GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Injuries Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/01/03 at 16:00
Regular
As per usual I am exceptionally bored and I thought it may prove entertaining to hear about some of your grusome/painful/humourous injuries.

Here are mine, add your too please.

- When I was about 6 I ran into a playhouse but I was just a bit too tall to get through the doorway and I cut my head open. Ouch.

- Playing rugby I collided with someone and was unconcious for a few seconds. I came round and was helped to the school medical room where they gave me 1 block of ice in a paper towel. I was bleeding all over the place aswell, it was sort of funny until I got concussion.

- Dislocated knee playing rugby. I got tackled around the legs in a rugby tournament in which we were pitted against players up to 4 years older than us. Did they show mercy? Did they heck! My knee was dislocated in a tackle and the coach had to snap it back in place.

- Shattered ring finger. Playing rugby at school I went into a challenge with my arms out to tackle someone but they hit my hand with such force that the bone between the first and second knuckles shattered into 3 pieces. I had to spend 3 days in hospital having a 2 hour operation and 2 metal screws are permenantly in my finger

- This is when I gave up rugby.

So add your injuries to this thread and we can laugh at each others misery, perhaps.
Fri 17/01/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
This was quite sucessful wasnt it :-)

Anymore?
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
-Was born with some defomity that meant i couldnt eat. Got operated, have a 2 inch scar across abdomen that has now given rise to a hernia.

-Fell into ditch full of nettle while on holiday in somerset. Arms and legs covered in stings. Quite painful.

-Was kicked in the back of the head in a fight, had to go to hospital with a concussion.

Im sure ive done more, but those are the main offenders.
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:02
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The Captain wrote:
> I saw someone fall into a ditch full of nettles and come out covered
> in those white bumps does that count?

I've done worse.

I must have been about seven at the time, out in the fields near my aunt's farm. I was playing down at the river with my brother and cousins, running about and whatnot. a run at full pelt through a field, and stopped halfway, feeling pain in my legs. As I looked around it slowly dawned on me that the whole damn field was full of nettles, and I'd just run barelegged right into the middle of it.

I ran out, the pain overruled by sheer terror. If it wasn't for the cool river, and the abundance of Dock leaves nearby, I would have been in absolute agony. It was pretty damn painful as it was.
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:47
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
Psy©ho Fox wrote:
> You've contradicted yourself there mate, "I've broken my left arm
> 3 times", "And the fourth.....".

the fourth referring to my right arm
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:45
Regular
"Remember me?"
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> Yesterday, I woke up at around 9am, and - unknown to me - I had a
> massive, well... use your imagination. And I kinda knocked it on the
> banister in my room. It wasn't damaged or anything... it just hurt,
> that's all; as any boy/man/shemale would agree.
>
> This story is a lot more true than I'd like it to be.

And I was also mentally scarred by a pervert window cleaner.
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:38
"The Will of D."
R-107 wrote:
> I've broken my left arm 3 times, my right one once, and the little
> finger on my right hand. The first arm was broken when I fell our dog,
> a St Bernard, when I was 2 (I dont remember this). The second one was
> when I fell off a climbing frame, hit my leg on the way down, and
> ironically broke my arm. The third time was when i fell off a pole,
> which i was trying to balance on. And the fourth was when I fell off a
> 20 foot rope swing at my friends house, and woke up (after being
> onconscious)o the floor, in a patch of stinging nettles. And my finger
> was one when I was in goal and my brother kicked a football, which
> landed right on my finger.

You've contradicted yourself there mate, "I've broken my left arm 3 times", "And the fourth.....".
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:33
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
I've broken my left arm 3 times, my right one once, and the little finger on my right hand. The first arm was broken when I fell our dog, a St Bernard, when I was 2 (I dont remember this). The second one was when I fell off a climbing frame, hit my leg on the way down, and ironically broke my arm. The third time was when i fell off a pole, which i was trying to balance on. And the fourth was when I fell off a 20 foot rope swing at my friends house, and woke up (after being onconscious)o the floor, in a patch of stinging nettles. And my finger was one when I was in goal and my brother kicked a football, which landed right on my finger.
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:19
Regular
"Max Power"
DW wrote:
> †HÊ_MÅÐMÃÑ wrote:
> hmm i can imagine it now
>
> If you're emplying that I hurt it whilst spanking ones monkeh then
> please, don't imagine it!

erm yeah about that i kinda drift away from the post and was thinking what DW could stand for then i remember dwight wonderer so it couldnt be
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:13
Regular
HAHA, Marko™ banged his finger on the banister! HAHA...

Ooo, it wasn't your finger...what, it was your...OUCH.
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:11
Regular
†HÊ_MÅÐMÃÑ wrote:
> hmm i can imagine it now

If you're emplying that I hurt it whilst spanking ones monkeh then please, don't imagine it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.