GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony, Ali, Loki, Bob, please read"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/01/02 at 22:05
Regular
Today we found out that what seems like 3/4's of all topics on Fog Prime have been deleted. This includes the stories, part of the legacy of these forums. It doesn't include the World's Longest Thread.

I've always been secretly dismayed at the seemingly small amount of attention laid on the stories by Special Reserve. I understand that this was indeed an accident, but it doesn't just stop there. While the World's Longest Thread is recognised as a part of Fog History, with a small section written about it on the front page, the stories have always gone with what seems like little support or attention from yourselves. While people are told they can spam freely in the Longest Thread, there is no warning, after so much obvious trouble we have with it, that people should not disturb the stories.

I don't feel I'm going over the top here. If you needed space, why not delete half of Fog Chat? Topics envolving what someone did last night, or how irritating it is to walk into a door. It's... beyond me, how you can put these topics above those that have been written through mind and heart, that the writers on these forums have real emotions towards. Yes, not just the stories, you've gone and deleted a few years of our gaming and writing history.

And personally, the stories mean a lot to me, considering that's what was keeping me alive at one point. The thought of you simply deleting our hard work is disgusting, in the least. I've just spent nearly a year animating the first one. This also has had little attention put on it, which I felt perhaps you would have been interested in also.

I plead to you, surely there are backups of what has been deleted? Is it at all possible that these lost topics can be restored?

If anyone feels they need to add to what I've written, please do so. I'm angry. Sorry.
Sun 03/02/02 at 02:41
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
*hops on to the bandwagon*

Thanks Tony, keep up the great work, you and all the staff at SR really don't realise just how good you guys are, you deserve a medal.

(that wasn't being sarcastic)
Sun 03/02/02 at 00:07
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Jeeesh!
Sun 03/02/02 at 00:07
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Apparently, the word 'Gullible' isn't in the Oxford dictionary, so I heard earlier.

Anyway thanks for this Tony, it's much appreciated.
Sat 02/02/02 at 17:31
Regular
"That's right!"
Shush... hmm, check it in Word, heh
Sat 02/02/02 at 17:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Is shush even a word?

What is a word?

What is shush? more of an expression

What is life?

I'm hungry :)
Sat 02/02/02 at 10:43
Regular
"I like cheese"
DaveyDenton wrote:
> one word...gullable

one word...shush.
Sat 02/02/02 at 09:38
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
DaveyDenton wrote:
> one word...gullable

Two words... but one of them won't get past the swear filter.
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:48
Regular
"everyone says it"
pb wrote:
> Whatever happens, and whatever the outcome, it's appreciated, Tony.

just
> cross my fingers and hope.

*echo's pb's words*

Thanks Tony.... we all know you are a busy man. Anything is better than nothing (if that made sense)
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:26
one word...gullable
Fri 01/02/02 at 21:41
"possibly impossible"
Whatever happens, and whatever the outcome, it's appreciated, Tony.

just cross my fingers and hope.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.