GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Injuries Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/01/03 at 16:00
Regular
As per usual I am exceptionally bored and I thought it may prove entertaining to hear about some of your grusome/painful/humourous injuries.

Here are mine, add your too please.

- When I was about 6 I ran into a playhouse but I was just a bit too tall to get through the doorway and I cut my head open. Ouch.

- Playing rugby I collided with someone and was unconcious for a few seconds. I came round and was helped to the school medical room where they gave me 1 block of ice in a paper towel. I was bleeding all over the place aswell, it was sort of funny until I got concussion.

- Dislocated knee playing rugby. I got tackled around the legs in a rugby tournament in which we were pitted against players up to 4 years older than us. Did they show mercy? Did they heck! My knee was dislocated in a tackle and the coach had to snap it back in place.

- Shattered ring finger. Playing rugby at school I went into a challenge with my arms out to tackle someone but they hit my hand with such force that the bone between the first and second knuckles shattered into 3 pieces. I had to spend 3 days in hospital having a 2 hour operation and 2 metal screws are permenantly in my finger

- This is when I gave up rugby.

So add your injuries to this thread and we can laugh at each others misery, perhaps.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:35
Regular
"Black pepper?"
my mate droped a bowling ball on my foot. yes it broke.

i have also got glass in my eye, from when some idiot threw a rock through the bus window while i was in there.

nothing too bad, well then again, i'm not one to get hurt, mainly becuase i'm allergic to pain.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:10
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Kyz22 wrote:

> That must have looked pretty funny though!

They thought it was. I was in a little bit of pain and had to use two hands to bowl. Didn't know I broke it until my Dad took me up the hospital.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:05
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Indeed.
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:59
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
...well thats the dangers of alcohol....
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:50
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Poor Venom Byte :-(
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:36
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Dropped on head when in a supermarket as a baby. Probably explains a lot.

In year nine I broke my left arm whilst attempting to jump a hurdle, shotly after having been explicitly told not to do so by the PE teacher, because the grass was wet and slippery. I jumped, or tried to, but fell over and whacked my hand with wrist shattering force (literally) on the ground. Arm in a cast for six weeks, couldn't use my arm properly for a further four.

Toward the end of sixth form I severely sprained my anklewandering through a friends garden at midnight. Alcohol to blame for that one. Couldn't walk properly for a few weeks, and the ankle has never been 100% since.
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Indeed, i collapsed, when cutting finger open, this was my brothers birthday, stole his thunder, i did.
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:19
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Foreman wrote:
> Went bowling with my mates on my 13th Birthday. I stepped over the
> line, slipping over and braking my wrist.

That must have looked pretty funny though!
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:18
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Went bowling with my mates on my 13th Birthday. I stepped over the line, slipping over and braking my wrist.
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:17
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
J-42 wrote:

> unconcious - fell in pool, and banged self

Ah I forgot about mine similar to this, You know those steps they have across pools that sort of divide the deep end from the shallow end. I was on holiday must have been 3 years ago and I was running across the side of the pool and it was slippy (I am naive, OK!) I slipped backwards and cracked my head on the concrete step and got like shock sorta thing because the water was so cold (It was night).

Im a fool

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.