GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Movies, TV, Music and Books forum Longest thread !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/01/02 at 10:34
Regular
I have though that everywhere has one apart from some inculding us we never one to show that alot of people come to this forum and by beating all the other longest thread it will show that the Movies, TV, Music and Books is the best!
Write about every film,cd,book,or something on T.V that you watched and though was good or bad we can beat the other forums but we need everyone to join in to when you are at this forum do all your chating here.
This thread you can talk about anything.
thanks Coley
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:26
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
I only watched wrestling when I was a child because
1.you though it was real
2.because they said bad words and you giggled to yourself.
3. The good guy always won and you would cheer everyone would because everyone liked the good guys.
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:22
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Tazz wrote:
> So men beat, or beat without much pain (but there is
> pain!) what's gay about that? Sure they have to touch
> each other. But I still don't get it!

I tried to move the debate away from wrestling, unsuccessfully, with my second post. To Tazz's credit it was not he who started the wrestling vs. Reading debate. The reason I despise wrestling is because it epitomises everything that is fake and shallow about the Western world.

The fact that grown men get in a ring and pretend to attack each other while millions of screaming people cheer them on. This makes it bad on two levels. Firstly everyone knows that it is fake and fixed, I've seen a documentary on a wrestler who was desperate to win his native canada before he retired, and the chairman guy said he couldn't. No on tried to suggest that it was real, or that the matchs were open contests. It's just brazenly fake. I don't understand how so many people can be interested in a sport that isn't even a sport, there is no element of competition and you are just watching two people pretending to beat each other up. I don't get it.

Secondly, I hate the way that all the fans stand there baying for blood. It's disgusting that people can glorify such a sickening amount of pretend violence. I perfectly willing to see violence in films because I know that it is fake, no matter how realistic it looks. The problem with WWF is that it is pretend violence. It emulates real contact sports with pretend violence. And that is why it is so dangerous. There have been news stories about children copying the wrestling moves and severely injuring/killing their friends/siblings. The reason I hate wrestling so much is that it has all the violence with none of the consequences. If you hit someone with a chair over the head, they don't get back up. If you hit someone with a stunt chair that snaps in two with apparent ease then they do get up. Wrestling is abhorrant because it is fake on every single level.
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:21
Regular
"Guess who..."
Ant wrote:
> Look Tazz...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe in America they
> don't read books that much. And judging by some Americans I have met, they
> don't.

Not neccessarily you, you seem intelligent enough. You type well, use
> proper grammar and everything, and yet the comment about books was
> childish.

Books are great. I wrote a post a while ago about books going out
> of fashion. I want to be an author when I'm older, but what's the point if no
> one's gonna read??

I feel worried now, as it's possibly not your fault you
> don't read books. Perhaps it's the people who you hang around with.

You
> know, there are lots of wrestling books out there. Rock's autobiography is a
> great read.

I've read it! Front to back! As a matter of fact is was the very last book I read!
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:19
Regular
"Guess who..."
Stryke wrote:
> Oh, you're an AMERICAN, Tazz. That explains it all. You eat books over ther,
> don't you? You see a Dickens book, you deep fry it and eat it with some salsa
> sauce...

I don't hate you now, Tazz. I just pity you.

Oh. Books in salsa sauce though...go eat a royal burger!
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
Look Tazz...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe in America they don't read books that much. And judging by some Americans I have met, they don't.

Not neccessarily you, you seem intelligent enough. You type well, use proper grammar and everything, and yet the comment about books was childish.

Books are great. I wrote a post a while ago about books going out of fashion. I want to be an author when I'm older, but what's the point if no one's gonna read??

I feel worried now, as it's possibly not your fault you don't read books. Perhaps it's the people who you hang around with.

You know, there are lots of wrestling books out there. Rock's autobiography is a great read.
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
Stryke wrote:
> 1 last point: I may be a film fan but films can't move you the way books can.
> You can't get lost in a film the same way you can in a great book. I've had
> times where I've read this I fell asleep with my head on the book.
You are right also a Film leaves out half of the book and you don't get the full story.
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:15
Regular
Oh, you're an AMERICAN, Tazz. That explains it all. You eat books over ther, don't you? You see a Dickens book, you deep fry it and eat it with some salsa sauce...

I don't hate you now, Tazz. I just pity you.
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:15
Regular
"Guess who..."
Uuhum, kids watch cartoons. I'm no kid!
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:13
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tazz wrote:
> OK. Why do they have Books added onto this. I'm sure no one reads books these
> days. Weren't they only a replacement for TV in the middle ages? I think they
> should get rid of it!

Books are better than TV.

Books are for the intelligent. Books are for people who can concentrate for more than 30 seconds at a time.
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:12
Regular
"Guess who..."
Ant wrote:
> Tazz!!

I LOVE books!! I'm gonna be an author when I'm older!!

Now you shut
> up, or I get rid of you from Forum Wrestling, permanently!!

I apologize!! GO BOOKS!! BOOKS RULE!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.