GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Patches of (un)happiness"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/01/03 at 19:20
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2354

Oh dear!

If this is what online console gaming means, stop it now!

Okay, you could argue that it's a good thing... but then, one of the main attractions of console games has always been that you don't need to worry about this sort of thing.

Future of gaming, or a backward step for consoles?
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeedily.
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:36
Regular
It isn't hard, you simply go to the the options screen, put music volume down to zero and Speech and Effects up to full, then you put your favourite CD on. I've been doing it for years, loading your own soundtrack into a game is nothing special.
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:34
Regular
At least they've solved one problem, sending it out to people who don't have Live, on CD, for free.
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Excellent Cyclone - shame you have to either sacrifice the other sounds in the game or try and blank out the games original soundtrack playing along with the song your playing on your CD. ;-)

Now go and wash - you reek of poo. ;-)
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I play a CD from my extensive collection while on the Cube.

In my cordless headphones.

Done.

Patches are good if they introduce new things, but if they were to fix stupid bugs, then the bugs shouldn't of been there, unless they were really difficult etc.
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Of course Mav's sources are much more reliable - he stood outside his local videogame shop with a piece of paper and got buyers to put a tick under either X-Box or GC. ;-)
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:03
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Xbox is outselling the GC in weekly sales at the Mo, but in worldwide terms GC just beats Xbox.

Thats what I read anyway.
Wed 15/01/03 at 20:44
Regular
~X The Master X~ wrote:
> did it really outsell the GC?

Oh yeah, that's another thing - it didn't. I don't know where you get your facts from Belldandy, but if you must continually refer to sales statistics (that are so notoriously misleading, it's just not worth it), then get it right.

All three consoles did excellently (well enough to keep themselves going) and the GameCube managed to overtake, once again, in America - while doing fantastically all the while. X-Box, I'll grant you, just got it in Europe (and in the UK) - but overall, the GameCube was the victor (excluding PS2).
Wed 15/01/03 at 20:40
Regular
Woah - Alistair, Belldandy. Let's not get into an argument here, okay? By writing what I did, I was merely providing 'food for thought' as ~X The Master X~ combatted the 'X-Box is a PC' argument, by agreeing with it. Personally, I think that there's partial truth in that statement - but I was merely querying his counter-argument.

I recognise the X-Box's strong points and (as I've said many a time) might just purchase one in the future. My comment wasn't intended to be negative, more 'tongue-in-cheek'. Those long winded replies were completely unnecessary.
Wed 15/01/03 at 20:33
"Lemon eyewash"
Belldandy wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> Then why do you lot own an X-Box?
>
> Such misguided fools..
>
> Calm down fanboy....
>
> Incidentally the Gamecube contains many parts simialr to a PC's, such
> as the IBM microprocessor, but unfortunately no hard drive.
>
> Really, any console is just a set of computer components all brought
> together to make a machine for one purpose - console games. The PC is
> a modular kind of machine, with users able to chop and change
> components and have a greater choice, with all the positive and
> negative effects that has.
>
> Even so, over Christmas, Xbox outsold the GC so obviously most buyers
> were more concerned about games, than arguing about construction,
> strangely enough.
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

did it really outsell the GC? well if it did i aint surprised with games like spliter cell and halo and that bargin 4 game bundle.

and using PC bits is (when you think about it) a good idea as the PC advance so quick an 8Gig HDD must be dirt cheap by now and using ethernet to link well a net card is around a tenner now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.