GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Injuries Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/01/03 at 16:00
Regular
As per usual I am exceptionally bored and I thought it may prove entertaining to hear about some of your grusome/painful/humourous injuries.

Here are mine, add your too please.

- When I was about 6 I ran into a playhouse but I was just a bit too tall to get through the doorway and I cut my head open. Ouch.

- Playing rugby I collided with someone and was unconcious for a few seconds. I came round and was helped to the school medical room where they gave me 1 block of ice in a paper towel. I was bleeding all over the place aswell, it was sort of funny until I got concussion.

- Dislocated knee playing rugby. I got tackled around the legs in a rugby tournament in which we were pitted against players up to 4 years older than us. Did they show mercy? Did they heck! My knee was dislocated in a tackle and the coach had to snap it back in place.

- Shattered ring finger. Playing rugby at school I went into a challenge with my arms out to tackle someone but they hit my hand with such force that the bone between the first and second knuckles shattered into 3 pieces. I had to spend 3 days in hospital having a 2 hour operation and 2 metal screws are permenantly in my finger

- This is when I gave up rugby.

So add your injuries to this thread and we can laugh at each others misery, perhaps.
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
How dos u like da txt talk i may do it more.....

or not..
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:16
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I iz fel down da stais yesterday an urt my arm & leg
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:11
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Indeed.

Bowling ball to finger, resulting in deep, deep cut.

Broken ankle, jumped flight of stairs.

Gromets for ears.

unconcious - fell in pool, and banged self

Lots of skateboarding injuries.

That's about it, i think.
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
FM...Wow. :D
Thu 16/01/03 at 17:02
Regular
"smelly boxers"
when i was on holiday in dorset my friend bought a human hamsters wheel. we pumped it up and he got in i started to push him, then for a joke i got on the top of it on my belly but i forgot it go's round.i then put my arm out to stop me from hitting my head and my elbow went it crack,i had broken it in 2 places.

It heart a lot!
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:41
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> 1972 Winded by snowball hitting me at 206mph in the stomach. Father
> to blame. Never forgiven.

Isn't it funny how we always remember the bad times, no matter how serious they are. :c)
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:39
I haven't done much when i was about 3 i tripped and fell on some glass went in my head and have a scar from that. Apart from that last feb i knocked myself out in gym by falling on my head and just last monday i'm not sure what happened in rugby buit it resulted in me being stretchered off to hospital with a neck brace on!
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Was born with a damaged foot which required surgery and I spent the first year and a half of my life in a cast. Learned to walk with it too.

Also have asthma, was really bad as a kid. Had a few operations to try and help me breath better.

Have all the little scars and cuts from being an adventurous kid etc, nothing too serious.

Spent a lot of time in hospital when I was young with my astma and foot.
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Poor, poor FM :(
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
FM's medical history:

1968 Scalded tongue from crawling onto a table and eating a spoonful of yellow stuff in a bowl, which turned out to be mustard.
1968 Cut corner of left eye falling off same table by smashing my face into the corner of said table on the way to the floor.
1970 Lost a toenail whilst riding on the back of a friend's bike, my foot got too close to the spokes of the back wheel.
1972 Winded by snowball hitting me at 206mph in the stomach. Father to blame. Never forgiven.
1974 5 inch laceration to skull whilst digging a hole in the back garden with mates. A hoe slipped off a rock and planted itself in my scalp, resulting in 14 stitches and 2 days off school.
1975 Knocked unconscious whilst somersaulting off the front of my first proper racing bike (dang, those brakes were hot compared to the ones on my old Chopper).
1975 Knocked unconscious whilst riding (note not whilst falling off) a horse after my sister thought it would be funny to fit a loose saddle. As we were galloping along the saddle started slipping and a hoof clipped my head as I slid underneath the horse.
1975 Knocked unconscious playing my first game of rugby. I was so excited at being about to score my first try I ran straight into the wooden upright instead of between them. (This was before they had sense to wrap wooden posts in foam protectors).
1977 Stabbed in the left hand with a pencil at school, scar still remains.
1981 Broken left leg whilst playing rugby. (Some idiot decided that 'tackle' meant 'kick his legs out from behind whilst he's running off with the ball).
1983 Lacerated tendon in left hand index finger whilst punching out the wing mirror of a Ford Capri (heh, the dumb things you do when you're drunk, eh?)
1984 My first motorbike!! Lost some skin off my right butt-cheek when the throttle stuck at traffic lights and the bike dumped me on the road whilst it took off.
1985 My second motorbike!! Lacerations to throat and lower face hurtling through a hedge at 40mph. The brakes failed. Would have been OK except for the fact that the hedge contained a barbed-wire fence.
1986 My third motorbike!! (Never say die). Broken left leg (same place as last time) resulting from a courteous road user pulling out of a junction in front of me.
1987 Had to under go operation on right wrist to remove traces of metal after a friend "I was going for the pigeon, honest!" shot me with an air rifle. The pellet went straight through, but bounced off a couple of bones on the way. Nice neat entry hole scar on the outside and an ugly 'Z' shaped exit hole scar on the inside remains. 14 stiches. Note to self: Never go pigeon hunting with a mate if he's called 'Dwayne'.
1987-Present: Nothing, I've stayed away from mustard, hoes, dad, rugby, pencils, bicycles, horses, air rifles, people called Dwayne etc. Still got a motorbike though :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.