GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Injuries Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/01/03 at 16:00
Regular
As per usual I am exceptionally bored and I thought it may prove entertaining to hear about some of your grusome/painful/humourous injuries.

Here are mine, add your too please.

- When I was about 6 I ran into a playhouse but I was just a bit too tall to get through the doorway and I cut my head open. Ouch.

- Playing rugby I collided with someone and was unconcious for a few seconds. I came round and was helped to the school medical room where they gave me 1 block of ice in a paper towel. I was bleeding all over the place aswell, it was sort of funny until I got concussion.

- Dislocated knee playing rugby. I got tackled around the legs in a rugby tournament in which we were pitted against players up to 4 years older than us. Did they show mercy? Did they heck! My knee was dislocated in a tackle and the coach had to snap it back in place.

- Shattered ring finger. Playing rugby at school I went into a challenge with my arms out to tackle someone but they hit my hand with such force that the bone between the first and second knuckles shattered into 3 pieces. I had to spend 3 days in hospital having a 2 hour operation and 2 metal screws are permenantly in my finger

- This is when I gave up rugby.

So add your injuries to this thread and we can laugh at each others misery, perhaps.
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:21
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Eww P@ST@ - *vomits*
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:11
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
As a side note, the hernias were the ridiclue of my friends until puberty, I have two scars either side of him, which makes my lower region look like a chinaman with a long nose.....
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Here goes...

Age 4, did both hernias in a year

Age 7, broke my left shin, jumping from a climbing frame, spent my birthday in plaster (and my parents bought me a bike, how thoughtful)

Age 8, broke my left femur (the top part) spent christmas in hospital, got loads of presents and three pins in my leg, which have been removed now.

Age 18, dislocated my left shoulder, playing sunday league football, threw myself in for a tackle against my cousin (the defender on the opposite side) after being quite pumped up and scoring two. Didn't get the hat rick though, although I was named man of the match...

Loads of other illnesses, I'm on my third hospital volume...
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:09
Regular
Lol!

I err, had to have a life saving operation when I was a baby baby (just born). I still go the scars hehe. Erm, I also got a scar on my lip from when a BOY (eurgh) bit through my lip. Yes, THROUGH my lip. We were playing football and both went up for the header. God only knows what he was trying to do to me. I also fractured my wrist. This lead to me missing a football final and a football tour which I forked out £250 to go on. BUT...I still went and enjoyed myself in the fine arcades of Belgium. :c)
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
As per usual I am exceptionally bored and I thought it may prove entertaining to hear about some of your grusome/painful/humourous injuries.

Here are mine, add your too please.

- When I was about 6 I ran into a playhouse but I was just a bit too tall to get through the doorway and I cut my head open. Ouch.

- Playing rugby I collided with someone and was unconcious for a few seconds. I came round and was helped to the school medical room where they gave me 1 block of ice in a paper towel. I was bleeding all over the place aswell, it was sort of funny until I got concussion.

- Dislocated knee playing rugby. I got tackled around the legs in a rugby tournament in which we were pitted against players up to 4 years older than us. Did they show mercy? Did they heck! My knee was dislocated in a tackle and the coach had to snap it back in place.

- Shattered ring finger. Playing rugby at school I went into a challenge with my arms out to tackle someone but they hit my hand with such force that the bone between the first and second knuckles shattered into 3 pieces. I had to spend 3 days in hospital having a 2 hour operation and 2 metal screws are permenantly in my finger

- This is when I gave up rugby.

So add your injuries to this thread and we can laugh at each others misery, perhaps.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.