosing mine, Tom from the Xbox forum was a huge help and he isn't porfessional so what was that supposed to mean?
Tue 14/01/03 at 20:28
Regular
For f**ks sake (escuse me). I didn't want a whole load of nonsense. I've spoken to a pro and I think he knows more than me and the rest of you. I'm not bothered about the mumbo jumbo. I just want sound coming from a speaker in each corner of my room.
Tue 14/01/03 at 20:13
Regular
Thats what I am hoping to do, but as you say I didn't think there was such a thing a 7.1 but if you attatch extra phono connections on the back of the AMP then you can purchase extra speakers and run them into it. Theoritically you could have 3 surround right speakers and 3 surround left speakers all running into each other, one on the floor, one positioned on the wall and then one just below the roof which would increase the volume by a lot but it could possibly blow the AMP ;) I am looking to get the extra speaker sometime after my GCSE's so I have something to look forward to, but for now my system is great.
Tue 14/01/03 at 20:09
Regular
DeltaJava wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR, how many speaker sets do you own?

1 set of 6 speakers including Sub. I am soon going to hooking up 2 speakers to 1 central channel so that I can have my Satalite speaker under my TV and a big speaker on a speaker stand at the side :) Then I will own 7 speakers going into one amp and all in my compact bedroom. I must admit playing games without it turned on just isn't the same and even though the Cube doesn't support Dolby Digital I still have it on for the Pro Logic which is very good.
Tue 14/01/03 at 18:44
Regular
i only ever buy Region 1 discs.

No DVDs will say 7.1, as it isnt a true Dolby Digital format.

it is a DTS format, all to do with the EX and ES formats.

there are lenty of 7.1 amps out there, and even now companies are developing 10.1 for cinemas etc.

the 2 speakers can be positioned wither as an extra centre, (not for speech, but for general sound) and the other is a rear centre.

so you end up with

front left, centre, centre 2 for speech effects, front right, sub, rear left, rear centre, rear right.

or, you can add them as side speakers.
most 7.1 amps now have the option to setup speaker distances and positions.

i have the us star wars episode 2, it has DTS and also the option for DTS ES and EX.

in my opinion, so far 7.1 makes no difference than 6.1 or plaine DTS, this is mainly due to 1) technology not including it correctly and 2) my room not being big enough to give the full effect of distance between sound.

I am going to be adding a second sub aswell, and setting it up for lower frequency bass, the best example being so far the explosion/implosion in Lord of The Rings at the start.
Tue 14/01/03 at 17:55
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR, how many speaker sets do you own?
Tue 14/01/03 at 17:52
Regular
7.1? I am looking at my Blade 2 DVD box now and it doesn't say anything about 7.1?! I didn't even know it existed, are you sure you don't mean 6.1? That is DTS EX which Blade 2 supports. I also rented Episode 2 about a month a go and it only supports 5.1 and not even DTS so I don't know which copy you got hold of?!

What do the extra 2 speakers 2? Are they central channel or is there one extra front and back speaker? I am yet to hear anything about 7.1 and 7.1 AMP's so any information would be appreciated, thanks :)
Tue 14/01/03 at 10:17
Regular
well, if this is about quality of system then i feel as though i can compete below:

i have a SONY 7.1 DTS ES/EX surround amp,
SONY 725 DVD player (still top of the range even now),
36inch SONY Art Couteur WEGA TV,
Set of BOSE 7.1 speaker kit (obviously as there are no 7.1 kits available i had to buy 2 extra),
i also have a set of SONY speakers, only 5.1 DTS, but this is my old amp and is setup in my other room with my older 525 SONY player.

now, i am well aware of the fact that only a handful of 7.1 DVDs exist so far.
examples being Blade 2, Cast Away, Star Wars Episode 2 and beleive it or not, Rush Hour 2.
Other titles that are of amazing sound are the ones released in the SuperBit collection, namely Air Force One and Panic Room.

as a lot of you know and others that dont, probably should, i used ot own my own DVD company at www.webdvduk.com
since then it has become impossible to compete with other mainstream companies like Play.com and DVDcrave.com

now the site is found at www.webdvduk.co.uk and is mainly for info and comments etc on new releases and the general DVD format.

the site is no way near finished and is only in testing atages.
Mon 13/01/03 at 23:18
Regular
Drafting in your Xbox buddies?
Mon 13/01/03 at 23:17
Regular
ÂLÂSÝÂÎR wrote:

>
> WS you said you built your PC with a 6.1 Dolby chip but there was no
> point as PC games are developed in 4.1

Shows what you know

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.