GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Secret of winning Monopoly...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Monopoly'.
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:26
Regular
...is... I want to build up to that at the mo.
All you have to do to win at monopoly is based around gaining these certain properties, which are... the train Stations.

Or for some of the other versions you have, the properties that appear once on each side of the board right in the middle.
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:26
"The Will of D."
...is... I want to build up to that at the mo.
All you have to do to win at monopoly is based around gaining these certain properties, which are... the train Stations.

Or for some of the other versions you have, the properties that appear once on each side of the board right in the middle.
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:35
Regular
"bWo > You"
Can't disrespect the quality of the utilities as well. Never mind Mayfair, grab those six properties and you're laughing
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:43
Regular
Mayfair and Park Lane are a recipe for disaster.

You want all the green and orange ones, and maybe blue.
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The utilites are gubbins.

There are 4 sets that you need to grab.

-The stations
-The light browns
-The reds
-The greens
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:44
"The Will of D."
yeah the pinks and oranges are the best to get, becuase if you have all the stations and facilities you own all but one square of that street.
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:45
"The Will of D."
Whitestripes wrote:
> Mayfair and Park Lane are a recipe for disaster.
>
> You want all the green and orange ones, and maybe blue.

I have actually been able to win once with them, and them alone.
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:47
Regular
"bWo > You"
I think the final side of the board isn't worthy of anyone's cash, and that they should spend it on the opposite side. No point in taking the light blues, but the pinks, oranges, stations, utilties and the browns are the ones you should aim for, but not all in one game, surely.
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:52
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> The utilites are gubbins.
>
> There are 4 sets that you need to grab.
>
> -The stations
> -The light browns
> -The reds
> -The greens

yup, i go for those also, and the yellows sometimes
Sun 19/01/03 at 00:16
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
No-one has really mentioned the Dark Blues, I'm not saying to buy just them, but having a hotel on the last dark blue results in a rent of over £1000, for that instant bankrupcy effect.
Sun 19/01/03 at 00:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Lombardo wrote:
> No-one has really mentioned the Dark Blues, I'm not saying to buy just
> them, but having a hotel on the last dark blue results in a rent of
> over £1000, for that instant bankrupcy effect.

I think its actually £1700-2000 with a hotel on park lane.

Also, when you are sent to jail near the start of the game, pay £50 and get out immeadiately. When further into the game however, wait until you have hadd all 3 of your throws.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.