GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Injuries Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/01/03 at 16:00
Regular
As per usual I am exceptionally bored and I thought it may prove entertaining to hear about some of your grusome/painful/humourous injuries.

Here are mine, add your too please.

- When I was about 6 I ran into a playhouse but I was just a bit too tall to get through the doorway and I cut my head open. Ouch.

- Playing rugby I collided with someone and was unconcious for a few seconds. I came round and was helped to the school medical room where they gave me 1 block of ice in a paper towel. I was bleeding all over the place aswell, it was sort of funny until I got concussion.

- Dislocated knee playing rugby. I got tackled around the legs in a rugby tournament in which we were pitted against players up to 4 years older than us. Did they show mercy? Did they heck! My knee was dislocated in a tackle and the coach had to snap it back in place.

- Shattered ring finger. Playing rugby at school I went into a challenge with my arms out to tackle someone but they hit my hand with such force that the bone between the first and second knuckles shattered into 3 pieces. I had to spend 3 days in hospital having a 2 hour operation and 2 metal screws are permenantly in my finger

- This is when I gave up rugby.

So add your injuries to this thread and we can laugh at each others misery, perhaps.
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:10
Regular
"um..."
Okay update time! (I used to be the Captain by the way)

some I forgot

My appendix nearly burst and I had to be rushed to hospital to have them removed

I had Gromets in my ears

Got a barbed fishing hook through that flap of skin between first finger and thumb, and because I hate hospitals when I rpped it out There was lots of blood and I nearly passed out.
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:08
Regular
"Remember me?"
Yesterday, I woke up at around 9am, and - unknown to me - I had a massive, well... use your imagination. And I kinda knocked it on the banister in my room. It wasn't damaged or anything... it just hurt, that's all; as any boy/man/shemale would agree.

This story is a lot more true than I'd like it to be.
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:07
Regular
"Max Power"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> When I was 3 I was dancing in my living room and I triipd up and fell
> down, my head hit the coffee table at the back right of my skull. I
> was in the hospital for about a week or two, I had to have dissolvable
> stitiches since I was too younf to have normal stitcheds in my head. I
> can't really remember it now since that was about 12 seconds ago.

yeah you must have a short memory
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:06
FantasyMeister wrote:

> 1977 Stabbed in the left hand with a pencil at school, scar still
> remains.

Same here. Whooo! We're injury buddies!

Also, you know those sticks that have a hook at the end? stuck it into my mouth, hooked it round the back of my nose mouth thing, and with great force, pulled it out, and half my mouth came away with it, along with a lot of blood. Whoo. And appendicitis.
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Max Power"
DW wrote:
> I injured my hand about five hours ago. I fractured it. Says Dr. Herc.
> He did. Yes. It hurts... :c(

hmm i can imagine it now
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:04
"The Will of D."
When I was 3 I was dancing in my living room and I triipd up and fell down, my head hit the coffee table at the back right of my skull. I was in the hospital for about a week or two, I had to have dissolvable stitiches since I was too younf to have normal stitcheds in my head. I can't really remember it now since that was about 12 years ago.
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:00
Regular
I injured my hand about five hours ago. I fractured it. Says Dr. Herc. He did. Yes. It hurts... :c(
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:58
"The Will of D."
Tsk Tsk, The Madman, tsk tsk. you have totally forgoten to put in Parragraphs to that long piece of text. It's much harder to read something without parragrahs than those with, it's basically a 1:2 ratio.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:53
Regular
"Max Power"
it was a nice sunny day no one dared to leave the caravan so we all decided to go to the chippy down the road and then it happend. i triped, i fell, on to a concrete step which cracked my head open and there was the concrete step lying the all wrinkly. so then i fell, unconcious and wwent to hospital. when they were sorting it out and it got better. and the scar still remains on my head in my hair allong with the other 2 scars for more tales you must wait 10 seconds. 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. 0. it was a friday night everything seem innocent so me and my friends decided to. go to the deep dark grass where it lead to a ropeswing we went on it and we had loads of fun then BAM it happend i said "just one more go" and that is where it happend. one of my friends pushed me when i said not to and the i sliped i fell and i landed in a pile of sticks. fortuanly i was lucky to survive. a stick had gone though my bottom lip and i got up and said in a normal voice "ok, lets go" not acctually realising that my lip was cut open and it was only when i got home my dad said "we need to get him to the hospital. so we went to the hospital. for the third and final story you must wait 6.9 seconds 6.9 6. 7. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. 0. it was a lovely sunday morning down at the hockey club we did the usual training and then we played a game. i went in for a tackel and then he went to shoot not noing i was right behind him and then the stick swung round and got me right next to my eye. and then we had to go to hospital.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:47
Regular
"um..."
I cut my finger open filling a shelf full of towels.

I broke my hand playing "Punch the Locker" I won no-one dared punch harder than me.

Headbuttted my mate whilst dancing drunk at the pub.

rode my bike through a wasps nest.

Pulled all the muscles in my arms not warming up properly at the gym and trying to lift the maximum weight.

Pulled a muscle in my back really bad (I couldn't stand up) giving someone a piggy back and then falling over.

had my foot run over by my own car

anything else...

I saw someone fall into a ditch full of nettles and come out covered in those white bumps does that count?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.