GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Bedroom will be none existent Sunday night!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 22:34
Regular
The Reason: Well, once I get paid on Sunday I'm off to the shop to buy me a 6.1 surround sound system which will be connected to my GC, PC, DVD, TV and CD player.

The Outcome: Wall's crumbling, windows smashing and me turning 100% deaf!
Thu 16/01/03 at 18:59
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
ÂLÂS†ÂÎR wrote:
> Delorentis that is quite an impressive setup :) I am like you in a way
> where I like everything to be done properly and I like to have the
> best setup for the cash flow that I have. If I can afford something
> new that will upgrade my gaming, audio setup or DVD's then I will go
> out and get it even if it will only make a tiny difference. As time
> goes on and once I get a job I will upgrade everything but for now I
> am concentrating on my GCSE's and minor upgrades for my Home Cinema
> setup :)

Excellent - it's all about the games and the noise and the visuals and the sheer euphoria of kicking the end of level bosses

It seems 2k3 abandoned this thread- oh well his loss. Getting the best sound for the money need not be a hole in the pocket affair, simply getting the best for your money can only be achieved via education. One a mistake, twice a fool - with less money. So investigation pays off....
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:48
Regular
Delorentis that is quite an impressive setup :) I am like you in a way where I like everything to be done properly and I like to have the best setup for the cash flow that I have. If I can afford something new that will upgrade my gaming, audio setup or DVD's then I will go out and get it even if it will only make a tiny difference. As time goes on and once I get a job I will upgrade everything but for now I am concentrating on my GCSE's and minor upgrades for my Home Cinema setup :)
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:19
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
You are forgiven, my apprentice.
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:17
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Oh. *excuses himself from J42's presence*

Yes - I was wondering when someone would point this out to dear old whitestripes. It's a bit like saying driving a roller isn't fun, cos it ain't a ferrari. It's a matter of opinion and what is important to the driver.

Very philosophical. Now I need to drink my Yaks milk and adopt the Lotus (cars on the brain) position.
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:08
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Well thats fine if you want to waste your time watching rubbish but
> listening to nice sounds.

a lot like a cd...
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Indeed, you are missing something.
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:02
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
J-42 wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> 6.1? why not 7.1?
>
> meh.
>
> I have 3.1.
>
> *Big grin*

Aha - center, left then right and sub yes???

Or not... I might be mssing something here... :o(
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:01
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Tphi wrote:
> 6.1? why not 7.1?
>
> meh.

I have 3.1.

*Big grin*
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Rańđom_guÿ™ go for the advanced RGB scart cable
> and then purchase 2 phono to phono connections that will go into the
> red and white sockets on the back of your stereo AMP. If you want any
> more information just ask my MSN is:
>
> [email protected]
>
> Delorentis that sounds like a very good system :) Do you have a DVD
> player and Xbox or do you just have a GameCube? I have my Xbox and
> GameCube hooked up to my AMP and I am buying an RGB scart and phono
> adaptor so that I can have all 3 plugged in at once. With that I am
> getting a scart splitter for my TV so the only thing I actually have
> to do is turn the console on and set my AMP to the correct output
> (although it recognises my Xbox and selects it for me:)

Alastair, I have a really pretty unique way of doing things. I decided a long time ago that the way forward was for me to have a single high powered mulit-functional PC for everything. I wanted inputs in and Loads of outputs soooo. I bought a mean mutha of a machine (at the time) and pumped the money you would normally put into a vcr,dvd, tv. hifi etc into it It is the centerpiece of my living room - and with a sexy 19" TFT on a brushed aluminium arm with dicreet speakers and wireless keyboard and mouse -it's not half bad. For music I use MP3 and DVD drive, for sounds a SB live Platinum 5.1 (want an Audigy 2 bad), for vision the tft and All in wonder Radeon (want a 9700 bad!). This card enables tv, inputs from S-video, composite and audio, outputs s video, composite, AC3 Dolby Digital. You can also encode video from any source, external inlcuded to anything from Avi to Mpeg 4, it has all the features of TiVo, and digital VCR. My cable box runs through it too, for Ntl cable telly. I also have a 600 kb cable modem. The amp is in line from the PC to the speakers and will take over the sound and video outputs from my cable box, Gamecube and PC and switch them through to the single array of inputs into the All in wonder card. This was why I asked some time ago if anyone knew if the gamecube was getting an svideo cable. Liksang.com says the pal gc does not support s video output (FACT) and that RGB is the only way. Now I have asked this forum and SR if there is another way to connect to a PC other than composite and nobody has an answer. The VGA box rpoduct from SR, well, that items functionality is also disputed by Liksang. They claim it does not work for the GC.

Phew thats that mate. Any comments?
Wed 15/01/03 at 16:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
6.1? why not 7.1?

meh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.